Contactless cards

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Contactless cards

Postby sendô on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:20 pm

BILR, you do know that with most banks if you lose a card you can cancel it instantly via the banks app or online banking?

I honestly don't see the big deal with contactless. You lose a card and run the risk of someone running up a bill. Well don't lose it then. It's the same if you lose your whole wallet - you lose your cash. Lose your phone? You have to pay out for a replacement.
sendô

Postby Bend it like Repka on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:05 pm

sendô wrote:I honestly don't see the big deal with contactless. You lose a card and run the risk of someone running up a bill. Well don't lose it then.

Well don't lose it then?

That's a rather smug and churlish attitude isn't it?

I've not lost a card in 30 years. Unfortunately I don't live in a perfect world so I finally ****ed up.

You didn't used to get cheque books with automatically pre filled signatures did you? Just to save you the hassle of picking up a pen.....
Bend it like Repka

Postby sendô on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Alright big lug keep your hair on.

I was just making the point that it seems silly to regress an advance in technology that has helped to streamline people's every day lives because you might lose a few quid once every 30 years.
sendô

Postby 3 Hopes on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:28 pm

I lost my wallet the other day and my credit card was used a few times before i could cancel it on the mobile app (was asleep). All refunded the next day.

Had about 40 pounds in the wallet that i'll never see again so luckily i wasn't carrying around more.

If you are worried about losing money, carrying a lot of cash is not the way to go in my experience.
3 Hopes

Previous

Return to The Snug