Gout

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Gout

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:24 pm

Dover KUMB fan wrote:Cheers TOMOS, it does seem to be on its way out now. Although Naproxen wasn't very effective on me either. (Bring back Diclofenac). However, the quack is going to put me on Allopurinol for good in a few weeks once it totally goes. I would like to think that will be the end of it.

Even by taking allopurinol every day it's still possible to get gout but the odds of it happening are reduced .

Oranges used to give me gout now I can eat as many as I like and drink around 3 pints of orange juice and lemonade per night .

Next time you see your Doctor ask about Colchicine .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby DoubleDave on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Thanks for the advice TOMOS, I stopped taking the Allopurinol for a couple of days and took Naproxen instead and the gout has cleared up.
Back on the Allopurinol now.
DoubleDave

Postby Smudger1 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:30 pm

as has already been said, get yourself a punnet of cherries. Always works a treat
Smudger1

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:43 pm

DoubleDave wrote:Thanks for the advice TOMOS, I stopped taking the Allopurinol for a couple of days and took Naproxen instead and the gout has cleared up.
Back on the Allopurinol now.

:thup:
The Old Man of Storr

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Smudger1 wrote:as has already been said, get yourself a punnet of cherries. Always works a treat

I have read about the effect of cherries on gout and while it may well work for some people it isn't backed by scientific fact . I used to suffer from gout really badly but since I was taken off many medicines I was taking and gone onto allopurinol daily I've only had a flare up maybe 3 times in 5 years .

I bought a few punnets of cherries and half a dozen bottles of cherry juice from Asda but they're mainly water - I think Holland and Barratt sell cherry juice for arounf 13 quid a bottle so they might contain more juice .

Good Luck , Everyone .
The Old Man of Storr

Previous

Return to The Snug