Dream report

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Dream report

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:55 pm

sendô wrote:
It's a glitch in the matrix.

Don't remember any cats walking past me TBH.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Another recurring bad dream I had , well , not a bad dream as such but a dream that made me feel bad was thar Jen would somehow arrange that we'd moved back to the flat in Potter's Bar we sold to move to Skye - Now it's not as if I was unhappy when we lived in Potter's Bar , in fact I had a great time during our time there but whenever I had this dream this feeling of dread would come over me , the feeling that I could never go back and live in our house on Skye left me bitterly unhappy - I love the place where we live , I wouldn't be anywhere else , not permanently anyway .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Samba on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 am

The Old Man of Storr wrote:When I was a child I slept in a room that had a window facing the front of our house and another facing the rear - I suffered these recurring nightmares whereby a witch would fly in through one and out through the other .

Did she have a very short bloke & an old man, with her...
Samba

Location: Playing Humm Bug & trying to hum, 'Ballroom Blitz'...

Postby Puff Daddy on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:57 am

Why is it I am always naked in my dreams ? It has got to the point where I think, oh not this b*llocks again. Oh yes, that and at one point, in my latest dream, my Liverpool supporting brother in law, was seen at Anfield wearing an Everton scarf
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby bubbles1966 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:12 pm

I was sent on a secret mission to blow up Hitler's dustbin once.
bubbles1966

Location: Vincent van Gogh, cut his ear off, when they asked him why he said, "what?"

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:Why is it I am always naked in my dreams ? It has got to the point where I think, oh not this b*llocks again.

There's all sorts of interpretations for dreaming you're naked in public , a sense of guilt , inferiority , embarrassment etc , thing is no one knows for certain so yeah , probably a load of old bollox . :)
The Old Man of Storr

Postby pablo jaye on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:35 pm

I once had a dream where I was playing for West Ham in the World Cup Final and I was through on goal, had beaten the keeper and had blasted the ball towards an open net. I didn’t see the ball hit the back of the onion bag as I suddenly woke up to the missus screaming - my thunderbolt of a shot, was in fact, me kicking her!!!
pablo jaye

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:11 pm

You are not Andy Carroll and your fiver is safe.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Briggsy on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:37 pm

fjthegrey wrote:For about 7-8 years, every single time I can recall a dream, a nuclear bomb goes off. Literally every time. Could be an obscure situation like surfing with Allardyce, or just pottering round my town with a family member, but you can guarantee at some point there's going to be an absolutely catastrophic explosion that destroys basically everything.

Sometimes I survive and get to traverse the post apocalyptic destruction. Often I just die and wake up.

I get this a lot. Often as you say, die and wake up. It's got to the stage that I know I'm dreaming!
Briggsy

Postby S-H on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:53 pm

I was drifting back to sleep earlier this morning, and started to dream about something, next thing I see is gas bottle on fire right next to me, before i could react.. BOOM. I physically jumped, which woke me up.
S-H

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:01 pm

what's that little "jump" your body does when you are dozing off ? wakes you up, usually preceded by you falling or tripping over something or that in your dream ?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Samba on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:10 am

S-H wrote:I was drifting back to sleep earlier this morning, and started to dream about something, next thing I see is gas bottle on fire right next to me, before i could react.. BOOM. I physically jumped, which woke me up.

The other week, I dreamt that there was a cat's bum, in my face.
Trouble was, I wasn't asleep..
Samba

Location: Playing Humm Bug & trying to hum, 'Ballroom Blitz'...

Postby Burningaham on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:56 am

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:what's that little "jump" your body does when you are dozing off ? wakes you up, usually preceded by you falling or tripping over something or that in your dream ?

It’s called hypnagogic, or something like that spelling.
Burningaham

Postby Clucking Bell on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:56 am

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:what's that little "jump" your body does when you are dozing off ? wakes you up, usually preceded by you falling or tripping over something or that in your dream ?

I get that ...... only in the summer for some reason. I also have a lot of dreams about escaping: prisons, POW camps, mazes etc. I also have this recurring dream based on that bit in The Great Escape where Dickie Attenborough and Gordon Jackson are getting on the bus and the Gestapo bloke catches them out by wishing them 'Good Luck'. I'm sort of in the Gordon Jackson role and I **** it up a couple of times and get sent back to jail before finally getting it right. At which point, I wake up ..... mildly irritated because I haven't found out whether I've escaped or not. I've had this dream so often that in the dream I now sort of know that I'm having a dream and accept that the rules of the game are such that I have to get caught by the Gestapo guy a couple of times before managing to fool him. Weird ****!
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby Puff Daddy on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:37 am

My latest one, last night, I gave this geezer with a fluffy, wispy bit of stupid beard a shave without using shaving foam and with a blunt kitchen knife. :lol: For fox sake, what was that all about ?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Monkeybubbles on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:19 am

Puff Daddy wrote:My latest one, last night, I gave this geezer with a fluffy, wispy bit of stupid beard a shave without using shaving foam and with a blunt kitchen knife. :lol: For fox sake, what was that all about ?

The fluffy, wispy beard is obviously a metaphor for your ineffectual manhood, and apparently you don't have the tools to deal with it properly.
Monkeybubbles

Postby S-H on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:27 am

That's deep..

:D
S-H

Postby smuts on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm

One Christmas I had awful Sinusitis and wasn't sleeping. Was given some strong tablets by the emergency quacks and that night I dreamt that I was in EastEnders and Billy Allen was selling exploding bed sheets in the Queen Vic in a plot to kill everyone.

I woke up 100% positive it was real and sat sobbing on the bed for about 15 minutes while my missus tried to convince me it was a dream. Soppy idiot :D
smuts

Postby prophet:marginal on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:19 pm

That my friend is your central nervous system reminding you that you are in fact an ape.

I'm serious. It is a self-defence mechanism for sleeping primates. They fall asleep with their tails twisted around a branch - high up in trees to avoid predation - and, if the tail slackens, it gets a little nudge from the central nervous system to tighten up again and prevent rolling over in bed and falling out of the tree.

I was told that by a paediatric consultant, who examined my boy, in the hours that he was first born. They have this trick, whereby they put new babes in the palms of both hands, put another pair of hands safely under those, and remove the first lot. They know its a healthy central nervous system when the other limbs all suddenly reach out, to compensate for no tail.
prophet:marginal

Postby S-H on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm

Dude, that is fascinating.
S-H

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug