Conspiracy theories unexplained

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Conspiracy theory's

Postby Samba on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 am

Harry Hound wrote:There's credible evidence that the Lusitania was allowed to be attacked and sunk to encourage the US to retaliate and join WW1.

Hmm. Although anything is possible, if it happened, it didn't have the desired effect. The Lusitania was sunk by a German U-boat in May 1915 but the US didn't declare war on Germany, until April 1917 & US troops only began arriving on the Western Front in large numbers, in 1918.
Also, the Lusitania wasn't an American ship, it was British. Of the 1,198 souls who died, only 128 were American citizens.
It just seems a bit unlikely, HH.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby last.caress on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:02 am

last.caress
Extreme w*nker

Location: Se incontri L'ultima.carezza, prega per la tua morte.

Postby Harry Hound on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:18 am

Samba wrote:"Harry Hound"There's credible evidence that the Lusitania was allowed to be attacked and sunk to encourage the US to retaliate and join WW1.
Hmm. Although anything is possible, if it happened, it didn't have the desired effect. The Lusitania was sunk by a German U-boat in May 1915 but the US didn't declare war on Germany, until April 1917 & US troops only began arriving on the Western Front in large numbers, in 1918.
Also, the Lusitania wasn't an American ship, it was British. Of the 1,198 souls who died, only 128 were American citizens.
It just seems a bit unlikely, HH.

Maybe so but there's a lot of controversy surrounding this incident and it does appear there's hard evidence that the good people of the the US and UK were not told the truth. I was just using this incident as an example of our governments' version of major events not adding up.

Harry Hound

Location: "just a came from nowhere and going straight back there!"

Postby Tenbury on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:58 am

last.caress wrote:Paul McCartney is dead.

More recently he appears to have been embalmed.
Tenbury

Postby view from the shires on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am

The plane that crashed in the mountains on 9/11 was shot down by the US military (but they are hardly going to admit it). The debris is spread over far too large an area for it not to have broken up in the air. It also went down where the chance of witnesses and ground casualties was lowest.
view from the shires

Postby sendô on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:57 am

Harry Hound wrote:Never believed that from the day it happened, the idea that passengers received info of the other planes crashing into the WTC on their mobile phones just doesn't sound credible and the SOP's at the time were to comply with the hostage takers / terrorists (a bit like the "stay put policy" for Grenfell).

It's always struck me as a typical american propaganda story, a plane load of John McClane trying to save the day.

Not sure I agree on the Grenfell comparison mind, two completely different animals.
sendô

Postby Samba on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Harry Hound wrote:Maybe so but there's a lot of controversy surrounding this incident and it does appear there's hard evidence that the good people of the the US and UK were not told the truth. I was just using this incident as an example of our governments' version of major events not adding up.

I know you were, mate. I certainly wouldn't put anything past, any government.
Regarding the Lusitania, at the time & after World War I, successive British governments maintained that there were no munitions on board Lusitania, and therefore the Germans were not justified in treating the ship as a naval vessel. In 1982, the head of the British Foreign Office's North America department finally admitted 'that there is a large amount of ammunition in the wreck, some of which is highly dangerous and poses a safety risk to salvage teams'.
Samba

Postby Samba on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Harry Hound wrote:Never believed that from the day it happened, the idea that passengers received info of the other planes crashing into the WTC on their mobile phones just doesn't sound credible and the SOP's at the time were to comply with the hostage takers / terrorists (a bit like the "stay put policy" for Grenfell).

sendô wrote:It's always struck me as a typical american propaganda story, a plane load of John McClane trying to save the day.

The thing is though, the official version of what happened on United 93, was possible. The timelines, the use of airfones, the use of mobiles (altitude permitting), was all possible, at that time.
Certainly pre 9/11, no one being highjacked would have thought of anything other than staying in their seat. However, if word had got through somehow that you probably weren't going to see another day, well, you would have nothing left to lose by storming the highjackers.
The 'supposed' phone calls, voicemails left, black box info, are all pretty convincing, in many ways.
It all being part of a massive conspiracy, slightly less so.
Again, not that I don't believe that any government wouldn't be prepared to sacrifice 3000 of it's own citizens, if it really felt it needed to. I think all those double negatives, make sense :D
Samba

Postby brownout on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:03 pm

JFK – Definitely not the work of a lone gunman. Maybe the CIA.
Diana – Unsure
David Kelly (weapons inspector not the footballer who kept falling over) – Definitely murdered
Moon Landings – They happened, no conspiracy
9/11 – We weren’t told the whole story. No way did they find the hijackers passports in the wreckage. Some people knew about it but didn’t stop it. And WTC7 was controlled explosion.
7/7 – No conspiracy
Global Warming & man made climate change – Definitely happening.
National reserve of steam locomotives in siding off Box Tunnel for use in time of national crisis - Not true
brownout

Postby Samba on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 pm

brownout wrote:JFK – Definitely not the work of a lone gunman. Maybe the CIA.
Diana – Unsure
David Kelly (weapons inspector not the footballer who kept falling over) – Definitely murdered
Moon Landings – They happened, no conspiracy
9/11 – We weren’t told the whole story. No way did they find the hijackers passports in the wreckage. Some people knew about it but didn’t stop it. And WTC7 was controlled explosion.
7/7 – No conspiracy
Global Warming & man made climate change – Definitely happening.
National reserve of steam locomotives in siding off Box Tunnel for use in time of national crisis - Not true

JFK - I thought the JFK: The Smoking Gun theory was very compelling.
David Kelly - You can't believe that Dr Kelly cut his own wrist with a stick of celery???
Samba

Postby cockney hammer on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:05 am

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Postby cockney hammer on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:06 am

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Postby cockney hammer on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:07 am

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Postby cockney hammer on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:08 am

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Postby cockney hammer on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:12 am

do not know if you guys are intrested but i listen to loads of unexplaind podcaste these sre the best three imho howard huges has a great show on talk radio 10 pm sunday nights

http://theunexplained.tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.gralienreport.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://beyondrealityradio.com/past-shows/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

give them ago steve
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Postby Samba on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Cheers for those posts, Steve.
Very interesting stuff. :thup:
Samba

Postby cockney hammer on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Samba wrote:Cheers for those posts, Steve.
Very interesting stuff. :thup:

as i said the podcasts are well worth a listen more so the radio show
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:43 pm

I just listened to The Flat Earth Society guy , Mark Sargent talking to Howard Hughes - very enjoyable - I'm a sucker for these type of conspiracies -
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Gerblatz on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Gerblatz

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Gerblatz wrote:https://m.cda.pl/video/1494954af?wersja=1080p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Something I've thought on for ages is what is mentioned there - solving the world's hunger problems .

Is it Capitalism that prevents us from sorting out the Third World's Hunger and Poverty problems ? - we certainly have the capability to sort it out but not the inclination - Capitalism relies on keeping weaker nations weak . It's no coincidence that Libya went from being Africa's richest state to a failed state after Nato's intervention .
The Old Man of Storr

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug