Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby mental hamster666 on Fri May 10, 2019 7:42 am

Got an email from zavvi/MasterCard yesterday, saying I had won tickets to champions League final, flights, hotel etc. I checked the email wasn't spam, nope, it was all ok.
Didn't really believe it anyway, as I hadn't used zavvi in years.
Anyway, as you do, mind started racing. If I take the wife to Madrid, I could head out and find some desperate scousers that wanna buy a pair of tickets for silly money.
But then I thought, Jesus, the flights, hotel, city will be full of pissed up, spurs and Liverpool supporters, wouldn't bear thinking about.
Fortunately I didn't win it, zavvi had emailed all their customers saying they had won.
Bet there was several suicidal spurs and Liverpool supporters when they realised they hadn't actually won.
mental hamster666

Re: Oh well, what a pity, nevermind....

Postby Clacton-ammer on Fri May 10, 2019 8:01 am

My missus got the same e-mails.

I would have gone, never been to a CL final, would have been an experience!
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby White Goodman on Fri May 10, 2019 2:30 pm

mental hamster666 wrote:Got an email from zavvi/MasterCard yesterday, saying I had won tickets to champions League final, flights, hotel etc. I checked the email wasn't spam, nope, it was all ok.
Didn't really believe it anyway, as I hadn't used zavvi in years.
Anyway, as you do, mind started racing. If I take the wife to Madrid, I could head out and find some desperate scousers that wanna buy a pair of tickets for silly money.
But then I thought, Jesus, the flights, hotel, city will be full of pissed up, spurs and Liverpool supporters, wouldn't bear thinking about.
Fortunately I didn't win it, zavvi had emailed all their customers saying they had won.
Bet there was several suicidal spurs and Liverpool supporters when they realised they hadn't actually won.

Like the Liverpool fans will buy tickets. they'll just steal them off kids like before.

The cheeky scamps.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Sat May 11, 2019 7:39 am

Clacton-ammer wrote:My missus got the same e-mails.

I would have gone, never been to a CL final, would have been an experience!

From what I've read. there'll be more fans of other clubs than fans of the clubs that are actually playing!!
westham,eggyandchips

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat May 11, 2019 9:57 am

White Goodman wrote:
Like the Liverpool fans will buy tickets. they'll just steal them off kids like before.

The cheeky scamps.

That'll be before they throw people into a fountain for fun .

Everything Liverpool do is fine by the Media , whether it's their players blatantly cheating by throwing themselves to the floor or their fans attacking the Manchester City Team Bus .

The Old Man of Storr

Postby White Goodman on Sat May 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Yep TOMOS, they have been given very few tickets for the final. You can almost guarantee that there will be significant bunking in attempts, theft of tickets etc.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Postby DasNutNock on Sat May 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Anyone see that clip doing the rounds of the action behind the goal when Liverpool scored their 5th the other night, and they all stood up out of their wheelchairs to celebrate? Where there's a will...
DasNutNock

Postby White Goodman on Sat May 11, 2019 6:55 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Anyone see that clip doing the rounds of the action behind the goal when Liverpool scored their 5th the other night, and they all stood up out of their wheelchairs to celebrate? Where there's a will...

Proper Andy Pipkin
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Return to The Snug