School Trips

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

School Trips

Postby delbert on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:34 pm

So where did your teachers take you so they could have a holiday in term time? I went:

Ringsfiield Hall, some big old house in Suffolk.

Guernsey, great trip, although we went when it was it was bloody freezing.

Trewern, character building adventure training in Wales, it rained a lot, felt my first tit.
delbert

Re: School Trips

Postby 'Appy 'Ammer on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:01 pm

Isle of Wight, the Peak District, skiing in the alps, the commonwealth museum, natural history museum, Hartford House and every theme park going. Teachers on tour more like
'Appy 'Ammer

Postby DrVenk on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Stubbers - nature reserve. The days when teachers still thought it was a good idea to give young boys very strong magnifying glasses. The firemen arrived in time.

Sealyham, Pembrokeshire - activities centre. First time surfing. And ab-sailing. Good times. The Divinyls were number 1 with I Touch Myself.
DrVenk

Postby S-H on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Salisbury
S-H

Postby 3times on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:12 pm

delbert wrote:So where did your teachers take you so they could have a holiday in term time? I went:

Ringsfiield Hall, some big old house in Suffolk.

Guernsey, great trip, although we went when it was it was bloody freezing.

Trewern, character building adventure training in Wales, it rained a lot, felt my first tit.

Many happy memories (or should I say mammories) from Trewern :thup:
3times

Postby Monkeybubbles on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:48 pm

St Pair sur Mer.

I discovered chlorophyll chewing gum, Orangina, horse meat and fingering.
Monkeybubbles

Postby pablo jaye on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:23 am

I never went only school holidays but an old schoolmate posted some pics she’d found from a couple of school trips - Paris and skiing. All the teachers either had drinks in their hands or had that familiar drunken glaze - everyone having a great time!!
pablo jaye

Postby S-H on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:22 am

Our school, amongst a few others (including a private girls school 8-) ) went hiking and camping around the Picos mountains in Spain, after we did our final year exams, it was a 3-week trip and the same schools did it every year.

It was brilliant, and the best way to end our time at school.

Drunkenly puking over the inner lining of our tent, and having to bin it during the last week, whilst at our highest and coldest point of the trek, wasn't the greatest thing to have done, and the smell of posh minge after 3 weeks of roughing it, will forever be burnt into my nostrils as a memento.

Good times, sadly schools would never be allowed to do such a thing anymore, I wouldn't have thought.
Last edited by S-H on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
S-H

Postby Puff Daddy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 am

My old school only ever did one, to a hut without heat and running water in the Brecon Beacons in mid march, when it was freezing cold and also, pissing with rain. Luckily for me, the date chosen co-incided with our FA Cup semi final match with Man United at Hillsborough in 1964
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby HalfTimePie on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:33 am

We did Osmington Bay and Paris in primary school from what I can remember. Then in secondary school we did skiing in Austria, snowboarding in France then skiing in Vermont with a trip to Boston at the end of it.
HalfTimePie

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:50 pm

I went on a Mediterranean Cruise on the SS Nevasa which sailed from Liverpool .- called in at Corsica , Leghorn as it was called back then now Livorno , Rome , Lisbon , we were suppose to call at Florence but due to something or other we didn't have time .
None of my real friends could afford to go , I knew a few of the lads from class who went but I couldn't call them friends but I ended up having to hang out with them - had 3 different girlfriends while on the cruise so I had a good time .

Another trip that my friends could afford was a trip to Austria - I went along and had a much better time - met a beautiful Austrian girl and we exchanged letters upon getting home - my first experience of ' French kissing ' . :oops: :) awww .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:04 pm

DrVenk wrote:Stubbers - nature reserve. The days when teachers still thought it was a good idea to give young boys very strong magnifying glasses. The firemen arrived in time.

Sealyham, Pembrokeshire - activities centre. First time surfing. And ab-sailing. Good times. The Divinyls were number 1 with I Touch Myself.

Didn't go to Gaynes by any chance did you?
Cockneyboy311

Postby DrVenk on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Nah mate.

Manor (Primary) --> Wykeham (Junior) --> Albany (Senior)

I think they all have different names now. Went to Stubbers when at primary school, Pembrokeshire trip when at junior school.

Remember a punch up between Albany, Abbs Cross and Gaynes over Harrow Lodge Park in 1994. Not sure where you Gaynes lot came from! Way out of your manor :D
DrVenk

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:33 pm

DrVenk wrote:Nah mate.

Manor (Primary) --> Wykeham (Junior) --> Albany (Senior)

I think they all have different names now. Went to Stubbers when at primary school, Pembrokeshire trip when at junior school.

Remember a punch up between Albany, Abbs Cross and Gaynes over Harrow Lodge Park in 1994. Not sure where you Gaynes lot came from! Way out of your manor :D

Not that far off then. I remember some beef with Albany and i remember hearing about that over HLP. I left in 94 so i'm pretty sure that would have been some of my school mates coming over for a tear up!
Cockneyboy311

Postby DrVenk on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Not that far off then. I remember some beef with Albany and i remember hearing about that over HLP. I left in 94 so i'm pretty sure that would have been some of my school mates coming over for a tear up!

Yes, pretty close! Man, the scraps over HLP. I remember sticking ethanol on my cuts in Mr Hinton's chemistry lab one afternoon. Some tw*t then decided to try and cauterize the cut with a f*cking bunsen burner :D

Did you end up at Havering Sixth Form?
DrVenk

Postby screech on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:06 pm

scott wilkie pimary school went to Fairplay house in whitham
Woodside school went to chessington world of adventues :lol:
woodside really was a **** stain of a school
screech

Postby stuboy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:01 pm

DrVenk wrote:Wykeham (Junior) --> Albany (Senior)

I think they all have different names now.

Same as me, but yeh, they are Harrow Lodge Primary and Hornchurch High School. FS.

Few trips like Guernsey, Cheddar Gorge, Stubbers (although not really a trip when it's in Upminster) at Wykeham and then Skiing, Rimini (by coach!) and various other stuff like orienteering / camping in Yorkshire at Albany..... My year was on the Jupiter Cruise Liner that sank in Italy, thankfully none of my classmates were badly injured.

Rimini was by far the stand out trip, 15 years old and surrounded by Italian chicks on the beach. Didn't know what to do with myself, I think I caught a serious bought of w*nkers whiplash. The teachers were of course half cut every night and we mostly ended up in bars / 'discos' til 2ish trying to sneak back in.
stuboy

Postby Puff Daddy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:50 pm

Loving this thread, reminiscences of my school days, which in truth are best forgotten, such were the horrors of what are we are told, are the best days of one's life ! Mine, was an absolutely stinking school, shitstain of an absolute apology of a school, called Downshall, in Seven Kings, Ilford. If Borstal was supposed to be bad, it had nothing on this complete dump. Talking of which, on one occasion, they had a break in in the woodwork room.( Just what were the education authorities thinking in putting that complete waste of the tax payers money on the curriculum? ) anyhow, a burglar broke in and went dump in a boy's half completed wooden bowl he had made. The woodwork teacher, a Mr Tucker, told me to go and tell the headmaster what had happened. A boy of just 13 years of age, wouldn't argue with a teacher, not at this penitentiary, so off I toddled to the headmaater's study, quaking in my boots, when he barked out, Stop Boy!!! What are you going to tell him ? Erm.... That someone has broken into the woodwork room and left a pile of **** in a wooden bowl, sir. He barked out, leaving me shaking. Not just a pile of ****, boy, a bloody great pile of ****
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby mumbles87 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:19 am

Went on many school trips over the years

France
Stubbers in Upminster lol
Peak District

The best one tho was out of term time .. because it was an optional trip.. skiing in Maine (my knees been buggered ever since)
mumbles87

Postby lewisham-mer on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Hiking trip in Wales around 1984-5

Based in a youth hostel in Llandudno. Lousy food, 6 to a dorm, shared toilets and showers.

hiked up Snowdon and god know how many other hills. Huge fight in village with the local kids as they didn’t like the English.

Was unusually baking hot for the week we were there, and we all got sunburnt. Teachers were selling dollops of aftersun for 5p!
lewisham-mer

Next

Return to The Snug