A thread to discuss physical health issues

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: A thread to discuss physical health issues

Postby ageing hammer on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:55 am

Burningaham wrote:Ive done a lot this year. I made it to 50. I drove a tank, flew in a sopwith camel, got my 62 lambretta on the road - all sorts.

Tomorrow, about 9am i am going to top all that.
I am being circumcised.

I’ve had something called BXO, it’s not been very nice..

Warps mum is performing the operation.
Not sure if I should ask for it back after it’s been cut off.

Leave it for a tip :D
ageing hammer

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19 am

Eamonn . :thup: :lol:
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Burningaham on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Still alive! I have a large packet (forgive the pun) of tramadol and a bandage around the old chap.

‘Can you remove the sting and leave the swelling’ went down quite well in the recovery room.

Left the foreskon behind, they’ve got some sort of charity auction comig up, I thought they could turn it on to a handbag or a pair of shoes.
I’m off for a sleep.

:scarfer:
Burningaham

Postby S-H on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:08 pm

S-H

Postby ageing hammer on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Burningaham wrote:Still alive! I have a large packet (forgive the pun) of tramadol and a bandage around the old chap.

‘Can you remove the sting and leave the swelling’ went down quite well in the recovery room.

Left the foreskon behind, they’ve got some sort of charity auction comig up, I thought they could turn it on to a handbag or a pair of shoes.
I’m off for a sleep.

:scarfer:

If they leave it for a few years when it grows it could turn into a Spuds fan :D
ageing hammer

Postby Burningaham on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Apologies for the spelling, tramadol are very good
Burningaham

Postby Burningaham on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Had to change the dressing this morning.

Mrs burn described the old chap as ‘frankenpenis’.
Burningaham

Postby lewisham-mer on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Yesterday I had a cystoscopy. Not something I’d ever recommend or want having done again.

Basically it’s inserting tubes up the urethra into the bladder.

Long story short: bladder is overactive and failing, not emptying properly and not giving much warning when I have to go. Options are tablets which make you impotent, or a life wearing pads and diapers from some point in the near future :shock:
Surgery is a last resort and not guaranteed to work ( and not available to me yet).

Not really looking forward to either option
lewisham-mer

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:20 am

lewisham-mer wrote:Yesterday I had a cystoscopy. Not something I’d ever recommend or want having done again.

Long story short: bladder is overactive and failing, not emptying properly and not giving much warning when I have to go. Options are tablets which make you impotent, or a life wearing pads and diapers from some point in the near future :shock:
Surgery is a last resort and not guaranteed to work ( and not available to me yet).

Sorry to hear that , mate .

When I was in hospital with sepsis I had a catheter fitted for two and a half months , when I eventually got back to Skye the Nurse who had to remove it was one of our friends , to be fair she was very discreet with her use of a towel and it all came out painlessly , just a slight sensation of the tube being removed , thankfully I was out cold when they inserted it .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:27 am

Had to go to the Doc's the other day to have a little warty thing on my forehead looked at , Jen was worried it could be skin cancer - the Doctor held this thing over it which froze the hell out of it , I have to admit to going ' Aaawwwww ' ! at the end - felt like about 100 ice creams being applied to my head all at once , left a little red mark for a few days but there's no sign of it now .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby ageing hammer on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:06 am

Lewisham very sorry to hear your news mate a hard choice with either option.
ageing hammer

Postby Briggsy on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:13 pm

lewisham-mer wrote:Yesterday I had a cystoscopy. Not something I’d ever recommend or want having done again.

I had to have an endoscopy earlier in the year. Giant beastly tube shoved straight down your throat. By far the worst thing I've had done in hospital.

Good luck if you go for the surgery. I hope all goes well.
Briggsy

Postby peter49uk on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:36 pm

DasNutNock wrote:I can get a whole lime under my foreskin.

In time you will manage a melon
peter49uk

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Briggsy wrote:
I had to have an endoscopy earlier in the year. Giant beastly tube shoved straight down your throat. By far the worst thing I've had done in hospital.

Good luck if you go for the surgery. I hope all goes well.

When they were trying to discover exactly what was wrong with me back in 2016 I was given an ultrasound , a catscan , an MRI scan then eventually an endoscopy - I'd had an endoscopy way back in 1983 and it was a bloody awful experience so I wasn't looking forward to having a tube stuck down my gullet again however I have to say it was nowhere near as bad as last time - I had to lay on my side then I was given some sort of valium injection , a circular object was put between my teeth in case I bit down on the tube and in it went - I experienced a bit of discomfort somewhere round the stomach area but on the whole it wasn't that bad . Last time I had it done the tube was put in through my nostril and I had to swallow the bloody thing , I failed a couple of times but just as they were giving up I managed to get it down - now that was horrible .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Tenbury on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:57 am

Endoscopys aren't so bad.Golden rule: always swallow it ,don't whatever you do allow them to put it in your nose,as some insist on trying.
Colonoscopy is supposedly worse,but I don't mind them (the pre clear out excercise is the worst bit) I've got one next month.
All this stuff is,for me, more bearable if they turn the screen so as I can see it, try it ,it's fascinating.
Tenbury

Postby Roydon on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:55 am

I had an Endoscopy a few years ago ,doctor told me as i was fit and healthy not to be anaesthetised and that i would only gag once ,and it was true i only gaged once ,constantly for 15 minutes
Roydon

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:38 pm

had a psoriasis flare up in my ear, and now i think i have an infection my ear canal is completely swollen cant fit anything in it and my hearing is dog crap, GP monday for me i think. :lol:
Adrianisournumber1

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:45 pm

peter49uk wrote:In time you will manage a melon

Working my way up to a mango first.
DasNutNock

Postby Big George on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Roydon wrote:I had an Endoscopy a few years ago ,doctor told me as i was fit and healthy not to be anaesthetised and that i would only gag once ,and it was true i only gaged once ,constantly for 15 minutes

They have to get extra, expensive staff in if you are sedated to measure the drugs\your vital signs. You do it un sedated once, horrible experience.
Big George

Postby Briggsy on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:45 pm

I've had a colonoscopy & endoscopy. A colonoscopy is a summer holiday compared to an endoscopy.

I felt violated getting an endoscopy done. As others as said, I gagged for 15 minutes. The tube doesn't even go down properly either. You have to swallow about 15 times because it gets stuck. I hated every second of it. It messed my insides up for about 8 weeks as well.

A colonoscopy just feels like you're doing a reverse poo.
Briggsy

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug