Conspiracy theories unexplained

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Conspiracy theories

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:56 am

What is mad is how the vast majority of people think that 2 jet airliners could bring down two skyscrapers in that fashion.

Just not possible...
NorthBankAlliance

Postby sendô on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:31 am

NorthBankAlliance wrote:What is mad is how the vast majority of people think that 2 jet airliners could bring down two skyscrapers in that fashion.

Just not possible...

Which part?
sendô

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:04 pm

How both of those buildings can fall from top to bottom as straight as they did, without some sort of controlled demotion is mental, unheard of even...
NorthBankAlliance

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Throw in World Trade Center 7 falling without resistance, whilst not being ablaze at all...
NorthBankAlliance

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:20 pm

^^^^

You do realise how big those planes were don't you? And how much fuel they would have had on board? Plus it's not as if they fell down straight away.
Cockneyboy311

Postby fjthegrey on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Far more likely that literally hundreds of western, psychologically healthy people became overnight psychopaths and helped facilitate these buildings being levelled and subsequently all kept it quiet to a man thereafter, for pretty much no reason at all.
fjthegrey

Postby view from the shires on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:31 pm

NorthBankAlliance wrote:What is mad is how the vast majority of people think that 2 jet airliners could bring down two skyscrapers in that fashion.

Just not possible...

What force is required to collapse a building in a controlled explosion? I don't know the answer, but 200 tonnes of aircraft at 250mph(?) is a pretty big force.
view from the shires

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:36 pm

So for those buildings to be brought down by controlled explosion, when do people think the explosives were planted? Several years before, just before and the planes were part of the plot, or as a response to reduce the damage from the towers falling? If the first or second, why? Planting them to bring them down and reduce damage can probably be discounted, though I could understand the logic of doing it.

If the idea was to stage an "attack" as an excuse to invade Afghanistan something far less destructive could have been staged.

As to the plane supposedly brought down by passengers, far more believable that the US airforce shot it down - wouldn't need many people to know.
Hampshire Hammer

Re: Conspiracy theory's

Postby view from the shires on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:39 pm

brownout wrote:Global Warming & man made climate change – Definitely happening.

If true how many Range Rovers were involved in ending the last Ice Age? Or the ones before that.

Global Temperature will always fluctuate throughout the ages. Here in the UK we range between frozen solid and a Mediterranean climate. It is a handy way of raising tax revenue though.
view from the shires

Postby S-H on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:53 pm

With regard to WTC7 that definitely looks like it came down in a controlled manner, is it not possible that it did indeed sustain heavy structural damage, during the collapse of WCT1 WTC2, that they commissioned a controlled demolition, to prevent it falling outside of its foundations and creating even more damage to other buildings in the process, purely for safety reasons? Would it have been possible to do this in the time line of events? If so why wouldn't they admit that, as it would be a perfectly reasonable explanation, that wouldn't raise suspicion?

Maybe I've just answered my own questions.

Debunked!

:D
S-H

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:14 pm

view from the shires wrote:What force is required to collapse a building in a controlled explosion? I don't know the answer, but 200 tonnes of aircraft at 250mph(?) is a pretty big force.

They were built to withstand the force of an aircraft hitting them, a B-52 ploughed into the Empire State Building for example & that didn't collapse...

They put it down to the fires weakening the steel structure, but plenty of high rises have had larger & more widespread fires without collapsing...
NorthBankAlliance

Postby sendô on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:23 pm

People think steel beams are unmeltable, but I can tell you as an engineer they very much aren't.

There wont be a single building (that is properly built, so not a Grenfell) where the beams will be bare, and not clad in some sort of fire resistant boarding or else intumescent paint that helps protect the steel from the heat of a potential fire and thus from twisting, buckling or else giving way under the weight of the building.

Given the way the planes wiped half the floor plates out, and given the amount of burning jet fuel, it wouldn't have taken long for this protection to burn away and exposing the beams to the heat. Once they reach a point where they start to twist, then it's just the weight of the 15 to 30 storeys or whatever it was above hitting the floors below, and once that starts there's no stopping it.
sendô

Postby warp on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:35 pm

^ that's plausible, but show me some equations!

warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Global warming makes me laugh..

Hottest Summer on record...

chuffing records only go back about 100 years maximum....

How old is the earth ? Trouble is in American schools they never learn about anything over about 150 years ago..

ask any high school or college kid about the ice age, the iron age, the stone age, the bronze age and they look at you like they are mental..

has the world warmed up due to there being many many more people on it now than when the ice age came around ? my guess would be yes. would those people have warmed the earth merely by being here, I would guess yes.

but Shirley all that extra CO2 will be healthy for plants and trees no ?

:?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby view from the shires on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:23 pm

NorthBankAlliance wrote:
They were built to withstand the force of an aircraft hitting them, a B-52 ploughed into the Empire State Building for example & that didn't collapse...

They put it down to the fires weakening the steel structure, but plenty of high rises have had larger & more widespread fires without collapsing...

Makes perfect sense then. In a fire wooden framed buildings will smoulder for ages before collapsing. Steel framed buildings get to a certain temperature and then just go.

As an addendum:- all the Chinese steel currently being used to put up buildings in London now has to be x-rayed as the Chinese have been chucking any old crap in the smelter, and their steel is rubbish. I wonder how many buildings (or athletics stadiums) were built before anyone realised.
view from the shires

Postby prophet:marginal on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:34 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:

CO2 is slightly acidic, on the pH scale, so more of it in the climate, as opposed to trapped underground, the more acidic the environment.

CO2 is also more retentive of heat than other gases in the environment, meaning that, when you take both things together, our oceans are all more acidic and warmer.

Large amounts of different fauna in the sea cannot reproduce, if the temperature increases and remains at the higher rate; hence the bleaching of large areas of coral reef, the extinction of plants and the knock on effect on the entire food chain.

All brought to you via Google translate, I must admit, from a Chinese (hoax) website.

There are after all conspiracies about conspiracies.
prophet:marginal

Postby HalfTimePie on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:41 pm

I advise all 9/11 conspiracists to go and watch the South Park episode 'Mystery of the Urinal Deuce'. It will explain all you need to know. (And it's hilarious)

But seriously....

It was terrorists, the jet fuel melting the beams conspiracy was proven wasn't it? Few videos online of how it not melted the beams but effectively made them act like rubber and go all bendy (I do not know the technical term for bendy).
HalfTimePie

Postby view from the shires on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:00 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Global warming makes me laugh..

Hottest Summer on record...

chuffing records only go back about 100 years maximum....

How old is the earth ? Trouble is in American schools they never learn about anything over about 150 years ago..

ask any high school or college kid about the ice age, the iron age, the stone age, the bronze age and they look at you like they are mental..

has the world warmed up due to there being many many more people on it now than when the ice age came around ? my guess would be yes. would those people have warmed the earth merely by being here, I would guess yes.

Urbanisation also contributes to increasing temperatures. Concrete and Tarmac is warmer than good old countryside. It is why weather forecasts advise frosts for rural areas when towns and cities remain frost free.

Where is all this CO2 anyway? We have a shortage in the UK and it is affecting the availability of fizzy drinks.
view from the shires

Postby sendô on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:16 pm

warp wrote:^ that's plausible, but show me some equations!

If I was a structural engineer, I could probably write a paper on it to get a masters degree, but alas I'm not so the above is about as technical as I'm willing or probably able to go.
sendô

Postby Shanghai Hammer on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:40 pm

sendô wrote:People think steel beams are unmeltable, but I can tell you as an engineer they very much aren't.

There wont be a single building (that is properly built, so not a Grenfell) where the beams will be bare, and not clad in some sort of fire resistant boarding or else intumescent paint that helps protect the steel from the heat of a potential fire and thus from twisting, buckling or else giving way under the weight of the building.

Given the way the planes wiped half the floor plates out, and given the amount of burning jet fuel, it wouldn't have taken long for this protection to burn away and exposing the beams to the heat. Once they reach a point where they start to twist, then it's just the weight of the 15 to 30 storeys or whatever it was above hitting the floors below, and once that starts there's no stopping it.

Almost entirely correct. I'm a chartered engineer and used to be a practicing structural engineer so I know a little about this stuff. I also read the engineers report for the twin towers collapse a few years ago and it really is a dull and tedious read. The difference between this and previous high rise fires is that the fire protection to the steel beams would have lost all of its effectiveness due to the impact of the planes when much of the protection will have been damaged leaving the beams exposed to the heat. These buildings are really designed to minimise the amount of steel and hence weight and so it doesn't need to lose a lot of its strength to all come crashing round.

I never have understood the theory of controlled demolition. If they were looking for a reason to invade Afghanistan then three planes crashing into buildings would have been enough in any case without making them collapse.
Shanghai Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug