Manbags

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Manbags

Postby uptonparkhurst on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:49 am

My bags are advertised to last a lifetime - a ridiculous claim, but at 10p a pop I'm not complaining.
uptonparkhurst

Location: On the ground floor, thinking that the "next level" could be the basement

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:40 am

warp wrote:chances are you look like a twat regardless of the manbag, so not much point arguing really.

That's me.

I carry one when traveling abroad where no-one knows me. 8-)
westham,eggyandchips

Postby EastBrisHammer on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 am

My problem with man bags is that everyone I know who has one is an utter twat. That is not to say those here who have one is a twat, just from my own personal experience. A bit like Australians - I've met one nice one in my life and the rest have been arrogant dicks. And I've never met a nice South African...
EastBrisHammer

Postby yonni on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:49 pm

But in paragraph 1 of the "Be Your Own Man" best seller.

It definitely states.........Don't ever carry a girly type bag.

I love the idea that there is a book that can tell you how to be your own man:

Lesson one - don't buy this book, no one can tell you what to do!

Joyeux Marteau I deduce that you are either a medic or the son of a medic and that you live in Gloucester (a waterproof and an umbrella?)
yonni

Postby WHU_Del on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:19 pm

EastBrisHammer wrote: And I've never met a nice South African...

Well that's not bloody surprising, man...
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby RichieRiv on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:27 pm

EastBrisHammer wrote:My problem with man bags is that everyone I know who has one is an utter twat. That is not to say those here who have one is a twat, just from my own personal experience. A bit like Australians - I've met one nice one in my life and the rest have been arrogant dicks. And I've never met a nice South African...

Funny, just got back from Jo'burg. Everyone I worked with was friendly, helpful and accommodating. There was no ego, no big I am and no personal agendas. Compared to the banks I work with in London, I'd take a the South Africans over them every day of the week.
RichieRiv

Postby Joyeux Marteau on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:27 pm

yonni wrote:
Joyeux Marteau I deduce that you are either a medic or the son of a medic and that you live in Gloucester (a waterproof and an umbrella?)

Just had a first aid course years ago and decided I would be prepared for any eventuality!

and not quite Dr Foster is no relative of mine.

I live in Cheltenham!
Joyeux Marteau

Postby Estuary on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:38 pm

Well that's not bloody surprising, man...

'Cause they're a bunch of arrogant bastards with no sense of humour!.
Estuary

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:55 pm

claretandblue82 wrote:What kids consider cool these days!

https://i1.adis.ws/t/jpl/jd_product_lis ... &h=300&v=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Usually used to carry drugs at festivals.
LincolnshireHammer

Postby fmgod on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:06 pm

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Usually used to carry drugs at festivals.

See that's when man bags first come on the scene, it was a sign of a "dealer" not saying that is right but now every tom, dick and harry has one and not just the dealers.
fmgod

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:12 pm

I have to say, I've met plenty of nice South Africans. There's a few helmets among them, but by and large, I've found them to be a kind, hard-working and fun mob.
DasNutNock

Postby WHU Independent on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Got to agree with some and disagree with others on this one:

As per this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU - I've never met a nice South African, but also I've never met a nice Australian. Two countries I don't want to and never want to go to.

File under: aggressive, combative, self-serving, loud, over confident and egotistical - oh and tight.
WHU Independent

Postby NH Hammer on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:07 pm

Gentlemen

A man wears a watch and a wedding ring.

No earrings or man bags.

Wear a jacket that has pockets and put your wallet and car keys in that.

On occasion a Glock 19 in an inside the pants holster for comfort and concealment.

That is all......carry on.
NH Hammer

Postby Hammer1972 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:16 pm

Or, you know, wear whatever the hell you want.
Hammer1972

Postby Coops on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:08 am

If I am working and I need all my **** then I sometimes take a man bag. In the summer I don't have enough pockets for the 2 phones, wallet, keys and glasses that I need.
I always feel like a bit of a dick with it and as soon as the cold weather comes I ditch it for a coat with big pockets.
Coops

Postby EastBrisHammer on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:50 pm

RichieRiv wrote:Funny, just got back from Jo'burg. Everyone I worked with was friendly, helpful and accommodating. There was no ego, no big I am and no personal agendas. Compared to the banks I work with in London, I'd take a the South Africans over them every day of the week.

Yeah, but comparing people to those working in banks in London is not a good comparison. That's like saying Jimmy Tarbuck is a better comedian than Stan Boardman.

Anyway, I imagine its the usual thing that people are generally better in their own country. I've met plenty of Americans here in England and a lot of them have been bellends but in America I've met a lot of decent of people. A bit like the Brits abroad - a lot of them are insufferable - like this old bloke in Poland trying to tell the waiter to tell the chef how to make cook a steak properly (even before he had been served).
EastBrisHammer

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 am

I bought a man bag as I wanted to look stylish like all those men in the adverts but having bought one I discovered I had nothing to put in it .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Monkeybubbles on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:30 pm

Tomos, you've got your dignity, humility, good grace and fair mindedness. Take those, screw them up in a ball, stuff em in the bag, do the zip up proper tight. Then put on your furry Russian hat and comedy greatcoat.
Monkeybubbles

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:Tomos, you've got your dignity, humility, good grace and fair mindedness. Take those, screw them up in a ball, stuff em in the bag, do the zip up proper tight. Then put on your furry Russian hat and comedy greatcoat.

I did have a lovely golden faux fur trapper's hat which my wife hid for fear of seeing me out in , and I once owned a military great coat [ when I was 17 ] however no matter how hard I try , which I'll admit isn't that hard , I can never look smart enough to warrant slinging a manbag over my not insubstantial shoulders .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby vietnammer on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:55 pm

EastBrisHammer wrote: And I've never met a nice South African...

WHU_Del wrote:Well that's not bloody surprising, man...

You forgot 'hey'

Working with Saffers now and they're fine, hey.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug