Sky new customer codes

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Sky new customer codes

Postby Nap on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:44 pm

screech wrote:log into your sky account and find the thinking of leaving page
or click here https://secure.sky.com/mysky-cancelsky? ... 0wodvXYI6A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At the bottom right hand corner, is the subheading 'still looking to cancel? Click on the Sky TV option underneath

If you're eligible for a discount you should be redirected to a questionnaire page, which will ask you why you want to cancel your package. Click on 'worried about the cost'

if you're eligible, you will be redirected to a page offering a discount on your bill

Be careful with this as you could be tying yourself into a new contract. I was offered 10% off for 18 months. The small print states that by accepting this offer I will be accepting a new 18 month contract! No thanks.
Nap
Hates cheese

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Reduced the Sky bill by £50 a month last night, & got the fastest broadband on offer thrown in.
I found a virgin offer that way undercut them, so I made that 'cancellation call'.
Huge saving for the sake of a 20min phone call. :scarfer:
Dover KUMB fan

Postby chigwells finest on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:51 pm

ive just signed up to sky q , for £ 25 pm for everything bar the sport , which i think is decent , buying a new build house and the internet speed is pretty pony , but no fibre in the development yet so that cant be helped .

Mr Kodi will help me for everything else , plus i have now tv at £ 6.99 a month which gets me sky1 , living and atlantic , fox and quite a few others , thats well worth having
chigwells finest

Postby sendô on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:09 pm

I was punting about £130 a month away last year on sky plus broadband etc. ****ed that off and went to Virgin £68 everything bar the movies. That's up again next month though so might head back to sky if they've got some deals on.
sendô

Postby bongo on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Cheers Screech you have just saved me 10% on my TV.
bongo

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:24 pm

Anyone know a Sky engineer that fancies a bit of private work?
westham,eggyandchips

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:23 pm

My neighbour , Billy came round to see me the other day and said he got a ' Q ' Box and a new dish for threatening to leave , he only pays the bare minimum per month , £20 odd - I think he said he had to pay £20 for the engineer's fee [ normally around £60 ] - I pay something in the region of £80 per month and have a dish that's hanging on for dear life with only a [ very ] rusted bracket preventing it from hitting the ground .

I'll be making a phone call once I've decided exactly what I want from the deal .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:28 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:My neighbour , Billy came round to see me the other day and said he got a ' Q ' Box and a new dish for threatening to leave , he only pays the bare minimum per month , £20 odd - I think he said he had to pay £20 for the engineer's fee [ normally around £60 ] - I pay something in the region of £80 per month and have a dish that's hanging on for dear life with only a [ very ] rusted bracket preventing it from hitting the ground .

I'll be making a phone call once I've decided exactly what I want from the deal .

Mrs Eggs was talked into 'Q' whilst ive been trying to source a new Sky+HD box. Luckily Our subscription will be getting reduced by £4 a month and we're only paying £20 also for installation (and its a sunday which is usually a lot more).
westham,eggyandchips

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:31 pm

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Mrs Eggs was talked into 'Q' whilst ive been trying to source a new Sky+HD box. Luckily Our subscription will be getting reduced by £4 a month and we're only paying £20 also for installation (and its a sunday which is usually a lot more).

Can you use them both simultaneously ?
The Old Man of Storr

Postby chelmsfordhammer91 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 pm

I've contacted sky today to downgrade my package.

We were paying 80 odd quid a month for the complete tv package, internet and phone line.

Downgraded to the original package for £12 a month but line rental and internet was the lowest they could already offer me at 34 quid. Still saving a fair chunk considering I don't use most of it as I can stream what I want to watch.

The in laws are giving us their sky go extra account so I can still watch sport and movies if needed.
chelmsfordhammer91

Postby FreeWheeling on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:47 pm

cancelled my BTSport last month but they decided to send me this anyway

On 7 January 2018 your monthly price will increase by:
BT Sport Pack £3.00
BT Sport HD Pack £1.50

I forwarded it on to BT CEO and in not so many words told him to shove it up his arse
FreeWheeling

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:33 am

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
Can you use them both simultaneously ?

I don't think so TOMOS. :(
westham,eggyandchips

Postby sendô on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 am

Need codes. About to cancel my Virgin that's gone up to £100 a month. I dont even have the movies. TV is a rip off, and I'm probably just going to get rid of the lot and stick to netflix/apple tv and maybe now tv for the sport.
sendô

Postby Baron Von Marlon on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:04 pm

I pay £19 a month for the most basic TV, 100MB Broadband and a phone line with Virgin.

They matched a deal that they were offering to new customers, when I threatened to leave.
Baron Von Marlon

Postby chigwells finest on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:35 pm

I pay 25 for all tv on sky plus 27.50 for the sports packages , just moving over to vodaphone for internet and phone as they promise me a startling 10mb download speed , ( that's 20x better than im getting from talk talk ) . got amazon prime and now tv

ps talk talk must have the worst customer service ever
chigwells finest

Postby Hammersfaniow on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:11 pm

It’s that time again for me, cancelled Sky last month, they rung back with the following offer:

Sky Original TV package with Sports & Movies
Unlimited broadband, line rental & free evening & weekend calls

£51 per month

Difficult thing is I don’t really have much to compare it to as a couple of the other providers say their service in my area is weak so I doubt it’d be worth switching

Any thoughts ?
Hammersfaniow

Postby sendô on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Length of contract?
sendô

Postby Hammersfaniow on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm

sendô wrote:Length of contract?

12 months
Hammersfaniow

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 pm

Hammersfaniow wrote:It’s that time again for me, cancelled Sky last month, they rung back with the following offer:

Sky Original TV package with Sports & Movies
Unlimited broadband, line rental & free evening & weekend calls

£51 per month

Difficult thing is I don’t really have much to compare it to as a couple of the other providers say their service in my area is weak so I doubt it’d be worth switching

Any thoughts ?

Take it.

We pay double that for the full package with the new "Q" that also includes and additional "Q" box in our bedroom.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Just now, Sky are starting to message cancellation customers with 50% discount offers.

As always, it's a waiting game and one for blagging.
On live chat, I negotiated Entertainment package in HD, with Boxsets for £13.50 per month.

Once secured, they're usually more than happy to then sling offers for Movies and Sports your way.

Though, off the bat, your offer isn't too bad, if you're happy with just broadband, instead of Fibre.
rare as rockinghorse shat

Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Previous

Return to The Snug