Having a haircut......

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Having a haircut......

Postby Blow Bubbles on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:25 pm

I hate having my hair cut with a passion. It’s so awkward!

Every 3 months I force myself to get the sides clipped short as for the last year I’ve been growing the top. I can now tie it in a half top knot half small pony tail which I love but the Mrs hates... probably half the reason I love it.

I love how it looks when the sides are freshly done but always leave it far too long due to how socially uncomfortable sitting in that damn chair makes me.
Blow Bubbles

Postby Rowly on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Been going to the same barber every 6 weeks or so for the last 26 years... costs me a tenner including tip!
Rowly

Postby Arnold Layne on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:02 am

Don’t like it.
Been a year now since my last haircut and what with the patchy beard I look like a homeless,I like it,she doesn’t but it’s my head so I can do what I like.
Arnold Layne

Postby Arnold Layne on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:04 am

A blokes haircut should cost no more than £12-inc. tip.
Arnold Layne

Postby Clucking Bell on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:30 am

I had a number one when I took Liz's shilling and it's been that way pretty much ever since. I've grown it out a couple of times but, I noticed a bit of a bald spot when I was in my early thirties so I shaved it off completely.

Unless you can rock an electric-blue mohican, why bother?
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby devonshire flu on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:47 am

Every ten days, off to the Turkish barbers.

Double zero all over, hot towel shave, they set my ears alight, hot wax up the nostrils, head & shoulder massage, they cover me in smelly stuff that I shower straight off before the missus smells it.

£25 and I come out feeling 15 years younger.

If by some miracle my hair grew back, I'd shave it straight back off. Life is easy when you have no hair.
devonshire flu

Postby FreeWheeling on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:48 am

Not had a haircut in over 20 years :thup: :D
FreeWheeling

Postby vietnammer on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:15 am

Dunno if anyone else has noticed, but living in the Midlands and later Yorkshire, there are loads of Kurdish barber shops. Seems to be a trade they go for. Same in London? Even though I have a straight No.5 (up from number 3 before I went spammo) it seems there is a skill to it. I had one bloke left what might have been his younger brother to do it and he was more intent on chatting to his gf and it looked crap (the haircut). The fiver was grudgingly given.

My other half often does my hair with a funny circular thing from Australia (what is it about Aussies and hair products?) and it's great. I just don't have the knack of doing my own. Tried it once and the result was like a white poodle that had been rescued from a fire.

And since we're talking barbers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJBKoSoot8
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Location: Skeleton breath, scorpion blush. I have a crush on your skeleton.

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 am

Couple of Kurds run the barber I go to. Good lads, always good to sort me free hair/beard cuts if I sort them out with a kodi build or whatever. Fair to say they aren’t huge fans of Red Sea Pedestrians, though.
DasNutNock

Postby JerseyHammer on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:31 am

The actual haircut I don't mind, but I don't like the waiting time beforehand. I often put it off till the mrs complaints are worse than going so I just go.

I can be incredibly lazy when it comes to things I don't want to do though. As in, I'd gladly take some sort of meal replacement tablet that contained all neccesary nutrients and calories, rather than cook for myself at times.
JerseyHammer

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:55 am

At the barber now. Meant to open at 9, so got here a bit early so I wouldn’t have to wait. Was already open, 1 guy cutting hair and 3 people already in the queue. FFS.
DasNutNock

Postby hammerdivone on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:59 am

warp wrote:fix dreads' regrowth every couple of months.

a bit of practice and it's not that much of work.
:)

You weren't the "Buffalo soldier" at the Lusitana away game a few years back were you?
hammerdivone

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:18 pm

DasNutNock wrote:At the barber now. Meant to open at 9, so got here a bit early so I wouldn’t have to wait. Was already open, 1 guy cutting hair and 3 people already in the queue. FFS.

All done by 10:15. Not quite certain that I asked him to turn my beard style from "normal" to "wannabe premier league footballer", but should recover in a week or so.
DasNutNock

Postby Eggchaser on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Bought my 1st set of clippers 10 years ago, haven't been to the barbers since.
Minor inconvenience really, only takes 5 minutes.
Eggchaser

Postby WHU Independent on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:05 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Fair to say they aren’t huge fans of Red Sea Pedestrians, though.

Funny that. My barber is a Turkish Muslim but he has a "unique" interpretation of his religion.

Examples:

"I've never been in a ****ing mosque. You'd have to drag me in there kicking and screaming. I hate those places and what's said in them."

"I hate Bengali Muslims. They've got Islam totally wrong and they never ****ing tip."
WHU Independent

Postby pablo jaye on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:16 pm

My hairdresser is a friend and she has a fine rack ... consequently I like having my hair cut, especially when she does the front!!
pablo jaye

Postby Briggsy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Bit of a pain in the arse, for me.

Find some where to park, wait an hour due to 3-4 people in front, finally start getting it chopped off & have to either talk rubbish with the barber, or sit in awkward silence.

Would rather just be bald, if I'm honest!
Briggsy

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Correlation?

"My wife doesn't care about sex"

"I cannot be bothered to get my haircut"

:o
rare as rockinghorse shat

Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Postby wolf359 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 pm

Not my hair cut in a few years, it is now past my shoulders, everyone hates it but I don't care. I'm the only one in my office that has any hair, they are all just jealous I can grow it (and be its original colour) at just shy of 40.
wolf359

Postby orbital on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:35 pm

Pain in the A***, think I have had exactly the same haircut for the last 25 years, not complicated, just finding one that has no one waiting is all I look for don't care what the cost is, although the amount of Turkish barbers cropping up is making it easier, suppose you cant rally audit the amount of people who have had their haircut :wink:
orbital

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug