Best reasons for bans from the site

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Best reasons for bans from the site

Postby Samba on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:31 pm

3times wrote:Determined to get round his house and programme the sky box to record all Arsenal games and the Ryder Cup!!

Program a bit of sci-fi stuff as well!
Samba

Postby AnthraxDave on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:45 pm

I remember Di Greekio going off on one about Mussolini or something. Not sure if he got banned, but didn't see him post on here again. Shame. The bloke was genuinely hilarious.
AnthraxDave

Postby Dead Paul on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 pm

AnthraxDave wrote:I remember Di Greekio going off on one about Mussolini or something. Not sure if he got banned, but didn't see him post on here again. Shame. The bloke was genuinely hilarious.

Ah Di Greekio, he was meant to come and stay round mine for a few nights and go to a game with me but it just never materialised.. I always remember his audio clips he'd put up of him singing west ham songs.. so funny in his accent
Dead Paul

Postby Hugh Jargon II on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Romford didnt like firefighters. I always suspected he was unwell but his hatred for me made it difficult. I tried to give him some advice when the taxman came calling. I could see he was most probably a friend or enemy for life type. I was clearly the latter. Hugh Jargon was banned for life. Rom bobby orangehead and one other (who will have remain nameless) really upset me actually. I was no angel but it was pretty grim (especially the lies). It was the hadg dioff affair...and it really kicked off.

I was actually an officer in the fire service and had to protect myself. If my identity was revealed I would have been sacked. No question. I am now retired. I had ptsd from a particular incident. Hugh was my release from the pressures...but he was a bit ****ed up perhaps but in reality an alter ego...a bit like his sister vergania jargon. When it all went wrong I was gutted as I love this site. Now I’m back....but for how long...Pardon?
Hugh Jargon II

Postby Polaroid on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:35 am

Gnome wrote:Please could we leave out the personal comments relating to individual members from this thread.

For present members it has the potential to end up in a slanging match and for past members it's hardly fair when they are not around to defend themselves.

Thanks.

G

That's a very pertinent point Gnome.

The state of "them" shoes though :wink:
Polaroid

Postby Samba on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 am

orbital wrote:Think he came back as Brothernero, but may have left again.

Yes, that was the username that was once linked to Romford.
Hmm. I joined 3/4/17, Romf's last post was 7/4/17. I'm sure that the two things are unrelated..
Bruv is still on here posting, orbi.
I'm interested why you think they are one & the same.
Samba

Postby BalaamBoy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:43 am

I've never really got into a heavy argument on here, and a I've certainly never come close to receiving a ban (or reprimand).

I think that's basically because

a) I really can't be bothered to argue - life's too short, and
b) I'm essentially quite dull

I do read and watch as arguments develop, in a slightly voyeuristic way, amazed at how wound up people can get. I can't think of many subjects that would illicit this response in me, except the rumour that we were going to buy el Hadji Diouf (and even then someone called me out, weird !!?)

I miss the big fella. Yes he was very opinionated, but his knowledge and love of our team was exceptional, and he has a heart of gold, really.
BalaamBoy

Postby GPP on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:41 pm

I was never banned officially (I don’t think).

I received an indetermined suspension in 2013 for suggesting UTJ sounded like an apologist for board (with regard to a particular post he made). Looking back it was regretful, though at the time I couldn’t see UTJ’s issue. His position was that the suspension would be lifted if I apologised. We exchanged a number of emails putting across our points of view but ultimately I refused to apologise and therefore the suspension remained.

I remained a lurker for a good number of years before emailing UTJ to apologise at the beginning of the 2016/17 season. I didn’t receive a response so assumed the ban had been made permanent.

I cannot remember the trigger now, but after 5 years I signed up under a different username in Jan this year. I used an email address and a username that could easily be recognised thinking if the ban remained I’d be spotted. I’ve no idea if it was and UTJ has let bygones be bygones or whether this post will see a ban imposed. I hope not, but should it, I’ll take it on the chin and go back to lurking.

Oddly enough my posting frequency now is minuscule compared to what it was in the old days (was here long enough ago to remember when RARS and DL had their old names, CD’s every post was fornicating over old saggy face, and dear Major (the ****) was entertaining us all. I think it’s a shame the transfer window thread no longer has any mention of “it’s part of the Carrick deal”

I feel like I’ve just been to my first AA meeting!

GPP :crest:
GPP

Postby Upminster Hammer on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:58 pm

GPP wrote:I was never banned officially (I don’t think).

I received an indetermined suspension in 2013 for suggesting UTJ sounded like an apologist for board (with regard to a particular post he made). Looking back it was regretful, though at the time I couldn’t see UTJ’s issue. His position was that the suspension would be lifted if I apologised. We exchanged a number of emails putting across our points of view but ultimately I refused to apologise and therefore the suspension remained.

I remained a lurker for a good number of years before emailing UTJ to apologise at the beginning of the 2016/17 season. I didn’t receive a response so assumed the ban had been made permanent.

I cannot remember the trigger now, but after 5 years I signed up under a different username in Jan this year. I used an email address and a username that could easily be recognised thinking if the ban remained I’d be spotted. I’ve no idea if it was and UTJ has let bygones be bygones or whether this post will see a ban imposed. I hope not, but should it, I’ll take it on the chin and go back to lurking.

Oddly enough my posting frequency now is minuscule compared to what it was in the old days (was here long enough ago to remember when RARS and DL had their old names, CD’s every post was fornicating over old saggy face, and dear Major (the ****) was entertaining us all. I think it’s a shame the transfer window thread no longer has any mention of “it’s part of the Carrick deal”

Are you the guy that got Zola4Ever or whatever his name was a signed program?
Upminster Hammer

Postby whuben on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:13 pm

GPP wrote:I was never banned officially (I don’t think).

Gidea Park???
whuben

Postby GPP on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:37 pm

No to both
GPP

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:56 pm

GPP wrote:Oddly enough my posting frequency now is minuscule compared to what it was in the old days (was here long enough ago to remember when RARS and DL had their old names,

I've only ever had this logon mate :)
rare as rockinghorse shat

Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Postby GPP on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Probably thinking of DG, or Kronic and his alter ego(s?) my apologies. Getting on a bit now, and it’s friday.
GPP

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:26 pm

whuben wrote:

Gidea Park???

GPH = Sweeney Bod. Not seen him round these parts for a while.
Cockneyboy311

Postby brothernero on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:38 pm

orbital wrote:Think he came back as Brothernero, but may have left again.

No, I'm not Romford. seems a fair few on here think that and I have no idea why. Perhaps once and for all UTJ or another Mod can confirm it.

PS, No issue with the member Romford, never met him or chatted to him on here.
brothernero

Postby The Collector on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:47 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:I'm way too nice to get banned .

I did have a thread I started removed without an explanation given - I'd been out all day and when I got back the thread had disappeared , nothing to do with me .

It's just common sense really isn't it - don't upset folk for no reason and you should be fine .

As for Romford , never met him but he came across as a passionate West Ham fan and football in general but when he got bored he'd go after certain groups of people , Science Fiction fans in particular and he deliberately upset quite a few - I was on holiday when he got banned or away doing something .

I hope he's ok .

If you pop down for a game next season then there is a pub I sometimes frequent post game where you might have the opportunity to ask him.

And, yeah, you probably are too nice to get banned. You are going to have to try much harder. :twisted:
The Collector

Postby warp on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 pm

i got warned a couple of times on the same issue by two different mods for taking the piss out of a massive troll, and for baiting him back (oooh yes he bit!).

i kind of miss him, in a way.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby NT Hammer on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:43 am

I was a member for about a year in & around 2005 forgot my password couldn’t log in so became a lurker for 12 years just recently re-signed up
NT Hammer

Postby Monkeybubbles on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:46 am

NT Hammer wrote:I was a member for about a year in & around 2005 forgot my password couldn’t log in so became a lurker for 12 years just recently re-signed up

Not the very best reason, if I'm honest.
Monkeybubbles

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:05 am

The Collector wrote:

If you pop down for a game next season then there is a pub I sometimes frequent post game where you might have the opportunity to ask him.

And, yeah, you probably are too nice to get banned. You are going to have to try much harder. :twisted:

I look forward to that - not necessarily meeting Romford but going to a game with your good self [ seeing as you have a grandstand view :) ] .

p.s. You'd better hurry up getting yourselves up here , summer is about to come to an end - remember that scarred leg of mine , well it healed up ok only for the scar tissue to get sunburnt during our first week of sunshine , it bubbled up and burst open so the bandages had to go back on .
The Old Man of Storr

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug