Not Drinking - for a while.

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Not Drinking - for a while.

Postby jacko on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:44 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Usually 3 . Friday night, all day Saturday and the odd night in the week, but only gently in the week.

I never drink at home, always in the pub.

It's incredible that it has such an impace on your sleep. I got smashed on Friday night and it effected my sleep on both Saturday and Sunday nights. Good for you.
jacko

Postby sendô on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 pm

I find it helps me sleep.

Mrs is out tonight, so I'm chilling with a couple bottles of Proper Job.
sendô

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:41 pm

Hammers Dad wrote:I'm the opposite, I rarely drink. Every so often I might have a pint or bottle of beer, but I have to be in the mood for it or I won't bother.

Are you sure that you're not me? :wink:

We have beer and wine that go out of date or turn to vinegar, even had the embarrassment of people visiting and opening wine for them only to find that it is foul.

If we're out for a meal I'll have a beer and often have one at football but never think to have one at home unless we have people round. The daft thing is that I really like the taste of beer and red wine, just never really think to have a drink. The last time I was drunk as far as I recall was the end of season 2015/16 boat trip.

I should say that I used to drink a lot in my twenties, playing football, cricket and rugby does tend to lead to drinking a lot. Then I was on some medication where I had to not drink, I actually found that I didn't mind and this led to carrying on after stopping the medication and didn't drink for two years. It definitely helped with my sleep, though made it harder to cope with my wife of the time.
Hampshire Hammer

Previous

Return to The Snug