The Lunch Thread

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

The Lunch Thread

Postby Denzil on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Sorry CH, I am going to steal your idea however this is my favourite meal of the day and I love a bit of inspiration from others on here for food ideas!

Anyway today will be a chicken katsu wrap from Fenchurch Street street food market.

Breadcrumbed chicken, salad, extra chilli's, hummus, extra homemade hot chilli sauce. Handsome.

Perfect stomach liner for later
Denzil

Re: The Lunch Thread

Postby HalfTimePie on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:13 pm

I prep my lunches but forgot it this morning so went into Leadenhall Market after the gym for a naked burrito. Never go wrong in there :)
HalfTimePie

Postby dodgy dave on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:48 pm

£3.00 Tesco meal deal
dodgy dave

Postby bondsbootlaces on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:51 pm

2 steamed buns from Bunco that has recently opened by Monument. 1 fried chicken and 1 duck confit. Glorious they was I will be returning!
bondsbootlaces

Postby Denzil on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:14 pm

One of my favourite sandwiches but most will find it very very dull.

Cheese (grated), salad and salad cream on brown bread with pepper. The daft bint forgot to put salad cream on though so lunch was ruined today.

Will check out Bunco

Any other city folk on here, download an app called 'City Munch'. Gives daily deals between 20% - 30% off of a lot of lunch places in London.
Denzil

Postby bondsbootlaces on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Denzil wrote:One of my favourite sandwiches but most will find it very very dull.

Cheese (grated), salad and salad cream on brown bread with pepper. The daft bint forgot to put salad cream on though so lunch was ruined today.

Will check out Bunco

Any other city folk on here, download an app called 'City Munch'. Gives daily deals between 20% - 30% off of a lot of lunch places in London.

I highly recommend it, going to try the other options on my next visit too, I think there are 6 different fillings so a good variety compared to most places.

I hadn't heard of that app but will be downloading ASAP.
bondsbootlaces

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Anyone who works near Fleet Street, Ludgate Circus, Blackfriars etc, check out Casella on Salisbury Court

A very very good old-skool Portugese-owned sandwich shop/ cafe
Crouchend_Hammer

Return to The Snug