The Flying Scotsman

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

The Flying Scotsman

Postby brothernero on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:28 pm

The Pub as opposed to the Train.

Oddly this is the only Pub I have been to that has Strippers. I have been asked to help organize a stag night and going to an old fashioned strip Pub/Joint is seemingly on the schedule.

Having not been there for 5+ years, does anyone know if since the Kings Cross make over the Flying Scotsman is still there?
brothernero

Re: The Flying Scotsman

Postby mushy on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:55 pm

I think its had a refurb and.a.name change.
I believe its now The Scottish Stores.
mushy

Postby brothernero on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 pm

mushy wrote:I think its had a refurb and.a.name change.
I believe its now The Scottish Stores.

Take it no strippers then?

Right, Ten Pin Bowling it is. :D

:thup:
brothernero

Postby Samba on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 am

Not Robert Snod if he ever, one day, did a 'Wilf'?
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Wembley1966 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:54 am

See the "What pub have you been in today" thread:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=161364&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1400#p5157935

Why not have a night out in Essex and go dogging!
Wembley1966

Postby ChzMff on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:27 am

Try the Griffin?
ChzMff

Postby EugeneSpeed on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Yes, has been gone a few years now. As has the White Horse, which is now a flashy restaurant. It's funny though - they must have kept the original toilet doors as they are still covered with loads of football graffiti (ICF, NUFC on tour, Millwall etc etc).

Griffin a good shout as ChzMff says. Has also had an overhaul recently but still has the services you're after.
EugeneSpeed

Postby brothernero on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Where is the Griffin?

Someone now wants to do a more traditional stag night, but as a treat hire him a "Naked Maid" for the day for his last but one day in his apartment. Did not know such a thing exists. I need to start getting out more.
brothernero

Postby Denzil on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Plenty of boozers/venues on Shoreditch High St that offer the aforementioned activity.
Denzil

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Is it me getting old or are strip bars seedy, horrible places full of pissed up blokes acting the arse? I remember going into the Griffin a few years back and I don't think I finished my drink. It was just sleazy and the fact the strippers come round at increasingly short intervals just put me right off.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Happyhammer52 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Is it me getting old or are strip bars seedy, horrible places full of pissed up blokes acting the arse? I remember going into the Griffin a few years back and I don't think I finished my drink. It was just sleazy and the fact the strippers come round at increasingly short intervals just put me right off.

Don't think I've ever known them to be different.
Happyhammer52

Postby bunk on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Visted the Nags Head of Aldgate many moons ago on a weird pub crawl; I just remember it having a haze of gloom in amongst it. Think we stayed for single 'put your 50p in the jar' show before making our quick exit.
bunk

Postby woodgreenspur on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:59 pm

brothernero wrote:Where is the Griffin?

Someone now wants to do a more traditional stag night, but as a treat hire him a "Naked Maid" for the day for his last but one day in his apartment. Did not know such a thing exists. I need to start getting out more.

Clerkenwell.
On the Clerkenwell road,where it meets Grays Inn Road and Rosebury Avenue.
woodgreenspur

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:18 pm

ChzMff wrote:Try the Griffin?

yep - hes right £1 in the pot to watch them on stage + private dances used to be £20 (a friend told me) :oops:
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Wembley1966 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:23 pm

A friend told me that there's a happy hour on private dances - only £10 before 5:00pm
Wembley1966

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Is it me getting old or are strip bars seedy, horrible places full of pissed up blokes acting the arse? I remember going into the Griffin a few years back and I don't think I finished my drink. It was just sleazy and the fact the strippers come round at increasingly short intervals just put me right off.

Went in one for the first time on a stag weekend in Nottingham about 5 years back. (Sheltered life)
And yeah I agree, horrible seedy places full of idiots. A couple of us left after 20 minutes, & waited for the rest of the group in a pub over the road.
Dover KUMB fan

Postby Mega Ron on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Get yourself to Browns for the £1 in a pint strippers

Then go around the corner for bowling at the All Star bowling on brick lane. You can book the private alley where o think you get maybe three lanes.
Mega Ron

Postby EugeneSpeed on Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:51 pm

They seem to be pretty dead these days. I went to The Griffin recently with a few of the younger lads from work - I was telling them about the Quid In A Pint Glass places and they refused to believe that it was 'a thing'. So we bowled down there and were pretty much the only people in the place.
EugeneSpeed

Postby Mega Ron on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:18 pm

I was there as part of a stag years back.

I organized it so changed up a lot of notes for pound coins for everyone. In fact all I had on me were pound coins.

One of the strippers accused me of only giving her 20p and the doorman only let go of me once he saw the only cash I had was £1 coins.
Mega Ron

Postby brothernero on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:15 am

Mega Ron wrote:I was there as part of a stag years back.

I organized it so changed up a lot of notes for pound coins for everyone. In fact all I had on me were pound coins.

One of the strippers accused me of only giving her 20p and the doorman only let go of me once he saw the only cash I had was £1 coins.

The Flying Scotsman is the only pub I have ever been in where there are or were Strippers, But my mate used to go to a lap dancing joint in Bethel Green (Think it was called Metropole) and told me once a story very similar to yours, one of the girls threw a strop saying he had put 20p in the jar, the bouncer got heavy with him and the manager got involved. Turns out when they checked the jar, there was plenty of 50p's but not a single 20p. Think he was offered a couple of free beers as a sorry.

Think I'm getting to old for the seedy stuff. I am still happy with the Bowling, some pool and then a meal. hopefully the others can arrange that Naked Cleaner for a day for him.

Cheers for the heads up on the Pub I asked about and the others. :thup:
brothernero

Next

Return to The Snug