Manbags

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Manbags

Postby Hammer1972 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:47 pm

Joyeux Marteau wrote:My other non work bag contains a waterproof, umbrella, suncream (just in case), drinks bottle, antibac hand gel, some plasters etc. . .

Exactly how often are you cutting yourself that you need to bring plasters with you everywhere you go?!

Joyeux Marteau wrote:Also I am not weird!

Yeah, we'll be the judge of that...
Hammer1972

Postby SoulCircus on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:22 pm

I carry a book with me everywhere so I'm a firm believer in carrying a bag. Mine is this kind of style:

SoulCircus

Location: Drunk and exhausted. Critically acclaimed and respected.

Postby delbert on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Also I am not weird!

Sounds weird to me, not in a sinister murdery type of way, just in a cute OCD way....... :)
delbert

Postby claretandblue82 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Joyeux Marteau wrote:Not sure it counts but I never leave the house without a rucksack, I have a work one and a non work one, there is a difference! Also I am not weird!

The work one contains my lunch, plus two drinks bottles, clean t-shirt (just in case), diary, book antibac hand gel, gloves,mp3 player etc. . .

My other non work bag contains a waterproof, umbrella, suncream (just in case), drinks bottle, antibac hand gel, some plasters etc. . .

never hurts to be prepared. . . .

Not prepared to meet a lady though are you! At least stick a johnny in there and if your really considerate a nail clipper too! 8-)
claretandblue82

Postby 1875Hammer on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:32 pm

Joyeux Marteau wrote:Not sure it counts but I never leave the house without a rucksack, I have a work one and a non work one, there is a difference! Also I am not weird!

The work one contains my lunch, plus two drinks bottles, clean t-shirt (just in case), diary, book antibac hand gel, gloves,mp3 player etc. . .

My other non work bag contains a waterproof, umbrella, suncream (just in case), drinks bottle, antibac hand gel, some plasters etc. . .

never hurts to be prepared. . . .

Is that The Diary of a Wimpy Kid?
1875Hammer

Postby claretandblue82 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:40 pm

What kids consider cool these days!

https://i1.adis.ws/t/jpl/jd_product_lis ... &h=300&v=1
claretandblue82

Postby WHU_Del on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:12 pm

James P wrote:Indiana Jones wears one

So does Jack Bauer.

I also use one. It holds my lunch, umbrella (and a hat, scarf and gloves in winter), wallet, car keys, house keys, glasses case, powerbank and cables, headphones, mini speaker for when I'm at work, a book, notepad, a small bag of medicines (paracetamol, cold & flu capsules, Sinex etc.), a couple of carrier bags in case I buy something too big to fit in the manbag, and a small A-Z, tube map and a train timetable in case I run out of data or the mobile network goes down.
Last edited by WHU_Del on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby Gormalysis on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:17 pm

claretandblue82 wrote:What kids consider cool these days!

https://i1.adis.ws/t/jpl/jd_product_lis ... &h=300&v=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That looks really ****
Gormalysis

Postby Hammersfaniow on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Got this one myself: http://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Mens/Accesso ... 3665-BLACK

Classic look without being chavvy. Practical for stuff I’m carrying rather that bulging pockets with crap. Always acceptable
Hammersfaniow

Postby Mega Ron on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:41 pm

I've had some fabulous bags down the years. Not including Warp's mum.

Reiss do some good ones and have one at the moment that is very nice. I work from home now though so don't need one for files and the laptop anymore.
Mega Ron

Postby southbrishammer on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:08 am

I use a canvas rucksack, allegedly German Army surplus (via Amazon), which I reckon makes me look pretty cool. I don't consider it to be a manbag.

The contents this evening on my way home included:
Empty lunch box
Work shirt (I cycle to and from work, and change at the office)
Used gym kit
Keys, wallet, phone, office ID pass
Child's penguin neck cushion
Child's pink unicorn neck cushion

The latter two items being Christmas presents ordered by Mrs SBH with me as delivery boy. The fact that I can complete this task without the world knowing makes my rucksack extra cool.
southbrishammer

Postby bubbles1966 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:20 am

Monkeybubbles wrote:Is a man bag ever acceptable?

Only in the very large sporting apparel or plastic carrier variety.
bubbles1966

Postby Morocco Mole on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:59 am

Carting a baby around (paraphernalia up the ass) is a valid excuse for a "murse" or suchlike but beyond that even a dandy fellow such as myself struggles with it. My keys are on a long chain (belt loop) and my cash is in a screwed up receipt-mingled mess in my sky rocket. Can't even be ****ed with a wallet. My dad is the only man that looks cool with a man bag and he's 70.
Morocco Mole

Postby Tenbury on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:58 am

Scouse briefcase for me.
Tenbury

Postby RichieRiv on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:58 am

Morocco Mole wrote:Carting a baby around (paraphernalia up the arse) is a valid excuse for a "murse" or suchlike but beyond that even a dandy fellow such as myself struggles with it. My keys are on a long chain (belt loop) and my cash is in a screwed up receipt-mingled mess in my sky rocket. Can't even be ****ed with a wallet. My dad is the only man that looks cool with a man bag and he's 70.
RichieRiv

Postby Joyeux Marteau on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:28 am

Hammer1972 wrote:

Exactly how often are you cutting yourself that you need to bring plasters with you everywhere you go?!

Yeah, we'll be the judge of that...

Not often but I walk everywhere so they are good for blisters and wouldn't you rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it?

claretandblue82 wrote: Not prepared to meet a lady though are you! At least stick a johnny in there and if your really considerate a nail clipper too!

True, but:
a) I have a girlfriend
b) not to great with new people anyway
3) I'm carrying a back pack dude, not a strong look

Is that The Diary of a Wimpy Kid?[/quote]

Quality :thup: It's actually either rulebooks for Warhammer or Frostgrave of Ready Player One, I can't stop reading it! So not sure what would be worse. . .
Joyeux Marteau

Postby RichieRiv on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:40 pm

My day to day work bag is a Mulberry satchel type thing. I carry my laptop in that a long with other pieces of detritus.

My travel bag is a Tumi laptop bag. Again for the aforementioned plus cables, adaptors, notebook and pen.
RichieRiv

Postby sendô on Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Mines a sort of cross between a satchel and record bag. It's mainly used for transporting the umbrella, a book, my lunch and sometimes additional winter attire.
sendô

Postby Hammers Dad on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:45 pm

claretandblue82 wrote:What kids consider cool these days!

https://i1.adis.ws/t/jpl/jd_product_lis ... &h=300&v=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would rather split open my scrotum and store everything in that than wear one of those.
Hammers Dad

Postby kenthammer1984 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:42 am

whilst looking at the previous links, i ended up finding this (someone mentioned tracksuits before).

whilst i wouldn't wear it out, it does look proper comfy

http://www.asos.com/nike/nike-jdi-fleec ... gLbwvD_BwE
kenthammer1984

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug