Companies You Won't Use (if you can help it)

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Companies You Won't Use (if you can help it)

Postby e17 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:24 pm

Budweiser
ITV
The Sun
The Daily Mail
TK Max
Wetherspoons
Any Cadbury products introduced since Kraft bought them - all tastes like yank vomit
VW
Dyson
Virgin
Any of the BBC's scouse obsessed football coverage
e17

Postby hammerdivone on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Amazon are getting very close to being added to this list.

Ordered a new phone on Friday morning for next day delivery.

Had notification it was out for delivery on Friday night, and tracking tells me the Courier had it to be delivered Saturday morning.

As of today, no sign of it. Lies or excuses (I'm still not sure which) from their Customer Service team saying the Courier is blaming "External factors".

Spoken to them three times, each time they have promised it will be 'tomorrow'. I asked them to call the Courier to find out what is going on, apparently they are unable to call, only e-mail!

Current tracking still says delay, but Customer Services say it's out for delivery. Tracking also says "come back Wednesday if you still don't have it and we'll help out".
hammerdivone

Postby stu1 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Sytner BMW in Harold Wood.

I haven’t got long enough to explain how unbelievably useless they were the only time I’ve ever used them.

I will never go back to them for anything, even though it means I have to use Stephen James in Kent.
stu1

Postby ThreeSixes on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:11 pm

e17 wrote:Wetherspoons

Is this because their chief exec is pro-brexit? I haven't had a brunch burger as my lunch-buddy has boycotted them

:cry:
ThreeSixes

Postby EvilC on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:49 pm

hammerdivone wrote:"External factors"

The idea that someone is going to swallow that is incredible. Do courier company have the phone? If the answer is yes, is there a large, scary monster positioned on HDO's driveway? If the answer is no, then there is no reason why they should be unable to deliver the phone.

Frauds.
EvilC

Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...

Postby BalaamBoy on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:22 pm

Can't say I'm overly pro- or anti- certain companies, until such time as they treat me, a customer, as s***. I'm looking at you, Delta, MediaMarkt and Compaq,

Or, when their product quality drops to unacceptable levels - Cadbury's (since the takeover) is a case in point.

Or when their business processes reach levels which I consider to be poor or unethical - Uber, Unilever, Mondelez.
BalaamBoy

Postby hammerdivone on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:37 pm

EvilC wrote:The idea that someone is going to swallow that is incredible. Do courier company have the phone? If the answer is yes, is there a large, scary monster positioned on HDO's driveway? If the answer is no, then there is no reason why they should be unable to deliver the phone.

Frauds.

You're not wrong Evil, they've now come back and said the Courier has lost it despite the status saying 'Out for delivery', and that I will need to re-order. Except now the price has gone up by £12.

Liars and frauds. Lost it my arse!
hammerdivone

Postby Trifecta on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:15 pm

British Heart Foundation charity outlets, Boots, W.H.Smith (actually they have barred me from every outlet, not kept me awake too much), BetFred, Wetherspoons, J Sainsbury and the biggest bunch of shysters and conmen in the history of UK retailing..Comet/P.C.World. If I thought that I could firebomb every one of their stores with their jobsworth staff nailed to the doors and get away with it I would seriously consider where to buy the petrol.
Trifecta
Tip top tipster

Postby EvilC on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:46 pm

hammerdivone wrote:You're not wrong Evil, they've now come back and said the Courier has lost it despite the status saying 'Out for delivery', and that I will need to re-order. Except now the price has gone up by £12.

The idea that you should cough up the £12 for an error by either them or their courier is absurd. **** them.
EvilC

Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...

Postby mushy on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:54 pm

Trifecta wrote:British Heart Foundation charity outlets, Boots, W.H.Smith (actually they have barred me from every outlet, not kept me awake too much), BetFred, Wetherspoons, J Sainsbury and the biggest bunch of shysters and conmen in the history of UK retailing..Comet/P.C.World. If I thought that I could firebomb every one of their stores with their jobsworth staff nailed to the doors and get away with it I would seriously consider where to buy the petrol.

I may have worked out why you have been barred from every store.

Seriously though, what did you do to get a total bar from every single WH Smith?
mushy

Postby wolf359 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Virgin Media are pushing their luck (I'm stuck with them and they know it - BT sucks on my street)

"I'm very sorry to hear about this xxxxxx,

I've had a look into this for you and I can see that the fault (F005851101), concerning a high demand for our service within your area currently has a review set for 17 OCT 2018.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused,

Nat_J"

The 'fault ' is , they have over sold their service and people have the audacity to use I resulting in a terrible peak time experience.
wolf359

Postby WHU_Del on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:39 pm

I'd forgotten about PC World and all their associates (Dixons, Currys, Carphone Warhouse etc.).
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby White Goodman on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 pm

hammerdivone wrote:
You're not wrong Evil, they've now come back and said the Courier has lost it despite the status saying 'Out for delivery', and that I will need to re-order. Except now the price has gone up by £12.

The problem with megalithic firms like Amazon is that you can abuse them on customer review sites, stop doing business with them , whatever you like basically and it makes utterly no difference to their bottom line.

There are very few ways to hurt this sort of firm and none of those are open to the private individual.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Location: Currently educating John Higgins on the UK Bribery Act

Postby White Goodman on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:59 pm

mushy wrote:
Seriously though, what did you do to get a total bar from every single WH Smith?

What I don't understand is how WH Smith in the internet age is still open? They sell pens and print media basically.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Location: Currently educating John Higgins on the UK Bribery Act

Postby hammerdivone on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:11 am

EvilC wrote:The idea that you should cough up the £12 for an error by either them or their courier is absurd. **** them.

Well after much 'discussion' they have credited back the full amount, plus the extra £12 it's costing me to reorder.

They have also over the period of the 'discussions' credited me with £5 + £15 'Promotional Discounts' and a £20 Gift Card. Interestingly their starting point was £3

I'm tempted to keep going to see how much more I can get out of the thieving bastards!
hammerdivone

Postby spod on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Good thread, this.
Uber
McDonalds (I'm vegetarian)
Nando's (ditto, although I've been in loads of times to take the kids to the toilet and they've been so nice about it I might go in and have a veggieburger one day.
Neff. Their Slide and Hide door (the one they have on Bake-Off) exploded in a shower of hot glass. I was in Which? because of it. They couldn't care less.

Funny to see TalkTalk get a few mentions. I've just started work in their head office. The TVs by the lifts have a stream of customer feedback. You've never seen so many unhappy smileys.
spod

Postby Shanghai Hammer on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Hermes, they don't understand the difference between circumference and width (Oh er matron) and have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.
Paypal
Paypal
Paypal
And probably Nissan, firstly as my Qashqai was a pile of poo, and secondly because I still can't spell it without having to google it.
Shanghai Hammer

Postby chigwells finest on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Funny to see TalkTalk get a few mentions. I've just started work in their head office. The TVs by the lifts have a stream of customer feedback. You've never seen so many unhappy smileys

beyond belief how poor the customer service team are ., glad i ditched them , only to be replaced by equally inept Vodaphone and now Virgin mobile
chigwells finest

Postby warp on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:31 pm

spod wrote:McDonalds (I'm vegetarian)

there were rumours they used meat for their burgers. i've never believed it, and turns out those rumours were unfounded.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby smuts on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:51 pm

Add Castle Water to the roll of shame.
smuts

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug