For fans BY fans

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

For fans BY fans

Postby John. Norway on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Regarding this on another forum;

http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat ... 61119||1||

I know a story always have two sides and all this, but if this is true then this is disappointing.

I have been on this forum for quite a while, and the reason I first attended was to get to know other supporters of this magnificent club that I`ve been in love with since the cup final in 1980.

I have written here before, and I have had lots laughing about my english and my grammar, but hey- my english is probably better than your norwegian anyway :lol:

What I always have loved about being here is that I have got info about away games. I have got on coaches, ans I have got on boats together with fellow fans ans West Ham lunatics over the years.

I have met lots of absolutely amazing people through this forum. Made friends for life. But if this is true, that this forum has started to charge fellow fans who wants to do things for other fans, then I am really disappointed.

That in mind; I am norwegian, and I might have misunderstood something here.
John. Norway

Re: For fans BY fans

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:06 pm

So you've posted a link from another forum where they are slagging off this forum?

Can I ask what exactly you hope to achieve by doing this?
somerset-hammer

Postby Kialos on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:09 pm

That's a shame. Couldn't the posts just go on the travel section as a compromise?
Kialos

Postby John. Norway on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:11 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:So you've posted a link from another forum where they are slagging off this forum?

Can I ask what exactly you hope to achieve by doing this?

I`m just asking a question here mate. As I said above I know every side has at least two sides to it. I have been a member here since day one, and O have my reasons for it. Just wanted to clearify if this was true or not?
John. Norway

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:14 pm

I understand that John, perhaps a private message to UTJ, may have been a better idea.
somerset-hammer

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:17 pm

KUMB.com charges a fee to any profit-making business entity that wishes to advertise here.

It's how this website funds itself.

With regards to Hornchurch Travel, previously we allowed this particular company to advertise on here FOC as our former moderator, Romford, was involved with them.

Now that's no longer the case, they are being asked to pay for advertising like everyone else.

:thup:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby John. Norway on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:17 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:I understand that John, perhaps a private message to UTJ, may have been a better idea.

Might be mate- feel I just asked a legitimate question here. I reckon I`m not the only one being on more than one fan forum around here....
John. Norway

Postby Kialos on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Well the gist seems to be that KUMB have told Hornchurch Coach they are being treated as a business advertising so they must pay to post travel information to away games.

Perhaps John could take out the actual link?
Kialos

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Kialos wrote:Well the gist seems to be that KUMB have told Hornchurch Coach they are being treated as a business advertising so they must pay to post travel information to away games.

Perhaps John could take out the actual link?

somerset-hammer

Postby John. Norway on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Up the Junction wrote:This forum charges a fee to any profit-making business entity that wishes to advertise here.

It's how this website funds itself.

With regards to Hornchurch Travel, previously we allowed this particular company to advertise on here FOC as our former moderator, Romford, was involved with them.

Now that's no longer the case, they are being asked to pay for advertising like everyone else.

Is Honchurch Travel a business though? I thought that was for fans by fans mate? Same with the boats- I know you need to get money from somewhere, but fans for fans stuff I thought always was for free in these forums?
John. Norway

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:31 pm

John. Norway wrote:I know you need to get money from somewhere, but fans for fans stuff I thought always was for free in these forums?

Any profit-making concern is considered a business.

This platform costs money to run. Servers and bandwidth need to be paid for.

It's not unreasonable to ask those who profit from its use to contribute to those costs. :thup:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby John. Norway on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:39 pm

I`m a member of quite a few forums here and in Norway and I`ve never heard of fans`coaches being charged for advertising for coaches for other fans?

I might be wrong though....

Anyway; I`ve met a lot of friends through these coaches and also the boats and imho I would hope that these things by fans for fans should be for free on these forums.
John. Norway

Postby Kialos on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:27 pm

I absolutely accept that the site owner runs KUMB as they see fit and this is my last post on the subject but I just think it's unfortunate that the decision is likely to cause a lot of ill feeling just when it looked like the fans were getting together again.

I know from personal experience that the guys who run the coaches have on many occasions stepped in to assist fellow Hammers at away games both here and abroad.

I think safe and reliable transport to away games is a great benefit to fans, especially as the club coaches are just not as convenient as they used to be and I think it could encourage people to come in to KUMB.

I don't think they are a business in the same way as say a betting firm is, the guys that run it might get free travel but I don't think there's much more in it for them?
Kialos

Postby Ben on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm

Reading that was like the first time I read a Southampton forum and saw how much they hate West Ham!
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby John. Norway on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:42 pm

Kialos wrote:I absolutely accept that the site owner runs KUMB as they see fit and this is my last post on the subject but I just think it's unfortunate that the decision is likely to cause a lot of ill feeling just when it looked like the fans were getting together again.

I know from personal experience that the guys who run the coaches have on many occasions stepped in to assist fellow Hammers at away games both here and abroad.

I think safe and reliable transport to away games is a great benefit to fans, especially as the club coaches are just not as convenient as they used to be and I think it could encourage people to come in to KUMB.

I don't think they are a business in the same way as say a betting firm is, the guys that run it might get free travel but I don't think there's much more in it for them?

Just my thoughts as well :thup:
John. Norway

Postby ChzMff on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Are members charged when advertising their business on the tradesman entrance forum?
ChzMff

Postby Jedi Al Khalaas on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:09 am

Lot of bitterness on that forum
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:13 am

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote:Lot of bitterness on that forum

When I first visited WHO I thought that. Its like there is a competition as to who can be the most offensive.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby davids cross on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 am

RBshorty 7:27 Mon Jul 16
Ain’t cheap buying all that corduroy.

He says it like it's a bad thing......

/|>
/\
davids cross

Postby Ben on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:07 am

davids cross wrote:[i]
He says it like it's a bad thing......

/|>
/\

looking good Dave!
who doesn't love hearing that vrrm vrrm sound when walking in corduroy!
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Next

Return to The Snug