Having a haircut......

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Having a haircut......

Postby The Sherriff on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:06 pm

It’s a chore, go to a pouncey salon every 4/5weeks for a men’s style and cut. Costs about £30-35

Seems to last longer if I don’t wash it …. So I don’t. Only time my hair gets cleaned is when its cut.

They do head massages after the shampoo stage and serve an array of drinks. I’ve had the same girl cutting my locks for a few years now, she’s good at what she does, cuts it well and she’s quite fit. Had some very ‘in-pure’ thoughts running through my mind when its just been the two of us left in the salon alone!

Did the barbers routine for a while but too much like hairdressing roulette. You can end up with some right dodgy cuts. Stopped going when one the blokes in there asked who cut my hair last time as its wasn’t looking very good and had lost its shape ….. said it was him.

Had my hair long through the nineties, then went a bit shorter. Had the reverse Mohawk before steadying the barnet ship. I’m growing it long again now but won’t get near the levels of yester year. There’s the start of greying temples but I’ve got a thick set so it will continue to get it cut.

Never had it shaved all over and can’t see me ever doing so. Had a undercuts back in the day.

Don’t enjoy the experience but see it as a necessity.
The Sherriff

Postby Chicken Run Supreme on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 pm

At the age of 52 I am fortunate to be blessed with a full head of (greying) hair and apart from a mullet in the 80's, I've always had my hair fairly short and usually have it cut every 5-6 weeks. I don't have a regular barber as such but will generally visit any one of half a dozen or so which are all traditional mens barbers and I would never dream of spending anything that meant I wouldn't get change from a tenner. I never tip either - if a barber wants me to pay £10, then they should charge £10, not £7 or £8 with an expectation I'll say keep the change squire.
Chicken Run Supreme

Postby Vince on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 pm

I'll be 60 in a couple of weeks and still have a decent amount of hair still, albeit now a silver fox.
My mate is a hairdresser, bloke from North London, was the manager at Vidal Sassoon's in San Fran many moons ago before coming to Atlanta and running his own salon. Been having my hair cut my him for over 15 years now. Costs me $ 50, which is the discounted family and friends rate.
When I go there every 5-6 weeks, we talk about our kids,our families, music,football, (he's a Chelsea fan) and I'll have a beer or glass of red wine.
Actually enjoy going.

Postby The Sherriff on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:56 pm

hammerdivone wrote:

I just know him as ginger rasta from Oxford.

Nice bloke.

One of those people who you've seen about for years, exchange pleasantries, make small talk but don't actually know each other's names.

Often wonder who I've actually spoken to off here at games or in pubs.
The Sherriff

Postby iLoveLasagne on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:26 pm

As The sheriff says above.. a trip to the barber shop is a game of chance. In the past 2 year I think there was just one trip which resulted in a good haircut which I was pleased with. My ex had a couple of goes cutting and did a great job considering she was only used to doing women's hair usually. She said she would still cut it but not sure I can trust her with a pair of scissors these days.

Anyway... Can anyone recommend a decent reasonable hair salon in Romford or nearby? I used to go to salons when I had more hair in my 20s and got a consultation but these days I just get a simple cut. My last haircut was a travesty and made me look like a criminal. I have let it grow out now and am ready to let someone else have a go. I will probably prefer a scissors cut as opposed to getting it shaved hence my request for a salon who know what they are doing this time. Help me out guys?

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Warp wrote:and i don't even like reggae!

Are you white?

Return to The Snug