Black Friday

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Black Friday

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:19 am

:D
Ok , mate - thanks for trying .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:18 am

We had a Prime membership already, as we like the free delivery service. The TV & Music streaming access on top of it is a nice bonus, but I'd subscribe to Prime anyway even if it wasn't part of the deal
DasNutNock

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:55 am

DasNutNock wrote:We had a Prime membership already, as we like the free delivery service. The TV & Music streaming access on top of it is a nice bonus, but I'd subscribe to Prime anyway even if it wasn't part of the deal

If you'll believe this we subscribed to Netflix so that our daughter could watch television during her student days , we are still paying for it - then our daughter's partner got Amazon Prime so quite naturally I thought they would return the favour and allow us a share of it but apparently Amazon Prime isn't set up tht way , it would mean me sharing the payments or so I'm led to believe . I watched Netflix yesterday for the first time in months and would happily drop it but I'd feel ' mean ' .

As I said , I'm not going to criticise anyone for buying this device , I have spent literally thousands of pounds on stuff I didn't really want and had I subscribed to Amazon Prime instead of Netflix [ and had more money to spare ] I may well be pressing the ' buy it now ' button for an Amazon Echo . It looks fun .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Samba on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:36 am

Out of interest, anyone pick up anything nice & cheap?

Anyone thinking of saying Warp's Mum, will be banned from going over the OS.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:41 pm

Samba wrote:Out of interest, anyone pick up anything nice & cheap?

Anyone thinking of saying Warp's Mum, will be banned from going over the OS.

Last year I did buy quite a few ' stocking fillers ' for Christmas and I would have been tempted this year to buy a 10 inch Amazon Fire Tablet @ 99 pounds but we're renting a house near Elgin which means paying two loads of council taxes and two loads of BT broadband , money is as tight as it's ever been so got none spare for frippery - might get one next year but like the Amazon Echo do I really need one with 5 working laptops in the family household , do I heck , I just like spending money !
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Tristan Shout on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:55 pm

Thera been a few fishing products I've had my eye on as Xmas presents, barrow, bedchair, and Rod bag, angling direct has had 15% off this weekend, I was going to to buy them anyway but waited till this weekend, the good lady wife can give them to me for Xmas, saved over £100
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"

Postby sendô on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:04 pm

DasNutNock wrote:We had a Prime membership already, as we like the free delivery service.

Remember when Amazon offered free delivery on most things if you were willing to wait 3-5 days, and then they dropped it and only started offering standard "first class" so they could encourage you to pay for Prime to get the free delivery?
sendô

Postby Ben on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:29 pm

Vodafone are doing some great deals on large data phone contracts.

I really want to sign up to one which is
iphone 8+ 256gb phone
100gb data
£9.99 upfront
£36 per month, this deal is normally £72 per month with 40gb data.

they are doing similar deals on pixels and some other phones too

the only reason not pressing the button is we have a mortgage application going through this week and I don't want to risk anything with another search on my file, reading up it probably won't matter much but still makes me too nervous!
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:34 pm

Ben wrote:Vodafone are doing some great deals on large data phone contracts.

iphone 8+ 256gb phone
100gb data
£9.99 upfront

they are doing similar deals on pixels and some other phones too

the only reason not pressing the button is we have a mortgage application going through this week and I don't want to risk anything with another search on my file, reading up it probably won't matter much but still makes me too nervous!

Any idea when they are planning on rolling out 5G?

Just remember that just before 4G was rolled out they started to give away massive 3G plans, just wondered whether there's any point getting tied into a 24 month contract just now?
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby Monkeybubbles on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Cyber Monday now, apparently.

I just bought a mattress. We were vaguely thinking of getting a new one, and I got pulled in by the "30% OFF CYBER MONDAY" deal. I'm a marketing person's dream.

Perhaps I should have slept on it (sorry).
Monkeybubbles

Postby Clacton-ammer on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:45 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
If you'll believe this we subscribed to Netflix so that our daughter could watch television during her student days , we are still paying for it - then our daughter's partner got Amazon Prime so quite naturally I thought they would return the favour and allow us a share of it but apparently Amazon Prime isn't set up tht way , it would mean me sharing the payments or so I'm led to believe . I watched Netflix yesterday for the first time in months and would happily drop it but I'd feel ' mean ' .

I'm 99.9% sure Amazon works like Netflix, just need account name/password and set it up on your box. I'm sure that is how mine is set up at home off my sons Amazon prime account.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby CentenaryUpperHammer on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Yep - my old man uses my Amazon Prime account on his iPad & I use it to stream from my PS4.

I think there is a limit of 3 devices streaming at the same time though.
CentenaryUpperHammer

Postby chigwells finest on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:56 pm

i didnt buy anything , i also buy through ' top cashback ' and it claws another few quid off the price , as well as using my nat west debit card , which nets me another 2% on most purchases especially fuel bills / sky / council tax etc
chigwells finest

Postby sendô on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Ben wrote:Vodafone are doing some great deals on large data phone contracts.

iphone 8+ 256gb phone
100gb data
£9.99 upfront

Ah, the old offer you more data than you need and so will never use and thus not cost them anything, in order to get you to commit more money or a longer contract trick.

24 month contracts should be illegal. It's why I do not have a new phone and am on a monthly rolling £13 jobby.
sendô

Postby chigwells finest on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:03 pm

virgin mobile are offering 200gb for £ 20 atm , i used this to run 5 devices in my house , before the internet was installed . wonder how long home broadband has got left before we just dont need it
chigwells finest

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:06 pm

chigwells finest wrote:virgin mobile are offering 200gb for £ 20 atm , i used this to run 5 devices in my house , before the internet was installed . wonder how long home broadband has got left before we just dont need it

How does that work? All the devices paired up with the main one?
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby Eggchaser on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:18 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:

Clacton-ammer wrote:
I'm 99.9% sure Amazon works like Netflix, just need account name/password and set it up on your box. I'm sure that is how mine is set up at home off my sons Amazon prime account.

The difference is that on Netflix you pay a subscription and all available films & programmes are included within the subscription, largely because they are all either old or made for Netflix.
With Amazon prime, while there is an awful lot of films and programmes included, the newer stuff (and some popular old stuff such as The Sopranos) has to be bought or rented.
Eggchaser

Postby mumbles87 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:28 pm

Cyber monday deal on silent night pillows

£6.99 for 2.. so got 2 packs of 2

we needed new pillows for our room anyways
mumbles87

Postby chigwells finest on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote:virgin mobile are offering 200gb for £ 20 atm , i used this to run 5 devices in my house , before the internet was installed . wonder how long home broadband has got left before we just dont need it

How does that work? All the devices paired up with the main one?[/quote]

i just had my personal hotspot on , and paired the tv , printer, laptop with it , wasnt the fastest , but it worked fine
chigwells finest

Postby Monkey Mike on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:59 pm

mumbles87 wrote:Cyber monday deal on silent night pillows

£6.99 for 2.. so got 2 packs of 2

we needed new pillows for our room anyways

Which website?
Monkey Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug