You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby Joyeux Marteau on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:40 pm

I have a peace sign shape scar in my left eyebrow, this was from when I was a child. My parents were looking at a house and there was scaffolding. I was on my dads shoulders (as you do when you're a kid) he ducked under and the scaffold pole and I got it right on the head.

I also lost some finger tips to a meat slicer on two separate occasions, the guard didn't work correctly. I also skinned a knuckle down to the bone at the same time.

My left index finger got trapped in a gate leg table and exploded. It's a really odd shape now.

I also have a scar on my knees from playing football as a kid, tried a sweet slide tackle on my brother for one. The other is a perfect circle on the other knee, have no idea where that came from.

All the others have been mentioned in another thread.
User avatar
Joyeux Marteau
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:19 pm
Location: Nice, Cote D'Azur

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Quite a few of us have ' identification marks ' then . :)

Thanks for sharing , guys , especially you , Joyeaux . :thup:
User avatar
The Old Man of Storr
 
Posts: 16130
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Lost In the Recesses Of My Mind .

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby WHU Independent on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:31 am

Right eyebrow: 8 years old riding a bike down Blackwall Tunnel underpass, misjudged the speed of the slope, the velocity of bike and the sharpness of the bend. BLAM! Right eyebrow connects with the very point wall and I'm covered in claret. My dad picks me up and rolls the bike home with the other. He turns up at home looking like an extra out of Carrie, my mum nearly faints, but remains lucid enough to call an ambulance. All resulting in a 1 inch scar.

Left hand: bottom of the thumb to wrist and left elbow just above the elbow - about an inch each. I was the intended victim of a very poorly executed mugging attempt in East London. I blocked a series of knife slashes with my left arm and the guy eventually over extended (on drugs probably) and it was over, for him.

Left arm. Various, now admittedly very faint, self inflicted wounds from an different age when a GF of mine carved my name name in her arm to show how much she loved me. It was all de riigueur at the time. She expected me to reciprocate which I did, but not overly deeply as she did. I guess I didn't love her that much. We split soon after.

Various little blobs and spots over my arms and chest and legs. Acid. It's nasty and doesn't respect you. Don't mess with it kids.

Left groin: about an inch from the base of the old chap upwards at a 45 degree for 5 inches: Hernia op, done the old fashion way with mesh, knitting needles and butchers knives. If I go from a warm place out into a cold outside area, it cramps up and I end up walking like Quasimodo until it warms up.

Top left arm: not a scar as such but a tiny black mark where a guy stabbed me with a pencil decades ago. I couldn't get the lead put as it was so deep, so it's still there.

Back of the head, centre near middle. Bloke hit me with a soy sauce bottle, unexpectedly, from behind when I was eating a meal. I went quite a bit woozy as those old style bottles were lumpy, but my mate jumped in and bashed the **** out of him.
User avatar
WHU Independent
 
Posts: 4006
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:35 pm

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby Polaroid on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:07 am

-DL- wrote:Scar down right shin after having my leg broken and a plate inserted. Also got the scars around my knee where I had an external fixation before I had the plate put in.

Scar near appendix where they grafted bone from my hip to put in my said broken leg.

Scar from top of right shoulder to arm pit after suffering a compound dislocation whilst playing rugby, and from subsequent surgeries.

8 inch scar down centre of my spine after breaking my back in a car crash and having to have it bolted back together. Thankfully my spinal cord remained intact.

Small scar on right cheek after scratching it on a thorn on a rose bush whilst gardening

Star shaped scar between my eyebrows after headbutting someone, missing a clean nut, and that bit of my head hitting theirs and it just exploding.


Juxtaposition at its finest :)

Joyeux Marteau wrote:I have a peace sign shape scar in my left eyebrow, this was from when I was a child. My parents were looking at a house and there was scaffolding. I was on my dads shoulders (as you do when you're a kid) he ducked under and the scaffold pole and I got it right on the head.


I've read this thread through my fingers whilst cringing but (and apologies in advance JM) this one hit my funny bone.
Polaroid
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:51 am

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby Rio on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:26 am

Chin.

On a family holiday aged 5. Needed a Jimmy on the way to the destination. Car pulled over to the side of an A road. I fell down a ditch, where luckily a fence stopped my descent with the aid of my chin.

Left side of skull. There’s a recurrent theme here. Last game before Christmas. Having a piss in the lord stanley. A combination of slippery fall and trainers that had no grip culminated in me slipping in the toilet. Luckily a sink broke my fall, otherwise I could have done myself some real damage. A large gash on my head, a trip to A&E while doing a passing resemblance of Terry Butcher, all good fun
User avatar
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
 
Posts: 23731
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:29 pm
Location: Reykjavik comma Iceland full stop

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:01 pm

the worse scar i have seen though is on my mates back - who sat on a sink whilst on holiday and the sink collapsed - porcelain cuts all over the place

mind you my mate who lost a leg when he fell under a train had pretty bad scarring too - to be fair
User avatar
psychoscoredthelot
 
Posts: 7406
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby The Collector on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:10 am

The Old Man of Storr wrote:6. Saved the nastiest till last - a cut the shape of an upside down ' U ' with a piece of skin missing the size of a 50p piece at the top measuring around 8 inches all in all - right leg - caused by me falling backwards while bringing a sackbarrow containing 3 sacks of coal down our garden slope


Feel a bit guilty about this one as if we hadn’t stayed so late you might have been moving the coal in daylight.

No real scars for me. Appendectomy slice across my stomach and a few nicks out of fingers from DIY. Mind, I might have a lump out of my head to show the next time I meet Mrs TOMOS for not helping hubby move the coal out of the car. :?
User avatar
The Collector
 
Posts: 4939
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:59 pm
Location: Location, Location

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby upton girlie on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:56 am

Head to toe...

Dent and inch scar on forehead due to a violent, dickhead ex kicking me with football boots on. Delightful.

Inch scar under my chin due to a skipping rope game, big feet and lack of coordination with a garden gate getting in the way, aged 10.

Three inch scar in the front of my neck due to titanium and bolts holding it together and therefore allowing me to walk and hold beer/wine glasses. Caused by an accident whilst living in Spain when someone ran past me at a party and I fell backwards onto a foot high wall. Ended up getting airlifted from Malaga to Stoke Mandeville hospital and avoiding, just, the sweaty mitts of Jimmy Saville. A regular visitor.

Moving down...2 inch scar on my left wrist after breaking it three times and numerous operations.

Multitude of scars in my right palm, hand and fingers due to sepsis earlier this year. More operations planned soon. Still, lucky to have survived so cant whinge.

Caesarean scar across the abdomen. Not planned - ended up being an emergency route out for my son. Looking at him now, I’d say he just wanted to be nearer to a bar....

Inch scar on each knee coz I’m a clumsy biatch at times and always manage to fall on glass. Mainly in a drinking situation. And each time completely drunk.

Mental scars from being ginger. :wink:
User avatar
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
 
Posts: 7542
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 8:02 pm
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby Tenbury on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:59 am

upton girlie wrote:. Ended up getting airlifted from Malaga to Stoke Mandeville hospital and avoiding, just, the sweaty mitts of Jimmy Saville. A regular visitor.



:

Spent some months there getting some major skin grafts and never saw him...perhaps he wasn't so keen on a collection of smashed up bikers...Never got much sleep though ..too many helicopters! Spent a lot of time on the roof of the paraplegic unit sharing smokes.Very strange times.
User avatar
Tenbury
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: Too near Kidderminster

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby The Collector on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:16 am

upton girlie wrote:Mental scars from being ginger.


Oh my god! I’m so sorry, never realised. :wink:

Welcome back.
User avatar
The Collector
 
Posts: 4939
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:59 pm
Location: Location, Location

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby S-H on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:56 am

upton girlie wrote:Head to toe...

Dent and inch scar on forehead due to a violent, dickhead ex kicking me with football boots on. Delightful.

Inch scar under my chin due to a skipping rope game, big feet and lack of coordination with a garden gate getting in the way, aged 10.

Three inch scar in the front of my neck due to titanium and bolts holding it together and therefore allowing me to walk and hold beer/wine glasses. Caused by an accident whilst living in Spain when someone ran past me at a party and I fell backwards onto a foot high wall. Ended up getting airlifted from Malaga to Stoke Mandeville hospital and avoiding, just, the sweaty mitts of Jimmy Saville. A regular visitor.

Moving down...2 inch scar on my left wrist after breaking it three times and numerous operations.

Multitude of scars in my right palm, hand and fingers due to sepsis earlier this year. More operations planned soon. Still, lucky to have survived so cant whinge.

Caesarean scar across the abdomen. Not planned - ended up being an emergency route out for my son. Looking at him now, I’d say he just wanted to be nearer to a bar....

Inch scar on each knee coz I’m a clumsy biatch at times and always manage to fall on glass. Mainly in a drinking situation. And each time completely drunk.

Mental scars from being ginger.


Image

You win..
User avatar
S-H
 
Posts: 9338
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am
Location: Part-time Wurzel fluffer.

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:38 am

The Collector wrote:
Feel a bit guilty about this one as if we hadn’t stayed so late you might have been moving the coal in daylight.

No real scars for me. Appendectomy slice across my stomach and a few nicks out of fingers from DIY. Mind, I might have a lump out of my head to show the next time I meet Mrs TOMOS for not helping hubby move the coal out of the car. :?


No need for any guilty thoughts , my old mate - I had to pick up Becky from the train station that same night at 8.30pm , bought the coal from the Coop in Kyle and thinking I was still 22 ........ :)

Just another one of Life's Little Lessons .
User avatar
The Old Man of Storr
 
Posts: 16130
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Lost In the Recesses Of My Mind .

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby Korea Hammer on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:58 pm

I have a scar on my stomach following brain surgery.
User avatar
Korea Hammer
 
Posts: 6107
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:23 pm

Re: You Wanna Know How I Got These Scars ?

Postby southbrishammer on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:44 pm

Apart from a small mark on my left index finger from trying to slice bread while drunk, the only scar I have is on my head.

I was born with a large lump on the top of my head; doctors didn't know what had caused it, and this was in the days before scans, so they just left it. However it caused me a lot of discomfort and I couldn't sleep, so they decided to operate. They were very tentative as they didn't know if it was my brain, so they only cut about half of it off.

So now I have a small lump on my head which hurts like buggery if I knock it, and a scar on top. I presume it was just cranial fluid which seeped out of my partially formed skull, but I'll probably never know.
User avatar
southbrishammer
 
Posts: 3014
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:46 am
Location: South Bris

Previous

Return to The Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests