The best things in life

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: The best things in life

Postby Tenbury on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:13 pm

The Overlook wrote:I'm loving coleslaw at the moment.

It's not up there with beer and breasts, but it's not bad.

To ensure maximum joy, just combine all three.
Tenbury

Postby Patito on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Dogs.
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby warp on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:11 pm

^ you interspecies pervert Image
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby The Difference on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:56 pm

This thread should be read whilst listening to Ian Dury's Reasons to be Cheerful, part 3.
The Difference

Postby BalaamBoy on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:39 pm

prophet:marginal wrote:The lucky find of a fiver in a pair of old jeans.

Your Ipod shuffling a long lost classic.

Winning away in a London derby you've had a ticket for.

Basic good manners and politeness from / to a stranger.

Home-cooked curry.

The first pint on a Friday night.

Having a great holiday, you've waited all year for, but, most of all

A smile on your kids' faces.

Pretty much spot on there Proph!
BalaamBoy

Postby ChzMff on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Being at Wembley when West Ham come back from 2-0 down. :scarfer:
ChzMff

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:44 am

Listening to TMS in the height of summer, in the garden with a cold beer.

Traveling to faraway places with my wife.

Being a West Ham Utd supporter.

Having good friends and family.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby mumbles87 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:49 am

My baby girls smile
A well cooked curry
Golf
mumbles87

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:00 am

The canteen staff leaving me unsupervised while I'm assembling my bacon sandwich. Mugs.
DasNutNock

Postby Mega Ron on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:07 pm

DasNutNock wrote:The canteen staff leaving me unsupervised while I'm assembling my bacon sandwich. Mugs.

When I worked at Sainbury's in Basildon/Wickford when I was at college the guy in the canteen was a West Ham fan.

On a Sunday the place would be dead and I'd spend most of my time in there playing pool with him and getting bacon baguettes with dozens of rashers in.

There were about a dozen lads my age and we'd do about 4 hours each and take it in turns each Sunday to clock the others out for a full days pay.

No wonder the managers hated students.
Mega Ron

Postby prophet:marginal on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:23 pm

I spent my late teens also at Sainsbury's, but in Brentwood.

The butchers' lads capacity for booze, on the annual Christmas pub crawl was beyond belief.
prophet:marginal

Postby AnthraxDave on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:05 pm

Tesco Finest Roast Beef in a big crusty white Bread Roll, smothered with Horseradish, Lettuce, Tomato and complimented with a bag of Salt & Vinegar Crisps. When you get out of bed at Lunchtime with a horrendous hangover.

Not much better in the world.
AnthraxDave

Postby 'Appy 'Ammer on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:33 am

Extra long poo. Twirl it out and it's like that black and white photo of the Loch Ness monster.

A poo that lasts an hour, away from the kids in your own quiet kingdom for 60 mins.

A poo that needs no toilet paper. One wipe and there is nothing brown stained on the andrex.

The chilli poo. Last night's extra hot takeaway decides to visit the porcelain at the most inconvenient time. But after the ring of fire subdues, you are ready for the day and think that a good blow out is better than a colonic.

The smelly poo. At work, at home you have left admiring that someone else will admire your effort.

The splatter poo. That's what bleach and the loo brush is for. But wonder how some remains above the rim like a teenager with blackheads in how to clean them off.

The pellet poo. Was it worth it sounding like a tommy gun?
'Appy 'Ammer

Postby Gormalysis on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:41 pm

'Appy 'Ammer wrote:Extra long poo. Twirl it out and it's like that black and white photo of the Loch Ness monster.

A poo that lasts an hour, away from the kids in your own quiet kingdom for 60 mins.

A poo that needs no toilet paper. One wipe and there is nothing brown stained on the andrex.

The chilli poo. Last night's extra hot takeaway decides to visit the porcelain at the most inconvenient time. But after the ring of fire subdues, you are ready for the day and think that a good blow out is better than a colonic.

The smelly poo. At work, at home you have left admiring that someone else will admire your effort.

The splatter poo. That's what bleach and the loo brush is for. But wonder how some remains above the rim like a teenager with blackheads in how to clean them off.

Beautiful Pooetry :oops:
Gormalysis

Postby sendô on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:14 am

You've got issues Appy.
sendô

Postby essexguy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:03 pm

'Appy 'Ammer wrote:Extra long poo. Twirl it out and it's like that black and white photo of the Loch Ness monster.

How about the ghost poo? You hear the splash and you get a wet arse but look down and its disappeared round the bend.
essexguy

Postby FreeWheeling on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:52 pm

You should come and work for our lot, some of our braver chaps now have a bit of a dare going on involving eating bags of Haribo sugar free bears
FreeWheeling

Postby Tristan Shout on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:15 pm

I had an itch in my ear, too far in for my finger, got the lid off a biro, instant heaven
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"

Postby Clacton-ammer on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:18 pm

Cuddled up with the missus on the sofa, lights out, great film on the tel, knowing that in a couple of hours I am going to ravage her silly.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby davids cross on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Cuddled up with the missus on the sofa, lights out, great film on the tel, knowing that in a couple of hours I am going to go to bed with a good book.
davids cross

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug