Where Would You Like to Live in the UK

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Where Would You Like to Live in the UK

Postby warp on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:34 pm

at your mum's
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby BalaamBoy on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 pm

I'd move back to East Dulwich in a heartbeat!
BalaamBoy

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:02 pm

warp wrote:at your mum's

I can't believe it took you four pages. I'm dissapointed in you.
Cockneyboy311

Postby Bend it like Repka on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:03 pm

warp wrote:at your mum's

Might be a bit crowded. Already 10 to a room.
Bend it like Repka

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:15 am

EugeneSpeed wrote:With a £1,000,000 I'd probably stay where I am in South Wimbledon. Maybe get a place with a bigger garden and another room.

My sister lived in Wimbledon for years, near the tennis courts at one point, then near the common (her fella is minted). The area wasn't bad but **** me, talk about snobbish.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby EugeneSpeed on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 am

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:My sister lived in Wimbledon for years, near the tennis courts at one point, then near the common (her fella is minted). The area wasn't bad but **** me, talk about snobbish.

My wife grew up there. Wimbledon is huge - South Wimbledon is 2 miles away from Wimbledon Village. Same distance as there is between Wood Green and Muswell Hill. Very different places.
EugeneSpeed

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:29 am

EugeneSpeed wrote:My wife grew up there. Wimbledon is huge - South Wimbledon is 2 miles away from Wimbledon Village. Same distance as there is between Wood Green and Muswell Hill. Very different places.

Don't I know it. A couple of years back me and my mate were out in Dalston and attempted to get a taxi back to his in South Wimbledon. After getting thrown out of one cab in town, we eventually made it to Wimbledon. We got out of the taxi and hadn't a scooby where we were. Must have been around 5am at this point and we asked a local where the hell we were in Wimbledon. Turns out we were the complete opposite end of Wimbledon to where we needed to be. As we were pissed, we walked for about half an hour, coming to no sort of conclusion. It was the middle of January too and both our phones had lost battery. Ended up walking around Wimbledon for another hour and found a nightbus that dropped off near South Wimbledon station.

Walked through the door at around 7am. Left the nightclub around 4am. An 45 minute journey had taken 3 hours. 8-)
LincolnshireHammer

Postby EugeneSpeed on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:35 am

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Walked through the door at around 7am. Left the nightclub around 4am. An 45 minute journey had taken 3 hours. 8-)

Haha.
EugeneSpeed

Postby mushy on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Bend it like Repka wrote:Pretty much in my dream spot on the South Coast. Living by the sea is special, don't think I could ever move away now.

The only upgrade is Devon or Cornwall, better beaches and surf, the downside being a bit more isolated.

Whereabouts are you BILR?

Just spent the weekend lounging on the beach at Saltdean, found it all very relaxing and wondering if a move to somewhere like that would suit.
mushy

Postby warp on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Cockneyboy311 wrote:I can't believe it took you four pages. I'm dissapointed in you.

oi!
i just want to give other posters the chance to have a go at your mum, but no one wants to and it ends up being me every time :fsake:
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Maroonmachine on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:41 pm

I'm happy living in a tiny village in leafy West Sussex between Petworth and Goodwood. As jevs says, lots of quaint villages with great pubs within about a ten mile radius.

Spent my formative youth in Lewes too so another vote for the Bonfire Night celebrations there.
Maroonmachine

Postby Goldie on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Was down in Basmati last night in Petworth. Always good !
Goldie

Postby Bend it like Repka on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:25 pm

mushy wrote:Whereabouts are you BILR?

Just spent the weekend lounging on the beach at Saltdean, found it all very relaxing and wondering if a move to somewhere like that would suit.

You were very close to me then!

I was in the Lido on Sunday.
Bend it like Repka

Postby The Collector on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:36 pm

As I only have a budget of £1m to play with I would probably opt for a place down the road from TOMOS.

Skye is a magnificent place and I would like to have the opportunity to live there.

If the budget was higher I would spend the whole year, every year, gleefully trolling around the world watching every major sporting event and probably some minor ones as well (quite like shinty) and would not put down roots anywhere. I would probably live in a Stratford hotel for a bit of the season as well.

Don't tell Mrs Collector.
The Collector

Postby Monkeybubbles on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:31 pm

The Collector wrote:As I only have a budget of £1m to play with I would probably opt for a place down the road from TOMOS.

Skye is a magnificent place and I would like to have the opportunity to live there.

If the budget was higher I would spend the whole year, every year, gleefully trolling around the world watching every major sporting event and probably some minor ones as well (quite like shinty) and would not put down roots anywhere. I would probably live in a Stratford hotel for a bit of the season as well.

Don't tell Mrs Collector.

She said she doesn't mind contributing to the fare.
Monkeybubbles

Postby WHU_Del on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 pm

WHU_Del wrote:An island. I've been thinking about this for a while, and they come up at reasonable prices now and again.
£250k for this one, would leave plenty over to renovate the buildings and/or build a decent sized house.
http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/en/ ... -shetland/

Found an even better one. Offers over £300k, five miles from Kirkwall, connected to mainland Orkney by a causeway at low tide. Already a house on the island with all services supplied.
Bliss.
http://search.savills.com/property-deta ... UFHR160028
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby mushy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:36 pm

Bend it like Repka wrote:
You were very close to me then!

I was in the Lido on Sunday.

I was there on Saturday, including the rainy spell.
Is Saltdean going to become a rejuvenated hipster place, or is it already there?
A meal in the Spanish lady seemed to indicate it had some way to go.
mushy

Postby Bend it like Repka on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:34 am

mushy wrote:I was there on Saturday, including the rainy spell.
Is Saltdean going to become a rejuvenated hipster place, or is it already there?
A meal in the Spanish lady seemed to indicate it had some way to go.

Nah mate. Just a real family area. Some rough types, the Spanish does attract them a bit (I'll be there Sunday watching the game) but it's a great place.
Bend it like Repka

Postby Hugh Jargon II on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:21 am

Chelsea harbour. I will be hated by the neighbours
Hugh Jargon II

Postby east_ham on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Woodside Park , after having travelled through it for the past few weeks , its a very nice quiet area , setback from the main Finchley area.

Or Highgate
east_ham

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug