Urinals

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Urinals

Postby pablo jaye on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:14 pm

Are we talking about those wall mounted affairs or those old Victorian chest high stalls .... the latter for me when I make my piss.
pablo jaye

Postby irongav on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:24 pm

They have made disposable urinals now that you can use in public and just throw away after.....they were being trialed at wembley couple weeks back i believe
irongav

Postby Rocketron on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:54 pm

irongav wrote:They have made disposable urinals now that you can use in public and just throw away after.....they were being trialed at wembley couple weeks back i believe

They used to be called Arsenal fans if my memory serves me well.
Rocketron

Postby preston on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:43 pm

If any of you are up for the Everton or Liverpool aways, visit The Philharmonic pub which isn't too far from the station. The urinals are quite magnificent, I believe they're 'listed' too. Decent selection of ales usually!
preston

Postby vietnammer on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:05 am

only1post wrote:I guess you cant have drank in the Wakefield.

Have visited the paddling pool in the past
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby Puff Daddy on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:15 am

Those Victorian chest high urinals as mentioned by 'Pablo Jaye' are a thing of beauty, almost too beautiful to piss in. The right thing to do is to stand back and just admire them. The best ones were made by Shanks
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:44 am

preston wrote:If any of you are up for the Everton or Liverpool aways, visit The Philharmonic pub which isn't too far from the station. The urinals are quite magnificent, I believe they're 'listed' too. Decent selection of ales usually!

I've been in that pub on my many soirées up to Liverpool to watch us get tonked by either to the two teams. I think it was in that pub (with an Everton mate) that some bloke walked in, head to toe in a shell suit (this was back in the 90s). I turned to my mate and said: "look at that ****. Typical scouser, head to toe in a ****ing shell suit. All that's missing is the perm and tache. I bet he's got my hub caps stuffed inside his jacket".
Turns out the bloke was a West Ham fan from Chadwell Heath and was at the match. The abuse I got from these scousers was merciless. I had a proper go at that twat for dressing like the enemy and making me look like a twat. I thought he was going to burst into tears at one point. Odd thing was, he looked like a white Rio Ferdinand. It was a bizarre evening to say the least.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby pablo jaye on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:02 am

Puff Daddy wrote:Those Victorian chest high urinals as mentioned by 'Pablo Jaye' are a thing of beauty, almost too beautiful to piss in. The right thing to do is to stand back and just admire them. The best ones were made by Shanks

The urinals in the Philharmonic in Liverpool are an exact example of those I was talking about ... I think there are even some toilet blocks with those in that are listed buildings.
pablo jaye

Postby RichieRiv on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:08 am

The Princess Louise in Holborn is another fine example of victorian karsi architecture. Stinks of eurea mind. Last time I used them it was like someone had tear gassed the gaff.

The Wakefield ? They haven't invented a pub trainer that could cope with that piss lake.
RichieRiv

Postby AnthraxDave on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Was down my local last night and some sod had done a turd in the urinal.
I don't understand people sometimes.
AnthraxDave

Postby Row X on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:01 pm

preston wrote:If any of you are up for the Everton or Liverpool aways, visit The Philharmonic pub which isn't too far from the station. The urinals are quite magnificent, I believe they're 'listed' too. Decent selection of ales usually!

We went in the Hotel opposite Stoke station last year, the toilets downstairs are amazing, so much so that we knicknamed the place 'Pissingham Palace'

We were a bit drunk at the time though.
Row X

Postby JerseyHammer on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Make sure you select the correct one using this game

http://www.urinalman.com

:scarfer:
JerseyHammer

Postby DrVenk on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Hate them.

Splash back, stage fright, and sideway peepers are just some of the pitfalls.
DrVenk

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:38 pm

DrVenk wrote:stage fright

Glad I'm not the only one that gets that. Really annoys me.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Clucking Bell on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:06 am

DrVenk wrote:stage fright

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Glad I'm not the only one that gets that. Really annoys me.

That's a young man's problem :D As you get older it's more a case of 'do I need a dump as well' and the danger of 'sharting'
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby The Collector on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:22 am

RichieRiv wrote:The Princess Louise in Holborn is another fine example of victorian karsi architecture. Stinks of eurea mind. Last time I used them it was like someone had tear gassed the gaff.

The Princess Louise has those grills you stand on so that you don’t have to stand in any drips and spillage from other customers. The upstairs gents in the Edward VII in Stratford had a similar set up before it was ripped out.

However, you’ll not find many a better urinal than those found at Rothesay Pier in Scotland
https://goo.gl/images/X1TMdH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Collector

Postby view from the shires on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm

AnthraxDave wrote:Was down my local last night and some sod had done a turd in the urinal.
I don't understand people sometimes.

I think it a local thing (I am from Ledbury originally) and remember the same thing in the Night Owl in Cheltenham. My mate was peeing on said turd in a long single urinal and it was splashing all over the next bloke along to much hilarity rom the pair of us.

We were very, very drunk.
view from the shires

Postby woodgreenspur on Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:04 am

The enterprise in Holborn is worth a visit for the Khazis,so i am led to believe.
Its a video game where as you having a gypsy's,you have to try and knock penguins over as they are skiing.
Not yet participated,but my mate Pat has a record of 9 penguins.Not sure if this is good or not
woodgreenspur

Postby sicknote on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:27 pm

As a qualified plumber , i take a keen interest in all sanitaryware and installations, a bit like an accountant playing suduko (sic), and have seen some mighty fine variations

The most impressive were here

http://m.sirwinston.fr

A terrific old british smoking bar by the arc de triumphe

Anyhow, urinals may be a good invention, and are in fact american originally in the form we know them as flushing, however troughs, like the ones in the old away end at vicarage road, are dated as far as the romans, who can lay claim to most hygenic sanitation, baths basins taps etc etc

As someone who has fitted them and more importantly serviced and maintained them, they are the work of satan

Urine, is one of the strongest human effluents there is and as such, creates all sorts of havoc , for example, if the waste pipe is not falling fast enough, the urine will settle, believe it or not it then dries if not flushed enough, most pubs and restaurants, dont flush away enough, and this creates a build up of a substace tgat is rock solid almost as strong as a brick, that the smell you get from urinals like the old prince of wales behing upton park tube, and to a lesser extent the boleyn pub urinals

A badly fitted and flushed urinal is a costly and unhygienic thing and will stink and never recover from stinking no matter how many of those blus cubes you piss on as a bit of target practice,

The french and italian floor toilets designed for both types of discarding human waste are a far better invention and more hygienic as the solid waste helps disperse the urine waste in the pipes,

Although those stand up squate or however you choose to use european wcs are looked upon as frankly wrong by us brits, but are far from it

Waterless ones i am not convinced on and rely on chemical cleaning, it may save water as is the intention , but cost incured for chemicals to me is counterproductive

And finally the traditional wc as we all know and use in our homes, is the most superior and hygenic style of human toiletry as has ever been invented, its a shame cost of parts and european and uk laws on wasted water, has seen the demise in the syphonic toilet flush as that in wc inventions and design was a work of genius, 99% wcs just use a wash down gravity reliant flush either single or dual
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby last.caress on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 pm

sicknote wrote:the traditional wc as we all know and use in our homes, is the most superior and hygenic style of human toiletry as has ever been invented, its a shame cost of parts and european and uk laws on wasted water, has seen the demise in the syphonic toilet flush as that in wc inventions and design was a work of genius, 99% wcs just use a wash down gravity reliant flush either single or dual

I ****ing detest my toilet. I live in a council house and the council had a big refit of all the toilets/bathrooms in our street a couple of years ago. All very nice and new but they replaced my perfectly functional khazi with my lovely Dudley dual flush which had never given me a problem ever with a "Shires" which almost always takes more than one flush to get rid of a pooh. Half a dozen flushes, on occasion. Sometimes it takes a couple of flushes just to get rid of the toilet paper! I complained but, when they came round they just sort-of looked at it, flushed it a couple of times and said they hadn't had this complaint from anyone else and, insulted by the insinuation that I was making it up for some reason, I told them to get the **** out of my house (this was Mulalley, the people who fitted the thing). It just looks like a badly designed bowl with a deep, tight u-bend.
last.caress
Extreme w*nker

Location: Se incontri L'ultima.carezza, prega per la tua morte.

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug