The big juicy vaping thread

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

The big juicy vaping thread

Postby RayleighIrons on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:36 pm

So after quitting the fags back in June I'm now a fully fledged vapour. Having been mostly on nicotine flavour I've now started to broaden my horizon with the big bottle juices. Are there any juices you lot can recommended?

Also I have a Smok rig at the moment but I'm thinking of upgrading, any recommendations on them would also be appreciated.
RayleighIrons

Re: The big juicy vaping thread

Postby sendô on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:52 pm

I honestly don't get it.

People seem to vape more than they smoked before?

Then again I only smoke when drinking so meh.
sendô

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm

No combustion involved, and if it helps people get off the snouts, it has to be a good thing.
DasNutNock

Postby RichieRiv on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:35 pm

That's true, but people are going straight onto vapes having never smoked a snout in their life.
RichieRiv

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 am

RichieRiv wrote:That's true, but people are going straight onto vapes having never smoked a snout in their life.

That definitely is very odd - I have no idea why anyone would do that.

When we were kids, snout advertising was still in full effect. Everything covered in B&H, Silk Cut, JPS etc. logos, and there was plenty of allure associated with smoking. Since the advertising and smoking indoors bans, that's all gone away, right? Or are kids still starting at the rate we did?

Anyway, vaping definitely seems to be the most effective cessation aid I've seen so far - worked for me and a bunch of people I know. Takes a little discipline to ratchet down the nicotine levels and quit altogether, and I like to keep mine around for when I'm tempted to smoke again, but otherwise has done for me what nothing else was able to.

Still don't understand why anyone would pick up a vape having never smoked, though.
DasNutNock

Postby sendô on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:05 am

DasNutNock wrote:When we were kids, snout advertising was still in full effect. Everything covered in B&H, Silk Cut, JPS etc. logos, and there was plenty of allure associated with smoking.

There certainly was. I looked proper double hard smoking furtively behind the emergency escape stairs during morning break when I was 15.
sendô

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:18 am

Chances of them unveiling in 10 years that vapes are bad for you?!
LincolnshireHammer

Postby woodgreenspur on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 am

Too good to be true.I have this horrible feeling in a few years it'll come out that it is as bad or worse.
I have already heard of something called pop corn lungs that may be because of it.
woodgreenspur

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:01 am

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Chances of them unveiling in 10 years that vapes are bad for you?!

Very probably, but you'd hope that people were genuinely using it for cessation purposes rather than as a direct replacement for the gaspers, and were off them altogether.

Anyway, anyone who lives around greater London shouldn't go thinking that not smoking means they have clean lungs. The air around here is disgracefully dirty.
DasNutNock

Postby AnthraxDave on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:38 am

Smoked my last cigarette on 4th June last year after my Gran died of Lung Cancer the previous Christmas; It was such a brutal decline in her health that, once I finished Uni for the summer, I decided to give up. Not even looked back, thanks to Vaping. I was a 30+ a day smoker for nearly 20 years, and it has been piece of piss to stop smoking. I feel so so much healthier.

I'm not one of the big cloud types, as I prefer the mouth-lung mimic of the cigarette. So just a little pocket-sized kit (Aspire Rover and Nautilus 2) for me. Though I have a Smok Alien and a Smok Spirals Plus tank running a 0.6 coil if I want better flavours and a kit that will last me all day where I have nowhere to charge it.

Get all of my liquid from Rejuiced; They are a fantastic company in Southend.
AnthraxDave

Postby screech on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:50 am

i don't smoke or vape but used to do both and my one concern with vape is the amount of moisture that seems to be generated with the big hand greanade type handsets, my pal had one that when you had a chuff on it you would wipe your mouth/stubble after every go from the moisture. if that moisture is there on the way out then how much is going to your lungs?
screech

Postby chelmsfordhammer91 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:14 pm

I started smoking when I was a few months in at university and have up about 2 and half years ago. I was on about 5 a day but took up vaping and having smoked since (except on my honeymoon last year when my charger didn't work over there).

There was a good documentary on BBC about the health side of vaping and they showed that that there was little to no impact on your lungs, as the cells recovered almost as fast as if you were breathing air (around 10-20 seconds)where cigarettes caused the cells in the lungs to take hours to repair to almost their original level (explaining the long term impact of smoking cigarettes).

The only downside was the possibility of too much nicotine, however, as one of the first symptoms is a headache, most rational people would stop for an hour or two anyway.

I use a kangertech pen style vape so not too much smoke and fits easily and discreetly in my pocket.

I find them much safer than cigarettes when driving as they can be put down easily.

The stuff in the news about batteries exploding etc was mostly people insanely modifying devices which caused the fault.

If you use a pen style vape, I recommend Britannia liquids which are generally a tenner for 3-4 bottles. I only spend about 20 quid a month on liquid and buy 20 coils on Amazon for 12 quid which last around a week and a half each.
chelmsfordhammer91

Postby warp on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:27 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Very probably, but you'd hope that people were genuinely using it for cessation purposes rather than as a direct replacement for the gaspers, and were off them altogether.

i think they're seen more as a replacement than a way of quitting.

but i thought the liquid ones were surpassed already, by these (the ones with no liquids and the short cigarettes)

i still find it amusing when you come across cinnamon/apple clouds in the streets.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby iron monkeyboy on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:08 pm

I work in a vape shop in Northampton, so I am a rather biased supporter of vaping ;)

That said, I was a customer first. Was smoking 25 to 30 a day and pretty much gave up by mistake!

With the popcorn lung, it was related to an ingredient called diacetyl, which was used to give a buttery taste to certain liquids. The use of which has almost completely died out in the UK once the link was made.

The explosions are generally a form of Darwinism, as they are generally entirely avoidable and down to a failure to engage the brain before acting.
iron monkeyboy

Postby iron monkeyboy on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:11 pm

And in my case, Warp, you are absolutely correct.

I have traded the fags for the vape... I have no intention of giving up nicotine, I just prefer my new delivery method :D
iron monkeyboy

Postby iron monkeyboy on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:15 pm

iron monkeyboy

Postby DrVenk on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:15 pm

I definitely take in more nicotine now than I ever did. A notable side-effect is that I seem to p*ss like a trooper all day...

And while on this topic...maybe best for the irrating thread...but why the hell are vapers told to go and stand in the designated smoking area??? I'm trying to NOT inhale cigarette smoke FFS.
DrVenk

Postby RayleighIrons on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:12 pm

So yesterday I upgraded my smok mod to the smok pro colour mod and my word it's a improvement. You can tast the flavour so much better and the smoke cloud is unreal :D
RayleighIrons

Postby DrVenk on Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:06 pm

RayleighIrons wrote:So yesterday I upgraded my smok mod to the smok pro colour mod and my word it's a improvement. You can tast the flavour so much better and the smoke cloud is unreal :D

Switched to ProCore SE - like you, getting massive amounts of flavour but also now an effing migraine :P
DrVenk

Postby Welsh Iron on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:11 pm

Make your own juice.

You'll know whats in it, you can make your own flavour/strength mix and it'll save you even more money.

I'm currently enjoying apple pie with vanilla custard in my Smok Alien.
Welsh Iron

Next

Return to The Snug