Infusing spirits

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Infusing spirits

Postby somerset-hammer on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:56 am

southbrishammer wrote:
I once tried garlic vodka at the lovely Vodka Revolution. It was vile, and left the taste of garlic in my mouth for days.

What did you expect, bris?

Sounds like a horrendous combination.
somerset-hammer

Postby hammerdivone on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:39 am

southbrishammer wrote:Out of interest, since you have filtered out all the rhubarb etc, why are you supposed to leave it?

I once tried garlic vodka at the lovely Vodka Revolution. It was vile, and left the taste of garlic in my mouth for days.

I think the longer you leave it the more mellow the flavour i.e. it can be a bit harsh immediately after straining although tbf it's still bloody lovely!

Garlic Vodka? No, just no...
hammerdivone

Postby fmgod on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am

Once had chilli vodka at vodka revs, that was seriously hot, you expect a kick but it was mouth burning bad
fmgod

Postby hammerdivone on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:22 am

I like chilli vodka, and in fact we often drink gin (usually Ophir but Lidl's own brand spiced is also good) with half a red chilli in and a squeeze of lime.
hammerdivone

Previous

Return to The Snug