The big juicy vaping thread

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: The big juicy vaping thread

Postby east_ham on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:15 am

I wonder how much revenue has been lost to the Treasury (or are vapers taxed on there liquids) ?
east_ham

Postby debaser_74 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:26 pm

iron monkeyboy wrote:I work in a vape shop in Northampton, so I am a rather biased supporter of vaping ;)

I was on 40 roll ups a day or there abouts before I got my first vape, most of my mods have come from here, still enjoying my Captain pd270 thank you IMB. I've been making my own juice for just over 2 years now, a little bit harder due to the TPD law on nicotine strength although there are workarounds..

With regards to the amount people vape compared to smoking that's mainly due to the relatively low delivery of nicotine via a vape, and the time it takes for it be absorbed into the brain, a fault of nicotine base - the new nicotine salt based liquids deliver higher strength nicotine quicker and a more cigarette like experience, just need to import nicotine salt in from the states now and I'll be sorted for my next years batches :phew:
debaser_74

Postby DrVenk on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:44 am

Welsh Iron wrote:Make your own juice.

You'll know whats in it, you can make your own flavour/strength mix and it'll save you even more money.

I'm currently enjoying apple pie with vanilla custard in my Smok Alien.

Have been exploring how to do this online. Cheers for the nudge :thup:
DrVenk

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:49 am

It still makes me chuckle when you walk past a pub & there are all these big old rock ape types out the front. all of them puffing away like the flying Scotsman filling the air with sweet smells of Cherry, strawberry, apple pie etc.
Big deduction of man points.
Dover KUMB fan

Postby djclipz on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:15 am

I have a mate who has smoked since about 14, i'm not sure on what his daily tally is but it will certainly be 20+. Since vaping came in, he picked it up with the view that it might help him either cut down or quit smoking completely.

He now smokes Cigarettes, Roll ups and Vapes, hasn't helped 'him' to quit at all, almost done the opposite and increased his smoking, as gives him more things to smoke lol. It all just depends on what he has got available at that time and maybe the cashflow on what type it is.
djclipz

Postby kayahammer on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBmIoUO7_Gc

The great Norm MacDonald on smoking (skip to 1:03 to skip the intro).
kayahammer

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:47 pm

i havent smoked a cigarette in 2 years since i took up vaping

its a life saver

cant even smkoe a j now due to the tobacco in it
psychoscoredthelot

Postby debaser_74 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:19 am

DrVenk wrote:
Have been exploring how to do this online. Cheers for the nudge :thup:

It's a piece of piss Dr V, about as tricky as making coffee, I mix a litre at a time which works out between £25-£30 depending on what concentrates I'm using, some you have to steep for a while, I do a cinnamon/menthol mix which can be vaped immediately.. and tastes amazing. Feel free to pm if you need any advice.
debaser_74

Postby Welsh Iron on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:20 pm

DrVenk wrote:Have been exploring how to do this online. Cheers for the nudge :thup:

I use this site for my flavours & nicotine: https://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/shop/

And this program for working out my mix: http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

You can save your mixes and change them up till you find one you really like.

I get my VG & PG in 1ltr bottles off ebay for around a tenner each and decant each into smaller glasses when preparing a batch, as the syringes wont reach the liquid in the bigger bottles.

The above site do 'starter sets' so you can give it a go for not too much outlay, but it really is a piece of piss. Just be careful when handling the pure nicotine, obviously.

Top tip: put some clear nail varnish on the scale on the side of the syringes, as they wear off after a while.
Welsh Iron

Previous

Return to The Snug