Companies You Won't Use (if you can help it)

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Companies You Won't Use (if you can help it)

Postby hammerdivone on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:48 pm

And another vote for Vodafone.

Cancelled a data sim back in November by writing to them in Newbury. 3 months later get a demand from a debt chasing company. Pay the money (to prevent dodgy credit record) and contact Vodafone via Livechat and get account cancelled. Next month get a bill so go back on Livechat again, promised they'd cancelled the account.

Guess what, I get another bill, so back on Livechat again, apparently they haven't cancelled the account as I have to call, so I called. Yes, it's now cancelled, great I say then confirm it in writing to me, and also that you will amend my credit file as it is now showing as a late payment.

Can't do that sir, we have no facility to write you a letter! Ok, let me talk to someone who can write me a letter.

Escalated to Complaints team who phone me and want to do a conference call with the credit dept, however that dept is shut. So why did you phone me then?

Then they say they will write and confirm the account is closed, but won't change my credit file. Why I ask, because I wrote to cancel and you have to call. I then point in their own T&C's in two places that cancellation must be made IN WRITING giving 30 days notice, which is what I did.

Oh....... can you send a copy of the letter please and we'll investigate.

Waiting for a call back tomorrow to find out the latest **** up by them!!
hammerdivone

Postby FreeWheeling on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:14 pm

another banking one, I had to see 3 people and make an appointment (15 minutes into the future ) to change my address, why can't the **** behind the counter who has the same computer change the ****ing address
Local also has a whole row of the new super cash machines
however there is a huge queue at the one and only one that will accept cheques, 6 other machines doing **** all like the rude bint that is supposed to be helping, but she wont let any ****er go to the counter Oh no, you have to use the machine with the queue
I upset he last week when I went to pay in a cheque and she tried to guide me to the super machine, I told her no, I aint got time for that, I have a proper job to get back to
FreeWheeling

Postby view from the shires on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:59 am

Lloyds Bank are completely incapable of correcting my date of birth to the correct one. For some reason they have a date 3 days later in their system (not even the same month). I was told that then only way to change it was to write a letter to my local branch manager with proof of the correct date and it would be updated. 5 years later and it is still wrong (it was correct at one time).
view from the shires

Postby White Goodman on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Trifecta wrote:
It was the day the five pound notes changed. I tried to pay for a £4.50 magazine with an "old" fiver and the bloke refused to take it, gave me a load of old pony about it not being legal tender. I was in a sarcastic sort of mood and pointed out to him that his lack of customer skills explained why he, as a middle aged man, worked at W.H.Smiths trying to promote family sized bars of Fruit & Nut to the obese (it may have been Dairy Milk that day but I digress).

That's hardly WH Smith's fault. The fat ***** could try just not buying them
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Location: Currently educating John Higgins on the UK Bribery Act

Postby Kev59 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Parcelforce. Managed to destroy a sink I was returning and refused to pay under the insurance as it was a "ceramic" ("which is excluded in para 47 of the agreement, which you'll find at the bottom of page 5") - even though they'd accepted the payment to cover the full cost of replacement.
Kev59

Postby SirStoneyOfBow on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Walmart
Shell
Starbucks
Samsung
Electronic Arts
Papa Johns
Chevrolet
Taco Bell
SirStoneyOfBow

Postby Samba on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:02 am

SirStoneyOfBow wrote:Papa Johns - Last time I ate from these I was shi&&ing for England, afterwards.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Billydinho on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:40 am

Hermes.
Billydinho

Postby mumbles87 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:56 am

hammerdivone wrote:We don't even have a bank branch in our town, they've all closed.

The nearest bank is Lloyds which is 4 miles away, which is no ****ing good as I am with Santander, and the closest one of those is 9 miles away.

Cleverly the Branch Locator gives the distance as the crow flies and says it's 5 miles, lying bastards!

Still at least they've updated their logo to make them more visible

I found the best way to deal with this was to have more than one bank. I have accounts with most high street banks. if I need to go to a bank ill go to the nearest I find then transfer the money to the other bank on my phone

for example my wife was paying in a cheque for me last week I gave her all my cards.. she came across Halifax so cheque went there.. I then just moved the money to where it needed to be

ironically only had to go to the bank because NatWest (where the cheque was from) must be the only bank not signed up to the new pay in cheques over your banking app thing. I paid in one from Barclays to Halifax by taking a photo on the app no issue.. but the NatWest one said sorry this bank isn't signed up to the scheme
mumbles87

Postby Hammer.CA on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:25 am

Billydinho wrote:Hermes.

Try Zovirax
Hammer.CA

Postby Clucking Bell on Wed May 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Apple .... 'cos they're over-priced thieving ***** who make **** that nobody else can fix.

And, a new entry, my ex-employer, Ford Motor Company ...... who announced last week that the only cars they will be selling in North America are the Focus and the Mustang. The buffoon in charge said that this is because the other car lines have limited demand and profitability and that they need to listen to Wall Street.

As if listening to Wall Street ever did any manufacturing company any good at all! It's tempting just to write this off as Ford's once-in-every-twenty-years attempt to commit corporate suicide as t'was ever thus. Like when the business genius of Jac Nasser decided to buy QwikFit and another load of junk with Ford's pensioners money. An idiot rises to the top, does something stupid and it takes fifteen years to sort the problem out. All the competent people retire and they're left with another ****wit in the corner office.

Still, at least I can now buy a Jeep!
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby FloridaHammer on Wed May 02, 2018 2:22 pm

I boycott lots of companies for political/moral reasons. One in particular is Jimmy Johns (sandwich shop) due to their owners penchant for hunting rare animals.
FloridaHammer

Postby SirStoneyOfBow on Sat May 05, 2018 3:06 am

FloridaHammer wrote:I boycott lots of companies for political/moral reasons. One in particular is Jimmy Johns (sandwich shop) due to their owners penchant for hunting rare animals.

I admit to enjoying a Jimmy Johns. :|
I also love Chick-Fil-A even if they’re owned by a family of homophobic bible thumpers. I’m sorry, but those nuggets are outstanding.

However I don’t and won’t eat at Papa Johns because the pizza is **** AND John is a absolute wanksock.

For all I know the owners of McDonalds are Nazis.
SirStoneyOfBow

Postby WHU_Del on Sat May 05, 2018 8:46 am

Clucking Bell wrote:And, a new entry, my ex-employer, Ford Motor Company ...... who announced last week that the only cars they will be selling in North America are the Focus and the Mustang. The buffoon in charge said that this is because the other car lines have limited demand and profitability and that they need to listen to Wall Street.

This definition of 'cars' surely doesn't include pickups as well? Isn't the F-150 the biggest-selling vehicle of any kind in the world?
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Sat May 05, 2018 12:44 pm

As of now, Hermes deliveries.

Mrs.Boots ordered one of Aldi's bicycle maintenance stands (as mentioned in The Snug) and received the email saying it had been dispatched, delivery due Tuesday. We stayed in to not miss it, and zero. She then received an email from Hermes saying 'delivery attempted, see details on card'. No card, no attempt at delivery. Hermes really don't want you to phone them, the best you can do is one of those 'chat to a live person' webby things. Having confirmed our address we were promised delivery the next day.

Same result, no delivery and the same email. Another web chat session went exactly the same. It finally arrived on Thursday with the delivery lady apologising profusely. She said she had had a couple of days off (she was the regular driver) and that the agency lot basically just drive around for the day and take the money, they don't actually deliver anything.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby woodgreenspur on Sat May 05, 2018 3:00 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:As of now, Hermes deliveries.

Mrs.Boots ordered one of Aldi's bicycle maintenance stands (as mentioned in The Snug) and received the email saying it had been dispatched, delivery due Tuesday. We stayed in to not miss it, and zero. She then received an email from Hermes saying 'delivery attempted, see details on card'. No card, no attempt at delivery. Hermes really don't want you to phone them, the best you can do is one of those 'chat to a live person' webby things. Having confirmed our address we were promised delivery the next day.

Same result, no delivery and the same email. Another web chat session went exactly the same. It finally arrived on Thursday with the delivery lady apologising profusely. She said she had had a couple of days off (she was the regular driver) and that the agency lot basically just drive around for the day and take the money, they don't actually deliver anything.

I had that with Yodel.I had ordered something from Littlewoods and paid for next day delivery.
Got an email saying as i wasn't in your parcel had been left in your safe place(i don't have one).
Further "investigation" ,lead to me being told it was left in my porch...I don't have a porch.
2 weeks later i actually got someone on the phone explaining that due to sickness they had used some agency drivers and they weren't very good and don't deliver much when they are working....
woodgreenspur

Postby Clucking Bell on Sat May 05, 2018 9:13 pm

WHU_Del wrote:This definition of 'cars' surely doesn't include pickups as well? Isn't the F-150 the biggest-selling vehicle of any kind in the world?

It doesn't. The F-150 is a truck. As are the Explorer, Expedition and, despite all van-like appearances, so is the Transit.

Basically, they are going to stop selling Fiesta (some sort of logic there, as Yanks don't normally buy anything smaller than a C car), Fusion(Mondeo) and Taurus. The last two are just idiotic decisions: they're just giving up the market to every other manufacturer. I'm sure Mary Barra and whoever this week's boss at Chrysler is were opening bottles of champagne when they read about this.
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby kayahammer on Mon May 07, 2018 2:52 am

kayahammer

Postby WCpete on Thu May 10, 2018 5:22 am

Clucking Bell wrote:This definition of 'cars' surely doesn't include pickups as well? Isn't the F-150 the biggest-selling vehicle of any kind in the world?

It doesn't. The F-150 is a truck. As are the Explorer, Expedition and, despite all van-like appearances, so is the Transit.

Basically, they are going to stop selling Fiesta (some sort of logic there, as Yanks don't normally buy anything smaller than a C car), Fusion(Mondeo) and Taurus. The last two are just idiotic decisions: they're just giving up the market to every other manufacturer. I'm sure Mary Barra and whoever this week's boss at Chrysler is were opening bottles of champagne when they read about this.

The F series are kaput as well, at least in the short term. The plant that manufactures the main components for the F series blew up last week. No parts no pick-ups. That's a giant sh*t sandwich for Ford.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/09/ford-will-halt-all-production-of-its-popular-f-series-pickup.html
WCpete

Postby hadleighhammer on Fri May 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Clucking Bell wrote:And, a new entry, my ex-employer, Ford Motor Company ...... who announced last week that the only cars they will be selling in North America are the Focus and the Mustang.....

Still, at least I can now buy a Jeep!

They will still be selling SUVs as "cars". An Escape or an Edge are more similar to a Jeep than a Fusion or a Fiesta anyway.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug