Disappointments in life..

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Disappointments in life..

Postby ageing hammer on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 pm

You will pay DC :D
ageing hammer

Postby Samba on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 am

Smonnie wrote:Whilst I've a couple of decent mates now, it's sad that I'll always look back on school days negatively.

Samba wrote:You might be surprised at just how many of us do as well, mate..
Anyone that treated you badly? It's they who had problems & it's they who lost out in having a good friend, in you. It IS massively painful, at the time but, f**k them AND the past.
Lets enjoy the future!

Been thinking about my post & am bothered that I was flippant.
Our school years are still, imo, part of our formative years. Things that happen to us in those years can have a HUGE effect on us. Some of those things can & often do, stay with us for the rest of our lives.
They should be 'the best years of our lives' but very often, I know that they are the complete opposite.
Samba

Location: Playing Humm Bug & trying to hum, 'Ballroom Blitz'...

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:42 am

S-H wrote:Smonnie, the older you get, the more you'll realize it's the quality of friends you have, rather than the quantity that matters.

Bang on SH. :thup:
westham,eggyandchips

Postby chigwells finest on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:00 am

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:that I wasn't born Brad Pitt.........

when i die , i want to be reincarnated as brad pitts tongue
chigwells finest

Postby Xander on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:08 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Wish I'd pushed myself harder and not been so lazy , wish I'd had some sort of ambition , any .

Ho hum .

Yeh but being ambitious hasn't really helped me. When I had jobs (before my business), I always wanted more, to make it to the next level etc; I'd either get so far and realize I couldn't get any higher OR I'd get to a higher level and realize it was all managerial, admin BS and I'd be bored. (Admittedly having ADHD doesn't help).

On the flip side, I have friends who work in ASDA and a local warehouse and they are as happy as pigs in s***; money won't ever be great, the work isn't challenging and they love it. Personally, I would be bored shitless and wouldn't stick it for more than a month or two max.

:think:
Xander

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:21 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote: My career lasted all of 4 years .

Yet .

By the age of 33 I owned my own house outright .

And .

I'm not a Bank Robber .

You'll be OK .

I have owned my own property for 16 years, but my career is still up the swanee!
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:18 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
I have owned my own property for 16 years, but my career is still up the swanee!

A ' career ' is just another word for a ' job ' , Crouchie - throughout my life I've had a number of different jobs - if you own your own house then that's a large part of ' monies out ' disappeared - I realise there are still more bills to pay but as Mr Micawber said ' Annual income , twenty pounds , annual expenditure , nineteen pounds , nineteen shillings and sixpence , result - happiness . Annual income twenty pounds , annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six , result - misery ' .

As long as you're happy , do careers really matter that much ?
The Old Man of Storr

Previous

Return to The Snug