Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby mental hamster666 on Fri May 10, 2019 7:42 am

Got an email from zavvi/MasterCard yesterday, saying I had won tickets to champions League final, flights, hotel etc. I checked the email wasn't spam, nope, it was all ok.
Didn't really believe it anyway, as I hadn't used zavvi in years.
Anyway, as you do, mind started racing. If I take the wife to Madrid, I could head out and find some desperate scousers that wanna buy a pair of tickets for silly money.
But then I thought, Jesus, the flights, hotel, city will be full of pissed up, spurs and Liverpool supporters, wouldn't bear thinking about.
Fortunately I didn't win it, zavvi had emailed all their customers saying they had won.
Bet there was several suicidal spurs and Liverpool supporters when they realised they hadn't actually won.
User avatar
mental hamster666
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 pm
Location: Long Beach Arena,Bangor,N.I.

Re: Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby Clacton-ammer on Fri May 10, 2019 8:01 am

My missus got the same e-mails.

I would have gone, never been to a CL final, would have been an experience!
User avatar
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
 
Posts: 11203
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:28 am

Re: Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby White Goodman on Fri May 10, 2019 2:30 pm

mental hamster666 wrote:Got an email from zavvi/MasterCard yesterday, saying I had won tickets to champions League final, flights, hotel etc. I checked the email wasn't spam, nope, it was all ok.
Didn't really believe it anyway, as I hadn't used zavvi in years.
Anyway, as you do, mind started racing. If I take the wife to Madrid, I could head out and find some desperate scousers that wanna buy a pair of tickets for silly money.
But then I thought, Jesus, the flights, hotel, city will be full of pissed up, spurs and Liverpool supporters, wouldn't bear thinking about.
Fortunately I didn't win it, zavvi had emailed all their customers saying they had won.
Bet there was several suicidal spurs and Liverpool supporters when they realised they hadn't actually won.


Like the Liverpool fans will buy tickets. they'll just steal them off kids like before.

The cheeky scamps.
User avatar
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
 
Posts: 16196
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: Listening to Blaxploitation music on the train

Re: Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Sat May 11, 2019 7:39 am

Clacton-ammer wrote:My missus got the same e-mails.

I would have gone, never been to a CL final, would have been an experience!


From what I've read. there'll be more fans of other clubs than fans of the clubs that are actually playing!!
User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
 
Posts: 14489
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Taking a walk with Anita Fifa...

Re: Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat May 11, 2019 9:57 am

White Goodman wrote:
Like the Liverpool fans will buy tickets. they'll just steal them off kids like before.

The cheeky scamps.


That'll be before they throw people into a fountain for fun .

Everything Liverpool do is fine by the Media , whether it's their players blatantly cheating by throwing themselves to the floor or their fans attacking the Manchester City Team Bus .


User avatar
The Old Man of Storr
 
Posts: 18443
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Lost In the Recesses Of My Mind .

Re: Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby White Goodman on Sat May 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Yep TOMOS, they have been given very few tickets for the final. You can almost guarantee that there will be significant bunking in attempts, theft of tickets etc.
User avatar
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
 
Posts: 16196
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: Listening to Blaxploitation music on the train

Re: Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby DasNutNock on Sat May 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Anyone see that clip doing the rounds of the action behind the goal when Liverpool scored their 5th the other night, and they all stood up out of their wheelchairs to celebrate? Where there's a will...
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby White Goodman on Sat May 11, 2019 6:55 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Anyone see that clip doing the rounds of the action behind the goal when Liverpool scored their 5th the other night, and they all stood up out of their wheelchairs to celebrate? Where there's a will...


Proper Andy Pipkin
User avatar
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
 
Posts: 16196
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: Listening to Blaxploitation music on the train

Re: Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Tue May 21, 2019 1:04 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Anyone see that clip doing the rounds of the action behind the goal when Liverpool scored their 5th the other night, and they all stood up out of their wheelchairs to celebrate? Where there's a will...


That was unbelievable!

Still, those cheeky Scouse scamps will do anything to watch their team play live. Anyone else pulling the same stunt though...............................
User avatar
Eggs'n'nuts
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:10 pm
Location: Strolling, just strolling.

Re: Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Tue May 21, 2019 1:20 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Anyone see that clip doing the rounds of the action behind the goal when Liverpool scored their 5th the other night, and they all stood up out of their wheelchairs to celebrate? Where there's a will...


I don't believe in god but that was definitely a miracle Alf Garnett would have been proud of.
User avatar
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
 
Posts: 14674
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:29 am
Location: The oil drum in the Garden of England


Return to The Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alf git and 7 guests

cron





Fatal error: ./cache/ is NOT writable. in /web/sites/kumb/kumb.com/forum/includes/acm/acm_file.php on line 103