Dream report

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Dream report

Postby Monkeybubbles on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am

I don't often remember my dreams, and when I do they're usually pretty dull.

Last night, though, I dreamt I was at the airport with Sam Allardyce, on our way to a surfing holiday in Portugal and we had a Barney with two Japanese blokes in WH Smiths.

Any interesting dreams, anyone?
Monkeybubbles

Re: Dream report

Postby fjthegrey on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:39 am

For about 7-8 years, every single time I can recall a dream, a nuclear bomb goes off. Literally every time. Could be an obscure situation like surfing with Allardyce, or just pottering round my town with a family member, but you can guarantee at some point there's going to be an absolutely catastrophic explosion that destroys basically everything.

Sometimes I survive and get to traverse the post apocalyptic destruction. Often I just die and wake up.
fjthegrey

Postby S-H on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:47 am

What creeps me out, is the amount of dreams I have involving faceless people.
S-H

Postby sendô on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:56 am

This should no doubt prove to be an exciting read.
sendô

Postby Monkeybubbles on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:12 am

sendô wrote:This should no doubt prove to be an exciting read.

It'll take a turn for the worse when Warp gets here
Monkeybubbles

Postby warp on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:18 am

:tune:

unfortunately, one of the downsides of a good-night-spliff is that you don’t often remember dreams. a bit like when you drink too much rum.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby brownout on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 am

Last night I was Homer Simpson, up a mountain in Russia, waiting to see Wolves play, found a load of Russian secrets whilst waiting to visit the room where the Apollo moon rockets took of from, wasn't allowed into the room because I had a reflective eye and stuffed the secrets behind a filing cabinet.
brownout

Postby Tin Hat on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 am

I have lots of dreams where I witness airplane crashes. God knows what it means, but they are not the most pleasant of dreams!
Why can't I dream of having a threesome with Rachel Riley and Jennifer Aniston instead?
Tin Hat

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:24 am

Can't remember what I was dreaming, but I do know that I dreamt I was listening to Hush by Deep Purple, which was a f*cking excellent way to start the morning, so I stuck it on the stereo and danced round the kitchen with my daughters.
DasNutNock

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:50 am

fjthegrey wrote:For about 7-8 years, every single time I can recall a dream, a nuclear bomb goes off. Literally every time.

Do you have to ahem 'clean up' when you wake ;)
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:55 am

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:
Do you have to ahem 'clean up' when you wake

:lol: thought the same thing.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:01 pm

Had a weird experience a couple of days ago. Went to a coffee shop with a colleague of mine, never been there before but had a mad feeling of déjà vu.

Realised that I'd been either in that or a very similar coffee shop in a recent dream. Even when ordering the coffees it seemed so familiar. Weirdest thing was it was an independent, 'arty' type of coffee shop, not a chain. Over at Paddington, so never seen it, or would have heard of it before being taken there.. :?
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby alkali on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:04 pm

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote:Had a weird experience a couple of days ago. Went to a coffee shop with a colleague of mine, never been there before but had a mad feeling of déjà vu.

Realised that I'd been either in that or a very similar coffee shop in a recent dream. Even when ordering the coffees it seemed so familiar. Weirdest thing was it was an independent, 'arty' type of coffee shop, not a chain. Over at Paddington, so never seen it, or would have heard of it before being taken there.. :?

There’s a strange phenomenon, often caused by tiredness where the brain places experience straight into memory without properly acknowledging it as “now”. This means you are convinced it happened in the past but can’t pin down how or when. :o
alkali

Postby vietnammer on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:47 pm

One I do recall is buying a boat from Ray Stewart, who was selling it to move to Anglesey to fight the drugs trade.

I get brief flashbacks', like deja-vu, to dreams that I know I must have had decades ago. It's not just the image, there's a feeling that accompanies it.

Often dreamt of being very high up at the old Boleyn and there being an awful long drop to the pitch and feeling scared.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby sendô on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote:Had a weird experience a couple of days ago. Went to a coffee shop with a colleague of mine, never been there before but had a mad feeling of déjà vu.

It's a glitch in the matrix.
sendô

Postby Burningaham on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 pm

warp wrote::tune:

unfortunately, one of the downsides of a good-night-spliff is that you don’t often remember dreams. a bit like when you drink too much rum.

Wait till you give it up warp - been having such vivid Technicolor dreams for a couple of months. Some really violent, mostly about my ex mrs who I’ve not seen or heard from for 20 odd years.
When I wake up I’m remembering every nasty detail, and I’m waking up more shattered than when I went to sleep.
I guess my brain is waking up after so many years being numbed by weed
Burningaham

Postby prophet:marginal on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:57 pm

We dream of falling as a little safety mechanism inherited from apes.

As for personal dreams, these come in patches; some are so vivid that I think about them for hours afterwards, but sometimes I reckon I go months without thinking about them at all.

I used to dream all the time, as a kid, about walking to school barefoot. Never understood why...
prophet:marginal

Postby iLoveLasagne on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:35 pm

My most common dreams were escaping from some sort of monster/ghost/maniac in a chase. These were genuinely exhilarating and exciting.

And my other most common dream was stressing out during my final year of GCSEs as I hadn't finished by Science/Business Studies course work and I bunked off most of the term. Similarly I dream that I am late for the first day of the new term and missed registration when we receive our timetables and I am wondering around the school by myself without any clue as to where I am meant to be. I end up exploring every inch of the school. 23 years later and I can still recollect the exact layout of all the buildings. My school related dreams always stressed me out.
iLoveLasagne

Postby 3times on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Tin Hat wrote:Why can't I dream of having a threesome with Rachel Riley and Jennifer Aniston instead?

Because I'm not giving up that place for anyone!
3times

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Tin Hat wrote:I have lots of dreams where I witness airplane crashes. God knows what it means, but they are not the most pleasant of dreams!

Where we live there's a stretch of water between us and the mainland - opposite us is the Knoydart Peninsula - every now and then we get these jets flying overhead - there was a time when I had these recurring dreams of a jet crashing in the sea in front of our house , went on for quite a while .

When I was in a coma due to sepsis I had the most vivid of dreams and nightmares - they happened over 5 years ago now but I can recall them as if they happened just last night .

When I was a child I slept in a room that had a window facing the front of our house and another facing the rear - I suffered these recurring nightmares whereby a witch would fly in through one and out through the other .
The Old Man of Storr

Next

Return to The Snug