New Years Resolutions

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: New Years Resolutions

Postby Rocket on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:13 pm

Smonnie wrote:I need to lose about ten stone this year - heaviest I've ever been at 23 stone and miserable with it - and conveniently also need to cut down dramatically on my drinking.

I'm not doing anything dramatic - I'm going to try to avoid drinking in the week, and I'm tracking calories.

7 days in and no drink so far (felt crap over the weekend to be fair so didn't want a drink anyway), but hopefully by cutting out the bottle and a half of wine every night and the sandwich on the way home from work, I should chuck the weight off pretty quickly.

This is the way to do it. Weight lost quickly is easy to quickly put on again; weight lost gradually the opposite.
Rocket

Postby Smonnie on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:39 pm

Rocket wrote:This is the way to do it. Weight lost quickly is easy to quickly put on again; weight lost gradually the opposite.

Thanks mate. I've been pleasantly surprised by how much food you can fit into 2000 cals per day when you're not drinking over 1000 of them!
Smonnie

Postby Clucking Bell on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:46 am

warp wrote:
told a friend of mine she can **** off if all she wants to do is annoy me, she said that's not the way to talk to a girl, i told her i had never been really sure that she was...

these new year's resolutions are piss-easy!

Was it the deep voice, the Adam's apple or the pair of big, hairy b*llocks that gave the game away?
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby warp on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:51 am

^ the rummenigge-like calves :shock:
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Samba on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:46 am

Smonnie wrote:I've been pleasantly surprised by how much food you can fit into 2000 cals per day when you're not drinking over 1000 of them!

And try to drastically limit your carbs. They are pretty useless as a food source in terms of filling you up. They just keep you hungry all day long & are a waste of calories, if you're counting them.
Higher protein & ironically, fat intake will keep you feeling fuller, for longer. :thup:
Samba

Location: Playing Humm Bug & trying to hum, 'Ballroom Blitz'...

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 am

Have you looked at trying intermittent fasting, Smonnie?
LincolnshireHammer

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:33 am

Been off the snouts over a week now. Hope to God I've cracked it this time.
DasNutNock

Postby S-H on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:45 am

DasNutNock wrote:Been off the snouts over a week now. Hope to God I've cracked it this time.

S-H

Postby sendô on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:49 am

Hmm, I had a salmon last night after work. I'm not normally a non drinking smoker.
sendô

Postby warp on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:23 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Been off the snouts over a week now. Hope to God I've cracked it this time.

congratulations mate! have a cigar!
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 pm

warp wrote:congratulations mate! have a cigar!

I've celebrated a week off the gaspers by injecting some Krokodil into my eyeball.
DasNutNock

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:53 pm

Sure I've said it before, but am surprised that you're a smoker. So into your ‘keep fit’ stuff and exercise, never would have thought it TBH.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:58 pm

The smoking comes & goes, TBH. I'll quit for a while, then in the summer I'll feel tempted, end up having one, then by the autumn, I'm back on them. Historically, at least.

TBH, you can maintain a decent level of cardiovascular fitness whilst smoking a few a day, but it won't help you set any PBs, which is what I want to aim for this year.
DasNutNock

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:18 pm

DasNutNock wrote: you can maintain a decent level of cardiovascular fitness whilst smoking a few a day, .

Sponsored by American Tobacco….
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote:Sponsored by American Tobacco….

I only have my own evidence to go on. I don't claim for a second that it helped me.
DasNutNock

Postby Smonnie on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:44 pm

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Have you looked at trying intermittent fasting, Smonnie?

Yeah I used to on and off (as is the point! :lol: ) but I tended to try to fast too much, which led to overeating on other days.

I am looking at supplements as well if anyone has any recommendations.
Smonnie

Postby S-H on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Smonnie wrote:
I am looking at supplements as well if anyone has any recommendations.

Pop a few disco biscuits and stick this on

The weight will fall off.
S-H

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:54 pm

DasNutNock wrote:I only have my own evidence to go on. I don't claim for a second that it helped me.

Was meant as a joke, should have put a winky in the post. Not suprised that you'd still be quite fit, even with smoking.

I (many years ago) used to work out several mornings before work (lots of x-trainer & swimming). I remember one stand out time, chasing my son around a park over in KL, even with the temp. & humidity being so high, I was only blowing out my arse a little and recovered amazingly well all considered.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby matthewbd on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:15 pm

I need to get a grip of my debt problem this year.

Just under £25k on cards with a lot of promotional 0% interests ending soon so payments are going to rocket.

Tried a debt consolidation load but no joy.

Looking in to DMP but worried about the impact of this. Any one done one of these?

All stemmed from a gambling addiction I've recently got a handle on. Can't believe I've been so ****ing stupid.
matthewbd

Postby S-H on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:49 pm

matthewbd wrote:I need to get a grip of my debt problem this year.

Just under £25k on cards with a lot of promotional 0% interests ending soon so payments are going to rocket.

Tried a debt consolidation load but no joy.

Looking in to DMP but worried about the impact of this. Any one done one of these?

All stemmed from a gambling addiction I've recently got a handle on. Can't believe I've been so ****ing stupid.

Having read similar posts on here before, there's quite a few chaps on here who offer great advice regarding debt etc, maybe start a new thread.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

:thup:
S-H

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug