Gas BBQ question

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Gas BBQ question

Postby jastons on Mon May 13, 2019 5:03 pm

I've just found out I'm getting a Weber compact for my birthday on Saturday. Excited is an under statement :scarfer:
jastons

Postby FreeWheeling on Mon May 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:
What nonsense.

We have a gas BBQ, pretty sure it was from B+Q or Homebase and I know we paid less than £200 - about 8 years ago! Been used every summer and not a trace of rust anywhere, good as the day it was bought.

Going by experience, I have had some right pieces of crap
Hence why I went out and got a Weber
FreeWheeling

Postby Whitters on Tue May 14, 2019 10:35 am

We bought our first Weber 15 years ago and it was still going strong without a trace of rust on the body last year when we upgraded it for a bigger and better model, again another Weber.

We use ours all year round.....I'm happily out there doing steaks and grilled veg even when there's a foot of snow in the garden in January.

And yes, I'm not going to dispute that a charcoal-based BBQ tastes that little bit better, but I love that I can just fire it up on the spur of the moment and be cooking five minutes later, and it's always better than what I can do in a pan on the hob.
Whitters

Postby jastons on Tue May 14, 2019 10:44 am

What thermometers do people recommend?
jastons

Previous

Return to The Snug