The Mental Health Thread - (Help Contacts in First Post).

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Re: A thread to discuss depression and other mental issues...

Post by Samba »

fjthegrey wrote:Apologies. As its been quoted, there's no point deleting my post but I would if it hadn't.
I'm a **** and I shouldn't have said anything. You should talk about whatever you want to.
I won't post here again.
Now, come on, fj. Don't you dare, not post again.
You lashed out but that may well be connected to how bad, you've been feeling.
We all want you to post, if you want to. I'm sure that Westcliff especially, would want you to.
You're both good guys. Please stay on here.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1207 likes

Post by Tenbury »

fjthegrey wrote:Apologies. As its been quoted, there's no point deleting my post but I would if it hadn't.

I'm a **** and I shouldn't have said anything. You should talk about whatever you want to.

I won't post here again.
We're all ****s and you're far less of one than most.( You're U 12 junior league compared to me )
I 'v e been missing your posts on the site , it's better when they're more frequent.
Think the reaction shows that your response was completely understandable, if you need a break so be it, but I for one think you're amongst the best posters on the site.
(I'll stop there,as it beginning to sound like I want to shag you, and I'm a bit incapacitated right now).
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 924 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

fj - I understand why you posted on this thread and would like to applaud you for doing so - we are here for you. This is a wonderful thread and we are all going through different things when we post and that is sometimes reflected in the tone that we take and the words we use. Also, there are the limitations of text, which doesn’t truly get all meaning across.

Expressing emotions and talking about mental health is sometimes difficult for us chaps but it really does touch me greatly to see the empathy and advice that many posters on KUMB give - you really are a caring bunch and at times I appear to get grit in my eye reading posts here.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

fj - This site would be a poorer place without you, you're an intelligent chap, and I always take the time to read your posts because of how well they are written. If you're having a tough time, there's plenty of people here that are rooting for you, who will listen to you, and hopefully offer some form of comfort, with their words of advice and support.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I won't post here again.

Everyone has their favourite posters , I am no exception , I have a list of around half a dozen posters on here that I truly look up to , you're on it , Fj , if that means anything at all to you .

You're a brilliant young man , if I had half your talent I'd consider myself a very lucky man indeed but I don't so I'll settle for being me .

There's no need for you to not post , you didn't do anything wrong as such , Westcliff will have heard it all before and will have already forgotten it .

You've lots of friends on here , Fj - stay part of the group .
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

he's right you know.
why would he come on here to talk about his very material-plane-of-existance issues, when an answer accepted by a large part of the "community" is that of a self appointed spiritual guru?
i know i wouldn't be interested in that, at all.

but i'm a **** after all...
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

You're right warp. You are a ****.

I have deleted the quoted post Fj.

Don't leave bro.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Mega Ron wrote:You're right warp. You are a ****.
:raver:
Westcliffspur
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Westcliffspur »

I have apologised to fj by pm and in this thread. I will not speak.of what caused offence again.

This is an incredible thread with many heartbtbreaking and heartfelt posts. So much incredible advice and magnificent compassion has been displayed on here.
The Old Man of Storr

I hope no one on here thinks any the less of Westcliffe because he confessed to his work with Spiritualism , I'm sure that on reflection he will agree that it was a mistake to mention it on a thread concerning depression . No one should suffer as Westcliffe did as a young boy , I don't know how he found the strength to go on , he's a remarkable man , I hope the people responsible are jailed for a very long time .

As Tenbury said , this thread is too important and should not be lost to deviation .
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I lost my cousin to cancer 2 months today. He was the same age as me (40) and one of my best friends. It’s been very tough on all the family, especially his wife, three children, parents and siblings.

Last night I made the mistake of looking at his Facebook page, and I upset myself. Today, not feeling too great, due to lack of sleep and the heat I went into work against my better judgement. I got to about 12pm and I had to leave the office. I sat in the stairwell to try and compose myself but just burst into tears. At that point a colleague walked through the door and got the shock of his life. He was great though and called my Manager as I wasn’t in any fit state to talk. I got told to go home. I feel so sad, angry and frustrated. He was such a good guy and didn’t deserve this. I feel like I’m either going to cry again or smash something up. Not a great place to be :(
Samba

Post by Samba »

That's really sad, Cb.
Nothing wrong with you feeling like this. It's a testament to how strong your bond with your cousin was.
Life is f***ing s**t, sometimes.
Sounds like maybe you might think about looking into bereavement counselling.
And of course, keep posting on here, if you need to. You're not alone.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

CB that is so sad to hear mate, it's a perfectly natural reaction and to be expected as you were so close.

I bet every single person on here could mention someone close to them who has passed that didn't deserve it it happens all the time and it is just so wrong and so sad.

Just remember your cousin in the good times ( not easy of course ) and talk to your family about his memory.

Opening up on here is a good thing as we are all behind anyone who is feeling down about what ever it is and no one judges anyone on this wonderful site.

Chin up mate :)
Snudge
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Snudge »

Well what can I say. Life's been pretty manic since I last posted. Thanks everybody for the advice. I've followed my heart. I've left home, and am now with what I genuinely think is the one I should be with.

Leaving was very difficult, but now the dust has settled, I know I've made the right choice.

Hopefully the future will show that it was.
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

Good to hear Smudge. Must have been tough, and expect it will be so for sometime. Hope that everything works out well for you. :thup:
Samba

Post by Samba »

Snudge wrote:Leaving was very difficult, but now the dust has settled, I know I've made the right choice.
Best of luck to you both, Snudge. It didn't sound like you could have just gone on & on, with the way things were.
Try to see as much of your kid as you can. I'm sure you would, anyway.
I also hope that your ex can one day be happy, as well. These things are never easy for all concerned.
The Old Man of Storr

ageing hammer wrote:CB that is so sad to hear mate, it's a perfectly natural reaction and to be expected as you were so close.

I bet every single person on here could mention someone close to them who has passed that didn't deserve it it happens all the time and it is just so wrong and so sad.

Just remember your cousin in the good times
Well said , Eamonn - you have to get past a certain point in the grieving process before you start to feel as if you can accept the loved one is gone and in Cockneyboy's case it's still very raw - what's happening to you , mate is very much normal , you sound a lovely man and your were very lucky to have such a close and special relationship with your cousin , remember the good times , that's all we can do .

Jennie's Cousin , Jason died of cancer when he was just 33 - he lived life to the full and was a very likeable lad - he had contracted Hodgkin's Lymphoma and after weeks and weeks of treatment decided to go the bone marrow transplant route which has an 80% survival rate - Dear Jason lost out .
His brother recently emigrated to Australia and now Mum and Dad are going to follow [ if they're successful in their application , Bob is 71 and not in the best of health ] , it's going to cost them £50,000+ to emigrate because of their age but there's nothing here for them now .

None of us know what's round the corner , you do your best to stack the odds in your favour but sometimes people get unlucky and it's not fair .
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Snudge wrote:Well what can I say. Life's been pretty manic since I last posted. Thanks everybody for the advice. I've followed my heart. I've left home, and am now with what I genuinely think is the one I should be with.

Leaving was very difficult, but now the dust has settled, I know I've made the right choice.

Good on you, mate - hope everything works out for the best.

:thup:
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Thank you Samba, Ageing and TOMOS. Having a better day today. Looking forward to a few pints with mates in the pub tonight to watch the game.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Thank you Samba, Ageing and TOMOS. Having a better day today. Looking forward to a few pints with mates in the pub tonight to watch the game.
That's the spirit lad well done you :)