Your Dragons' Den idea

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Your Dragons' Den idea

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:46 pm

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote:Did they get the investment for the umbrella vending machine? I was about 12 at the time so doubt I could have scrapped enough together!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Ejogo

Yeah, was the first ever episode, apparently.
DasNutNock

Postby badabing on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:13 pm

An ACME style boxing glove on a spring to be installed above tube train doors for those helmets who insist on jamming their feet or bags in as the doors are closing, thus delaying every one on board.
The driver can have a button in his cab to press, which delivers a ramrod jab dispatching said helmet all over the platform.
badabing

Postby Francoisvander or else on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Came (not literally :D ) across this new business venture opening up in Southend in a few weeks, can't beleive there will be takers for it to be sustainable!

https://www.dollydating.com/book-online
Francoisvander or else

Postby Rocket on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:37 pm

HammerMan2004 wrote:Opening somewhere in central London where you can have a 30/45-minute power nap on your lunch break.

I was so sick of getting up early, working like a bitch in a stuffy office, then getting trains home that were then always delayed. A little power nap would have probably helped.

You'd just have to figure out how to keep couples out of the pods/recliners/sofas whatever else the facility had to sleep on.

I work from home now and just use my own bed. It's great.

Offices in Canary Wharf have these.
Rocket

Postby pablo jaye on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:When I was a just a boy, which was a very long time ago, I remember watching a tennis match at Wimbledon, on Centre court, get rained off. When I went to bed that night, I thought why don't they invent a retractable, sliding roof to cover football stadiums, for when it rains ? I did absolutely nothing about it, didn't even draw up a single plan, because:-

a) I never was any good at art
b) I hadn't the faintest notion how it would work, other than it would slide out of both ends of the stadium roof, slide towards the centre and join up in the middle and would eventually, cover the entire pitch
c) I thought it can't be as simple as that, otherwise somebody else would have thought of it
d) As regards patenting, I was only about 11 years old at the time and didn't even think you had to patent an idea

#.. but imagine if I had ?....... as about 40 years later, somebody did

Similarly, when I was a boy, I got my first Walkman and thought it would be a great idea if you could get all of your music onto one small portable machine. I had trouble working out how you would shrink a jukebox down to something you could put in your pocket. A shame that I was only a ‘concept’ type of person .....
pablo jaye

Postby chigwells finest on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 pm

badabing wrote:An ACME style boxing glove on a spring to be installed above tube train doors for those helmets who insist on jamming their feet or bags in as the doors are closing, thus delaying every one on board.
The driver can have a button in his cab to press, which delivers a ramrod jab dispatching said helmet all over the platform.

how about one, when nobody moves out of the way to let people off the thing first
chigwells finest

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Francoisvander or else wrote:Came (not literally :D ) across this new business venture opening up in Southend in a few weeks, can't beleive there will be takers for it to be sustainable!

https://www.dollydating.com/book-online" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh yeah? Just having a surf on the internet, were you? And just happened to stumble on a website renting sex dolls? Yeah, sounds very likely.
DasNutNock

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:53 am

Francoisvander or else wrote:Came (not literally :D ) across this new business venture opening up in Southend in a few weeks, can't beleive there will be takers for it to be sustainable!

https://www.dollydating.com/book-online" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just booked an hour and a half with Casey - takes me that long to take my trousers off .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Samba on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:11 am

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Just booked an hour and a half with Casey - takes me that long to take my trousers off .

:lol:
I don't like keep on reading, 'deposit'.
Sounds a bit messy...
Samba

Location: Playing Humm Bug & trying to hum, 'Ballroom Blitz'...

Postby Rio on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:29 pm

A new dating app called Heartstring which reads the stored music on your phone and bases matches around that. 3 songs are more that are similar. Bang it's match
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby last.caress on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Rio wrote:A new dating app called Heartstring which reads the stored music on your phone and bases matches around that. 3 songs are more that are similar. Bang it's match

You'd end up married to Prawn Sandwich. :)
last.caress
Extreme w*nker

Location: Se incontri L'ultima.carezza, prega per la tua morte.

Previous

Return to The Snug