The Mental Health Thread - (Help Contacts in First Post).

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Re: A thread to discuss depression and other mental issues...

Post by ageing hammer »

Adriansournumber1 you have absolutely nothing to be sorry for mate, well done for trying to nail that b*stard for what he did to you. Stick with it mate it will be long and drawn out but you will get justice in the end. I hope your new found sister and you blossom into a great relationship and you get some well deserved happiness. :)
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I'm suffering from some severe night-time stressing at the moment. Wake up in a cold sweat, worrying and panicking deeply about work technicalities and issues that don't really bother me under normal circumstances i.e. during the course of a normal working day. I do have some fairly pressing concerns, but I don't stress or panic about it when I'm at work, or whatever, only when I wake up at night.

Anything I should be concerned about? I certainly don't recall experiencing stuff like this in the past, although I suppose I do have rather more responsibilities than in the days before I became a dad.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

It's probably as you say Dan, just more responsibility on your head.
It can be hard being a functioning human being these days, never mind a responsible parent.

As for the sleep thing, it's very common and I don't know why.
Things that seem trivial and not worth worrying about suddenly take on a huge importance at three in the morning for no apparent reason.

Speaking for.myself I am a terrible procrastinator, and take on the air and appearance of someone that can leave everything to the last minute. As a result of being disorganised and lazy with things like paperwork (I leave letters unopened for months) , I have periods where I wake up in the dead of night.

All I can say is that they do go away, sometimes just tying up a few loose ends and.opening those letters can help.
Other times it just goes away on its own.
Is it interfering with your daily routine at all?
mushy

Post by mushy »

Adrianshammer,

Did I read that correctly that you are unable to submit a FOI until you have had counselling?

Never heard of that before, who decided that?
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

mushy wrote:Adrianshammer,

Did I read that correctly that you are unable to submit a FOI until you have had counselling?

Never heard of that before, who decided that?
Yeah that is what Medway council are saying. Staggering how difficult this process is, you think they be jumping out there skin to help.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

mushy wrote:It's probably as you say Dan, just more responsibility on your head.
It can be hard being a functioning human being these days, never mind a responsible parent.

As for the sleep thing, it's very common and I don't know why.
Things that seem trivial and not worth worrying about suddenly take on a huge importance at three in the morning for no apparent reason.

Speaking for.myself I am a terrible procrastinator, and take on the air and appearance of someone that can leave everything to the last minute. As a result of being disorganised and lazy with things like paperwork (I leave letters unopened for months) , I have periods where I wake up in the dead of night.

All I can say is that they do go away, sometimes just tying up a few loose ends and.opening those letters can help.
Other times it just goes away on its own.
Is it interfering with your daily routine at all?
Not enormously impacting, but is messing with my sleep patterns a bit. Haven’t been able to exercise as much as normal in the past couple months, which has probably had an effect. Will try to get back to it and see if that helps. Just don’t recall this ever being much of a problem in the past and is a bit unsettling.
mushy

Post by mushy »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:
Yeah that is what Medway council are saying. Staggering how difficult this process is, you think they be jumping out there skin to help.
I am flabbergasted that this can be true, why is some jobsworth at the council saying you cannot submit an FOI until you have had counselling?
It's none of their business, if it was part of the local mental health team then I could just about understand it, even then I don't think they have the power to stop you submitting an FOI.
Sounds like they are making it all up as they go along.
Ask them under what power they are stopping you.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

ToiletDuck wrote:Bit of an update, i am being offered a severance package at work.

Not sure how i feel about it but getting out thst toxic environment will be good
In my time I've been made redundant 3 times - the 1st was ok as Jen's Mum was dying of cancer and it gave us more time to be with her and look after her .

The 2nd time I was 39 and really not sure I'd get another job I would enjoy - but I did .

The 3rd time was Voluntary and it came at exactly the right time as I wasn't able to go to work anyway !

It all depends on your age , your skill sets and what you're prepared to do . In my case I was prepared to do any job but I accept your case may be different - our mortgage was paid and living here on Skye there isn't an abundance of work unless you have a trade .

Good Luck .
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 927 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Adrianisournumber1 - I can’t see why the FOI request should be dependent on counselling. As others have said, I would suggest that you go back to the local authority to ask for a clear explanation. How about asking your local councillor to help you, as they might have better access to the relevant department.
Adrianisournumber1

Back on the phone already to Kent CC, as we need to go to both council as neither are knowing if they have the paperwork. Submitted a foi kent last week not even had a acknowledgement.

I am getting stressed with it all now didnt sleep last night, was just studying all the paperwork and trying to figure out why this is so hard and difficult.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:Back on the phone already to Kent CC, as we need to go to both council as neither are knowing if they have the paperwork. Submitted a foi kent last week not even had a acknowledgement.

I am getting stressed with it all now didnt sleep last night, was just studying all the paperwork and trying to figure out why this is so hard and difficult.
I wouldn't rule out something being deliberately obfuscated here. Could be worth checking with the CAB if you haven't already. Best of luck, I hope you take everyone involved to the f*cking cleaners :thup:
Adrianisournumber1

I think it could very well be that someone has lost the paperwork, Medway are saying Kent county council have it, Kent County council are saying Medway have it.

that is my abuser, so atleast he is in prison
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/new ... for-35122/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Wouldn't be vaguely surprised if the paper trail's been lost, accidentally or perhaps deliberately to spare a few blushes.

As for that bloke - a pitiful, worthless, c*nt.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Adriansournumber1 - I am in awe of you sharing and your bravery, keep fighting the good fight, you are an inspiration :thup:
mushy

Post by mushy »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:I think it could very well be that someone has lost the paperwork, Medway are saying Kent county council have it, Kent County council are saying Medway have it.

that is my abuser, so atleast he is in prison
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/new ... for-35122/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apologies Adrian in case I have missed it but what kind of information are you trying to get and why?

There are some smart people on here who may well be able to help and advise you on your search for whatever it is you are searching for?I
It.may also be that the type of info you require is not freely available to Joe Public.
Am sure one of our legal bods can help with this one.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 927 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Clacton-ammer wrote:Adriansournumber1 - I am in awe of you sharing and your bravery, keep fighting the good fight, you are an inspiration :thup:
I agree with you there - it may not be an easy road for you AION1 and it will be difficult at times but you will get there.
westhamshares
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by westhamshares »

Reading this thread has been really illuminating for me and very cathartic

I was one of the i suspect many people on kumb who didn’t know of its existence and discovered it by chance as part of a conversation with mushy about giving him a lift to the Everton game when he said he couldn’t go as he was physically meeting someone from kumb that he’d met through his thread

I don’t know how I can be of practical help but I want to be as my life has seemingly gone on without any of the issues some of you have unfortunately experienced

If anyone needs help with financial issues that are affecting them please pm me and I’ll do my best to help I was a chartered accountant by profession though no longer practice as one and consider myself reasonably financially savvy

I also would be more than happy to meet anyone pre or post game for a chat and drink alcoholic or otherwise I’m not fussed either way if someone wants to keep away from alcohol and particularly want to meet those who feel they don’t have anyone to go to games with

Likewise if someone needs help with tickets I’d be happy to help as I often have extras due to the family not going - these tickets will be free to anyone who needs help

If I can be of any practical help please reach out to me directly

As mushy knows I am a practising some would say Orthodox Jew and tonight is the start of the day of atonement - Yom Kippur- whole day of reflection in synagogue

I will be thinking of you all during this period and hoping that this message is received in the positive manner in which it is intentioned

I wish all of you only good things
Adrianisournumber1

mushy wrote: Apologies Adrian in case I have missed it but what kind of information are you trying to get and why?

There are some smart people on here who may well be able to help and advise you on your search for whatever it is you are searching for?I
It.may also be that the type of info you require is not freely available to Joe Public.
Am sure one of our legal bods can help with this one.
I am trying to get my social services records, i was adopted under an emergency care order, as my birth mother refused to leave the man abusing me. The social services records document the abuse that took place and the injuries that i suffered. It clearly states on the court document it was KCC but they are saying as it happened in what now is a medway town they have the reports, but Medway are saying that as it happened when KCC covered Medway they have the records. So i have submitted now a FOI for both and both have said they will respond but the 18th October.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

westhamshares wrote:If anyone needs help with financial issues that are affecting them please pm me and I’ll do my best to help I was a chartered accountant by profession though no longer practice as one and consider myself reasonably financially savvy
That's very kind of you mate. Top stuff :thup: And don't be a stranger on here if you need to get anything off your chest.

AION1 - best of luck getting your hand on that info. My ex-MP was really good at helping me with FOI that was taking for ever, so you could always chase him or her up at their surgery hours if you get no joy.
mushy

Post by mushy »

Top man westhamshares, some very kind things thoughts from you there.

Have an easy fast.
I think thats what they say anway.