Free MOT

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Free MOT

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:19 pm

I'd love to know how many people taking advantage of this free offer will actually get their cars through with no problems whatsoever.

If it wasn't for the fact that Halfords seem to have run most of the independents out of business, I wouldn't go anywhere near them. If I could find a small shop somewhere local to me, I'd even be happy to pay out a few more bob to support them. They really have killed off the little man.
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby Tenbury on Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Luckily I've got a couple of mates that own MOT stations, but thoroughly recommend anyone not so lucky to find their nearest council MOT place(there are lots around) and although not many realise it they are open to the public , they don't, however, do repairs, so they won't go looking for work.
Tenbury

Postby JerseyHammer on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:04 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote: it still needs tax and insurance and be kept in a reasonable condition but no MOT required , I always thought your car insurance was invalid without an MOT but not on Raasay apparently .

Same as Jersey - "roadworthy condition" is the term they use. The Police will pull you over for anything and there are very regular spot checks. We also don't have a points system.
JerseyHammer

Postby vietnammer on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:33 pm

TOMOS I lived on the Isles of Scilly for a while and the off islands had some right death-traps driving about. One bloke had to lift his driver door on and off his LR when her used it. Another only had first gear and had to be driven to a wide space near the post office or the hotel at the other end to turn round.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby Tenbury on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:17 pm

I think I may have bought that ^^^^ .
Tenbury

Previous

Return to The Snug