Rolex

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Rolex

Postby Czech Hammer on Mon May 06, 2019 9:25 pm

Evening all

I have 2 Rolexes for sale and was hoping for some advice.

I want as much for them as possible, obviously, so I don't really want to go down the Hatton Garden route of selling to someone who is going to sell them on.

I have tried eBay, and found that all this provides me with is time waster after time waster.

Any advice would be gratefully received
Czech Hammer

Re: Rolex

Postby Hammersfaniow on Mon May 06, 2019 10:12 pm

There’s plenty of auction places that do free valuation days, might be worth trying
Hammersfaniow

Postby DasNutNock on Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 pm

Bloke at work is close bud with some guy who runs some sort of expensive watch blog, whatever the **** that is, and he gets hold of well-priced limited watches (Rolexes, mostly) all the time, mostly in the £3-10k range as far as I'm aware. If you want to PM me the details, I can pass them on, see if he's got any advice?
DasNutNock

Postby jastons on Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Czech Hammer wrote:I have tried eBay, and found that all this provides me with is time waster after time waster.

There is a joke in there somewhere :lol:
jastons

Postby RichieRiv on Tue May 07, 2019 6:24 am

If you are selling privately then I would use Chrono24. They hold the money in Escrow so that both buyer and seller are protected. They also offer a secure courier service.They charge 6.5% commission up to a maximum of $299. A mate of mine uses them to sell and it's all legit.

Failing that an on the basis that you don't mind losing a bit then try jewellers. No good in the Czech republic but there are w couple in Bethnal Green and Billericay that buy and sell.

Don't bother with Watchfinder, they offer terrible money.

Professional stainless steel watches; Sub, GMT, Daytona, Deep sea are going for £££ on the grey market.

Non professional watches like air kings and datejusts arent commanding the money.

It is alleged that Rolex are limiting supply as they try and suppress the grey market, but this is having the opposite effect and driving prices up.

Watches of Switzerland are even holding onto warranty cards for 12 months to prevent resellers.
RichieRiv

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Tue May 07, 2019 10:10 am

Czech Hammer wrote:Evening all

I have 2 Rolexes for sale and was hoping for some advice.

I want as much for them as possible, obviously, so I don't really want to go down the Hatton Garden route of selling to someone who is going to sell them on.

I have tried eBay, and found that all this provides me with is time waster after time waster.

Any advice would be gratefully received

I am looking for one for the mrs - can you send me a photo of them both and will you sell them individually ?
psychoscoredthelot

Postby RichieRiv on Tue May 07, 2019 11:30 am

The best value brand new Rolex can be found at Heathrow, where you can get 18% off the RRP. Rolex's always sell at RRP. You do have to be flying out of the EU however. Buy any other brand and it doesnt matter you'll get 18%.

If you're going onto the grey market make sure it comes with an original box and papers. Don't touch any without.
RichieRiv

Postby Czech Hammer on Wed May 08, 2019 10:09 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Bloke at work is close bud with some guy who runs some sort of expensive watch blog, whatever the **** that is, and he gets hold of well-priced limited watches (Rolexes, mostly) all the time, mostly in the £3-10k range as far as I'm aware. If you want to PM me the details, I can pass them on, see if he's got any advice?

Thank you for your help. I will get the relevant info together and get back to you.
Czech Hammer

Postby Czech Hammer on Wed May 08, 2019 10:10 pm

psychoscoredthelot wrote:
I am looking for one for the mrs - can you send me a photo of them both and will you sell them individually ?

Hello Sir, I have DM'd you. Can be sold individually, for sure.
Czech Hammer

Postby Clacton-ammer on Thu May 09, 2019 7:21 am

Czech, I have a bit of watch fetish so can echo Richies comments, particularly about Chrono24.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby RichieRiv on Fri May 10, 2019 6:16 am

Horology please Clackers.
RichieRiv

Postby Clacton-ammer on Fri May 10, 2019 8:02 am

RichieRiv wrote:Horology please Clackers.

Sorry old bean, I didn't think the riff raff would understand, we are a secretive/selective bunch as you know.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby the pink palermo on Fri May 10, 2019 9:27 am

RichieRiv wrote:It is alleged that Rolex are limiting supply.

Believe me, they are a double naughty company, along with almost everyone else in the Swiss watch industry.

Anti Competitive ? Not much .....
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Return to The Snug