TV & broadband

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: TV & broadband

Postby sendô on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:12 am

The previously mentioned arsewipes that are Virgin Media, who insist that you send back to them all the equipment they send you when you cancel, are now trying to tell me I still have a TIVO box, and that they originally sent me TWO of them (why the **** would they?) and if I dont send back the TIVO box I don't have because they never sent it to me I owe them £95.

Honestly, they might be the worst company I've ever had to deal with. I'm really looking forward to the phone call I'm going to have to make to their call centre morons later.
sendô

Postby CentenaryUpperHammer on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:28 pm

So I mentioned previously I was going to have Virgin installed on the 28th.

Absolute **** show.

First two guys show up at 8am & claim they cannot find the cable. They have a wander around & decide that they cannot find it so need someone to lay a fresh cable. This guy turns up & finds the **missing** cable which he could use - easy peasy.

Now then, our kitchen faces the driveway with the living room at the back. That means they wanted to cable through the kitchen and into the living room. 10 minutes later, they cannot do this due to the tiles where they want to drill so back to the drawing board.

I mention it's a flat roof so could easily go over the top and down the back wall. Simple enough but no, they aren't insured but can send a guy out who is next week to sort it. Fast forward to Wednesday, this bloke turns up & says he can't get on the roof on his own & there is no-one else available plus the cable would be exposed & wouldn't last longer than 6 months.

By this point, I had completely given up & just told him to cancel the install. Called Virgin & had a moan up. They re-directed my cancellation call to someone outside of the UK who couldn't grasp why I was unhappy & in turn was quite unhelpful & rude.

Meanwhile, the Mrs called Sky, explained what happened and they gave us a comparable deal for the same price with HD channels chucked in for free. All to be installed on Monday...hopefully.

In short, Virgin were useless. Oh & I found a TiVo Box & router stashed under the stairs which I'm guessing they left there at some point...no doubt I'll get a call about that at some point.

Sky...TBC.
CentenaryUpperHammer

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:56 pm

CUH,

I understand that Sendo is in need of a spare TiVO box...
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:06 pm

Called virgin to get a renewal quote a few days ago. Said they'd continue my rate for £35 a month. As good as I could find for the speed I need, so agreed to their terms. Got an email shortly afterward, confirming I'd agreed to £41 a month.

Called back immediately (2 hours after the first call) to enquire WTF they thought they were doing. The lad on the other end of the phone assured me that the mistake was on my part, there's no way they could have agreed to "only" £41, and confirmed I should actually be paying £48 so I should be happy with my deal. Went absolutely beserk, pointed out that I'd recorded the call and would be contacting the ombudsman.

He then told me he'd made a special request to his boss to discount my £41 by £6 as a special deal to get me the £35/month. Got an email shortly afterward saying they were discounting it by £7, so am paying £34 a month.

Then saw a deal on Facebook, new customers on my rate for £27. So basically they did me a really special deal where I'm only paying £84 a year more than a new customer, instead of the full £252 I *should* be paying.

C*NTS.
DasNutNock

Postby Samba on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:14 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Then saw a deal on Facebook, new customers on my rate for £27. So basically they did me a really special deal where I'm only paying £84 a year more than a new customer, instead of the full £252 I *should* be paying. C*NTS.

24 carat..
Samba

Location: Playing Humm Bug & trying to hum, 'Ballroom Blitz'...

Postby PrawnSandwich on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:27 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Then saw a deal on Facebook, new customers on my rate for £27. So basically they did me a really special deal where I'm only paying £84 a year more than a new customer, instead of the full £252 I *should* be paying.

This was my issue with them when we left.
Had been a customer for 10 years and they had repeatedly kept offering us free upgrades on Broadband speeds that I hadn't asked for and then upping the bill because I was using the faster rate...
Eventually I snapped when paying £52 a month for a package I could get for £28 if I was a new customer, because I had been a loyal customer for a decade so if anyone should be rewarded if should ****ing be me.
The offered to cut my bill to £46 but the TV package would drop to basic and the broadband speed would be cut down from 100bmp to 20bmp making it worse than the deal for new customers but £14 more expensive.

****ed them off, got broadband and phone for £18 and Netflix.
PrawnSandwich

Previous

Return to The Snug