Your Dragons' Den idea

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Your Dragons' Den idea

Postby Smonnie on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:12 pm

We've all had an idea for an invention or a business.

Often we've got no idea how to translate the concept into reality.

But if you were forced to go onto Dragons' Den, what idea would you pitch?
Smonnie

Re: Your Dragons' Den idea

Postby The Collector on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:21 pm

A small three pin plug to install lights in a ceiling rose. Amount of time I have spent trying to hold a light fitting with one hand and tighten a tiny screw with the other....
The Collector

Postby warp on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:21 pm

canned burps
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby jastons on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:41 pm

A fast food restaurant that does a full roast dinner. I'm talking sit it, drive thru - the works.
jastons

Postby Clucking Bell on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:40 am

A kitten stomper ....

More seriously, I've got a design for a scalable, modular harvesting machine that could be used for all sorts of fruits and vegetables. In a few years, I might make this my retirement project.
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby Bend it like Repka on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:46 am

Mine is such a winner, I don't know whether I should be publishing it.

A puppy rental company for single men.

A woman in my company bought a bulldog puppy a while back. One day I had to go into town with her on an errand, and she took the dog with us. Every 25 yards we'd get stopped by a woman goo gooing over the mutt. It was unbelievable. Just a magnet for female attention.

So you rent out the dogs at say £30 for 2 hours. Money back if you don't get a number, which will never happen, so no refunds to worry about.

Max 3 bookings per day for a dog, so £90 a day for doing nothing. The dogs get exercised and lots of attention so no maintenance.

I'll need the Dragons to help me build a fleet of hounds and set up the kennels etc, plus a website. Say 500 dogs spread over the country.

That's £45000 a day income. £315000 per week.

It's just a stone cold cert. The Dragons will be physically wrestling each other to get a 25% stake in such a winning idea. Debroah Meaden will be smacking Peter Jones wit her chair to stop him undercutting her offer.

I'm a genius.
Bend it like Repka

Postby only1post on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:26 am

Adapt car washes to also do dogs.
only1post

Postby Tenbury on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:16 am

^^ available in West Cornwall about 15 years ago!! (Honest!).
Tenbury

Postby -DL- on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:47 am

Cat's arse flavoured cat food.
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby sussexhammer74 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 am

An electric shocker wired to Sullivan's and gold's bollox and somewhere on brady (you decide).

Whenever some one in the world utters or types their name, the invention would send 1,000,000 watts pulsating through their bits.

The dragons can have a 99% share in the business if they want.
sussexhammer74

Postby last.caress on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:10 am

Edible mattresses. A variety of options: Yorkshire pudding, victoria sponge, raspberry jelly, olive bread, haloumi, rice crispie squares etc. Catering to the swingers market. For people hosting an event who want to offer their guests something to eat without requiring any of them to get off the bed. :thup:
last.caress
Extreme w*nker

Location: Se incontri L'ultima.carezza, prega per la tua morte.

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:26 am

I invented (in my mind) Walker's Snack-A-Jacks at least 5 years before they hit the shelves. Seemed an obvious money-maker - take some puffed corn, "glue" it together with some sugar and machine it into bars and cakes, and market them to fat middle-aged women as a "health" snack.
DasNutNock

Postby Monkeybubbles on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:26 am

Years ago I played in a band and we had t shirts made that looked like 60s and 70s football shirts. We sold shed loads of them, far far more than the popularity of the band would suggest.

I thought it would be a good idea to start selling 'proper' retro shirts, even got some backing from a couple of investors. In the end I jacked it off because I was gonna be a rock star.

Fast forward a couple of years, and Toffs and Scoredraw made an absolute packet from the same idea. Those ****s are bathing in dolphin milk now, hope they ****ing drown. I'm not bitter.

I'm not expecting another ligh bulb moment any time soon.
Monkeybubbles

Postby Monkeybubbles on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:27 am

DasNutNock wrote:I invented (in my mind) Walker's Snack-A-Jacks at least 5 years before they hit the shelves. Seemed an obvious money-maker - take some puffed corn, "glue" it together with some sugar and machine it into bars and cakes, and market them to fat middle-aged women as a "health" snack.

Don't be dissing fat middle-aged women. It's all I've got left.
Monkeybubbles

Postby Tenbury on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:26 pm

It's all some of us have ever had.
Tenbury

Postby Hammer.CA on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:02 pm

sussexhammer74 wrote:An electric shocker wired to Sullivan's and gold's bollox and somewhere on brady (you decide).

Whenever some one in the world utters or types their name, the invention would send 1,000,000 watts pulsating through their bits.

The dragons can have a 99% share in the business if they want.

I'm in.
Hammer.CA

Postby Hammer.CA on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:13 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:Years ago I played in a band and we had t shirts made that looked like 60s and 70s football shirts. We sold shed loads of them, far far more than the popularity of the band would suggest.

I thought it would be a good idea to start selling 'proper' retro shirts, even got some backing from a couple of investors. In the end I jacked it off because I was gonna be a rock star.

Fast forward a couple of years, and Toffs and Scoredraw made an absolute packet from the same idea. Those ****s are bathing in dolphin milk now, hope they ****ing drown. I'm not bitter.

I'm not expecting another light bulb moment any time soon.

The first person who started selling them commercially through football magazines and shops, I don't know if it was before or after you, was a young lady in Leeds, her company was called Screeching Parrot and she was on the scene a good while before TOFFS. I met her, she was very decent, she'd done fashion design at university. Her shirts were excellent quality which she started off making herself. She met the guy from TOFFS which was on the pretence of him working alongside her but he got all of the information and he just started up on his own as he had the money to invest and she didn't. Maybe she was a bit naive but she seemed quite a straight sort to me, the guy who ran TOFFS on the other hand was a horrible so and so in my opinion. I met him when I used to supply SV Hamburg and it was agreed after I introduced him to the buyer at the time that he would supply them with retro shirts but they weren't allowed to sell them anywhere else, he didn't stick to the deal at all.
Hammer.CA

Postby Hammer.CA on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:19 pm

I've actually appeared on the show, the Canadian version. A good friend of mine decided to go along to the auditions where he lived at the last moment, his proposal was to take anglers from Europe to fish in Ontario in their down time. He got on but the evening before he was go down to CBC in Toronto and record the show he got cold feet. His wife called me and asked me to try and change his mind, he did but only on the condition that I went with him on TV, unfortunately I agreed. I kept asking to make sure he'd got all his facts and figures "Of course I have" when we went up before the Dragons they pulled him to pieces and he ended up in a row with one of them.
Not one my favourite memories of Canada. :oops:
Hammer.CA

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:29 pm

DasNutNock

Postby Rocket on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:28 pm

BilR, you'd better get your skates on as one of my colleagues mentioned the exact same idea to me today.
Rocket

Next

Return to The Snug