The Mental Health Thread - (Help Contacts in First Post).

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Re: A thread to discuss depression and other mental issues...

Post by Tenbury »

My family live in a really small income and I'd echo all that.Especially difficult is the realisation (and this really isn't envy) that other families , usually family or close friends, often have a completely different concept of family expenditure than your own. My kid's really like time spent with the in-laws , but I've learnt to set financial parameters first before any visit (they spend money like it's going out of fashion).
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Sorry to be a pain

Is anyone else feeling really crap at the moment? Trying to figure out if there is "something in the air" or if its just me being hit hard.

Struggeling to keep it together at work, cant concentrate, cant sleep, feel like i on the verge of crying. Feel like i could physically break if i fell over.

I should be looking forward to the weekend but can bearly bring myself to speak to anyone today.

Know an arguemnt is brewing with the other half
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

ToiletDuck wrote:Is anyone else feeling really crap at the moment? Trying to figure out if there is "something in the air" or if its just me being hit hard.

Struggeling to keep it together at work, cant concentrate, cant sleep, feel like i on the verge of crying. Feel like i could physically break if i fell over.
To the letter, my last couple of days. This morning I did cry a little. I think it might be weather related as well. Obviously alongside all the other ****ed up, retarded **** that goes on as well.
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

ToiletDuck wrote:Sorry to be a pain

Is anyone else feeling really crap at the moment? Trying to figure out if there is "something in the air" or if its just me being hit hard.
I think people are genuinely on a bit of a low after a break, Easter holidays or Xmas for example.
Geordie Hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Geordie Hammer »

Yup! I’m the same! Just driven down from Newcastle so that I can get back to work.

Felt really low last night and all day today! I should be going home!!! But right now I don’t know if that’ll ever happen!
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

ToiletDuck wrote:Sorry to be a pain

I should be looking forward to the weekend but can bearly bring myself to speak to anyone today.

Know an arguemnt is brewing with the other half
Do you have a non-judgemental type person that you can unload a little of that sadness upon?
Its often a good thing to do, people close to us are not normally the best at listening, they care too much and concentrate on fixing the problem, plus because they know us well they have lots of stored up opinions and judgements already in their heads. Thats usually the last thing you need.
Finding someone neutral to talk about stuff can be difficult, the less you know them normally the better.
Good luck ToiletDuck.(and the rest of you that aren't feeling great right now).
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Sorry to hear of my fellow thread contributors struggling at the moment.
You have my sympathy and I hope this moment passes quickly.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, coming back here and talking.
We’re all in this together.

Well my wife’s relationship has crashed out this week inevitably.
Probably caught lying about her situation or whatever.
She was all upset yesterday.
Today we had a day without the kids, went to lunch, did household chores and the shopping.
Was weird, especially as she reactivated her Tinder profile and went trawling for blokes again, about the time I got the kids back from nursery and into the evening whilst we had dinner and watched TV.

So she’s coming unglued a bit and it gives me strength.
I said to my therapist yesterday that I am doing this partly because I promised her before all this started and I keep my ****ing promises but also so my boy could have one last happy family holiday with mum and dad.
That's how I am getting through and I swear to ****ing god if she walks next week I'll be so grateful.
I just want to see the best in people and can't fathom how you could be such a **** to someone you claim to care about.
Still, 4 days...
Geordie Hammer

Post by Geordie Hammer »

I just want my mrs back! I get that this c*nt of a thing made me irritable, irrational, paranoid, lethargic etc etc....some of the things I’ve said over the past year when I’ve gone into meltdown have been stupid and unforgivable. But I moved down here a broken man masking the true extent of my mental health issues! I’m winning and proving I’m winning. But I feel like I’m now being punished!
None of it was the real me! This f*cking thing has taken away the most precious thing in my life! And I feel completely helpless.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

If there is hope for you mate it could still take a long time.
Fixing yourself and showing through actions and the way you carry yourself and her missing you will all contribute to a change for all of you.

It’s a long race to run and right now you are doing the hard work and feeling like there’s no pay off.

You need to rebuild you first my man.
That’s not easy I appreciate.
There are days when there’s nothing I want more than my wife which given my circumstances is ridiculous.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Geordie Hammer wrote:I just want my mrs back! I get that this c*nt of a thing made me irritable, irrational, paranoid, lethargic etc etc....some of the things I’ve said over the past year when I’ve gone into meltdown have been stupid and unforgivable. But I moved down here a broken man masking the true extent of my mental health issues! I’m winning and proving I’m winning. But I feel like I’m now being punished!
None of it was the real me! This f*cking thing has taken away the most precious thing in my life! And I feel completely helpless.
Jamie, sorry to read you are suffering mate, I cannot give you much advice, but I just want to say I hear you and feel your pain man. You are winning and you must try even though it's really hard to keep going. Prawnie is right your only chance to win her back is by fixing yourself fully first and then hoping somewhere down the line you win her back. That is a long road but well worth the wait and the struggle if you can get there. You have show great resilience and courage to get this far and everyone on here is right behind you mate. :)
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Cambs Iron wrote:I think people are genuinely on a bit of a low after a break, Easter holidays or Xmas for example.
So true, Cambs.
We hang on for weeks for a break like Easter (something to distract us from the stress of our life) & then it comes & goes like a flash, leaving us back with the stress of our life.
Luckily, there's 2 long weekends in May to look forward to!
I think the changing of seasons can also disturb some people, until they get used to the new one.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

PrawnSandwich wrote:If there is hope for you mate it could still take a long time.
Fixing yourself and showing through actions and the way you carry yourself and her missing you will all contribute to a change for all of you.

It’s a long race to run and right now you are doing the hard work and feeling like there’s no pay off.

There are days when there’s nothing I want more than my wife which given my circumstances is ridiculous.
Prawnie - given what you are going through at the moment, your last couple of posts have been truly awesome. I think anyone, regardless of whether they are going through any issues at the moment, can find inspiration in them. :thup:
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

pablo jaye wrote:
Prawnie - given what you are going through at the moment, your last couple of posts have been truly awesome. I think anyone, regardless of whether they are going through any issues at the moment, can find inspiration in them. :thup:
This!
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Agree on words about Prawnie, you are a star dude, mucho respect :thup:

Huge respect to all that are sharing & finding their way out the dark/hole :thup:

You are in a big hole, you can't climb out, A Dr walks by and you shout up "help" Dr says he will help, throws down a prescription and walks on. Priest walks by, you shout "help", priest prayers for you and walks on, then Joe one of your mates walks by, you shout "help", you tell Joe you can't get out, Joe jumps in with you, you tell him "why did you do that, I can't get out" Joe says "I've been down here before, I know the way out"

This thread is Joe, and hopefully you have a real Joe in your life as well. Keep the good fight going, you are doing great.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Perfect analogy Clackers :thup:
Geordie Hammer

Post by Geordie Hammer »

PrawnSandwich wrote:If there is hope for you mate it could still take a long time.

Well I’ve given up.

She’s text this morning to say she’s not been happy for a while. Wanted to end it at Christmas. Didn’t want to hurt me. Did things like say she loves me, wants our wedding pics up etc etc just to keep me happy. I smell :thdn:
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

My heart breaks for you reading this Jamie.
I am so sorry.

But the message remains the same.
Rebuild you.
You are a decent guy and a father.
You are wanted and needed here.

Message any time.
You have so much to fight for.
Starting with yourself.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Well Jamie, it's better to know where you stand, even if it's not what you want it to be.
I'm sure we were all on here hoping that she would change her mind but it seems that her mind's made up.
The end of a relationship (if you didn't want it) is very like going through a bereavement.
We can't make someone else love or want us, however much we feel that we love or want them.
All you're hearing is that you are no longer right for her. It's just as much the other way, imo. If she is not happy in the relationship but it continued, ultimately you also would end up very unhappy. She is no longer right for you.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

To echo Samba,
I spent ages saying that my wife was the best thing that happened to me.
A friend of mine said, yes she was, but that doesn’t mean she is the best thing for you now.
Took a long time for that to sink in (and admittedly my wife’s behaviour is disgusting now and I pray that you don’t experience anything remotely like it) and some days I still struggle to reconcile the last ten years with the last three months.

She’s causing you further pain and not helping you right now.
There are no guarantees in life but right now you are the most important thing in your life.
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

Last edited by CentenaryUpperHammer on Fri May 10, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.