You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby devonshire flu on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:23 am

Side of right eye - motorbike accident, drunk, trees, arrgh!

Side of nose - kicked in the face during a fight outside a pub in rural Kent

Under left eye - headbutted during a fight nowhere near a pub

Top of left arm - hit by an axe that my mate threw when we were working as woodcutters

Left forearm - surgery to put titanium plate in after a fight outside a pub in Scotland

Below left knee - cut myself with a chainsaw when working as a woodcutter
devonshire flu

Postby Samba on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:45 am

psychoscoredthelot wrote:luckily the nail bounced straight out again - but the force of it knocked me on my arse
it was thrown from about 4 storeys up

:shock: It's not sounding any better, the more you explain..
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Samba on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:49 am

devonshire flu wrote:hit by an axe that my mate threw

MATE?

I'm beginning to think that vietnammer was right btw..
Samba

Postby Mille Miglia 1991 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:33 am

Left Eye Lid: Keyed in the eye during a ruck on board the District Line between East Ham and Barking in 2010.

Left Arm: Screwdriver Stab wound during a little ruck when younger.

Nose Bridge: this has disappeared mostly and very faint now but was from a swift Bradbury in 2012.

Chipped front tooth: not a scar I know but was from same fight that resulted in the nose Bridge scar.

Knuckle: last game at Upton Park, blood everywhere and a shattered knuckle.
Mille Miglia 1991

Postby Polaroid on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:54 am

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If anyone has any urgent download/uploads to complete, please do so before Jennings makes an appearance on this thread and breaks the feckin' internet.
Polaroid

Postby Chicken Run Supreme on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:04 am

devonshire flu wrote:Side of right eye - motorbike accident, drunk, trees, arrgh!

Top of left arm - hit by an axe that my mate threw when we were working as woodcutters

Left forearm - surgery to put titanium plate in after a fight outside a pub in Scotland

Couple of things spring to mind devonshire, firstly, you have travelled far for your pub fights - Kent to Scotland!!
Secondly, I take it you are no longer a woodcutter??
Chicken Run Supreme

Postby S-H on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:55 am

Polaroid wrote:SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If anyone has any urgent download/uploads to complete, please do so before Jennings makes an appearance on this thread and breaks the feckin' internet.

S-H

Postby Samba on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Mille Miglia 1991 wrote:Knuckle: last game at Upton Park, blood everywhere and a shattered knuckle.

but it was a good night..
Samba

Postby woodgreenspur on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:44 pm

One on the heel of my right hand from stitches when i was 3 ,my brother made me go down the garden and pick up the arrow he had just shot down there.I fell over and stabbed my hand with a rusty bit of wire

Small one on finger,cut myself swimming in the River Lea as a kid.

One on my head .7 stitches through someone smashing me with a pool cue,fractured skull with that one as well, (luckily only hairline)

Small one on forehead(pretty faded now) from a crack dealer trying to open my face up with a stanley. If it hadn't been for some massive South African pulling me back, i would have a massive one right down the front of my face

That's enough,don't want any more :)
woodgreenspur

Postby vietnammer on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Prize one is a good four inches, very visible on the underside of my right forearm. Razor fight with Triads in a brothel in Macao...no, no, I was a milkman and I was carrying a large number of empty glass bottles out of a driveway, tripped on a fence-post and smasherama. Had cleared it up and was driving the float again before I realised there was blood coming out of my parka sleeve. 14 stitches and was very lucky it didn't sever any arteries or tendons. Doctor asked me if I had tried to do myself in (standard question, apparently). Went back and finished the round afterward (I'm proper hard, me).
Top of right index finger curiously bisected when I thought undoing a plug with a penknife while looking out the window was a good idea.

Mrs has the worst appendix scar I've ever seen. They must have used a chain saw or something.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby Clucking Bell on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:35 pm

devonshire flu wrote:Side of right eye - motorbike accident, drunk, trees, arrgh!

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: of things spring to mind devonshire, firstly, you have travelled far for your pub fights - Kent to Scotland!!

And, thirdly, thank **** he never got his hands on a chainsaw :D Whoops, my bad, he did!
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby Puff Daddy on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:39 pm

One and a half inch scar on right shin as a result of getting up from an office chair many years ago and bashed it on an open drawer, which should have requested stitches. It has faded quite considerably since,
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:quote="devonshire flu"]Side of right eye - motorbike accident, drunk, trees, arrgh!

Below left knee - cut myself with a chainsaw when working as a woodcutter[/quote

Couple of things spring to mind devonshire, firstly, you have travelled far for your pub fights - Kent to Scotland!!

No , he's a Prizefighter . You don't need a magnifying glass to see them clues .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Samba on Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:21 am

Puff Daddy wrote:One and a half inch scar on right shin as a result of getting up from an office chair many years ago and bashed it on an open drawer, which should have requested stitches. It has faded quite considerably since,

Puff definitely wins the best 'White Collar, Scar', award..
Samba

Postby OFT on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Blimey, some proper wounds on here :shock:

I'm a scar 'lightweight' but there's two I can think of..

Outer right thigh, fell off a wall as a kid and landed on a pile of bricks, resulting in a wound the size and shape of an eye. Surprisingly, at the hospital they didn't stitch it, possibly because they were busy dealing with the broken wrist I acquired at the same time.

Third finger right hand, where the 1st knuckle down used to be before I got it tangled in a machine and twisted it off. The scar is very faint considering.
OFT

Postby Toulouse_Iron on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:02 pm

vietnammer wrote:Mrs has the worst appendix scar I've ever seen. They must have used a chain saw or something.

My appendix scar would give hers a run for her money: about 3 inches long, very deep and purple.. The appendix burst and they had to keep a hole open with a drain tube to get the pus out for a few days after the op. The nurses put me in a salt bath every day and pressed down around the wound to force the pus out into the bathwater. Nice.

put my teeth through my lip and 5 stitches on my chin after riding my bike flat out into a brick wall (brake failure).

A nice scar on my inner thigh from a bicycle pedal spindle that impaled my leg, just missing my testicles and my femoral artery

and the latest and biggest: a sodding great hernia scar extending diagonally 5 inches up and to the right from the base of my knob, parralel to the apendix scar.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form

Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on

Postby Col Hammer on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Blimey, glad this thread doesn't include photos!!!
Not sure how some of you are still alive :shock:

All I can add is a 1" scar under my chin where I went over the handle bars on my Raleigh Chopper bike!
Col Hammer

Postby alkali on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:48 pm

Nine inch scar along Dick as punishment for lying
alkali

Postby -DL- on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Scar down right shin after having my leg broken and a plate inserted. Also got the scars around my knee where I had an external fixation before I had the plate put in.

Scar near appendix where they grafted bone from my hip to put in my said broken leg.

Scar from top of right shoulder to arm pit after suffering a compound dislocation whilst playing rugby, and from subsequent surgeries.

8 inch scar down centre of my spine after breaking my back in a car crash and having to have it bolted back together. Thankfully my spinal cord remained intact.

Small scar on right cheek after scratching it on a thorn on a rose bush whilst gardening

Star shaped scar between my eyebrows after headbutting someone, missing a clean nut, and that bit of my head hitting theirs and it just exploding.

I think that's about it,,,
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby Hammers Dad on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Col Hammer wrote:Blimey, glad this thread doesn't include photos!!!
Not sure how some of you are still alive :shock:

All I can add is a 1" scar under my chin where I went over the handle bars on my Raleigh Chopper bike!

What a good idea......I'll get some done and posted
Hammers Dad

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug