Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1521 likes

Re: Trump mocks disabled journalist

Post by Turns to Stone »

paulthebubble wrote: As far as video evidence-I'm glad you aren't on the referee review panel. Kouyate would be banned until X-mas.
I would imagine the fact that one was in a rally and the other on a football pitch would make a big difference to the judgement on Kouyate's tackle.

I'd like to think that if Garima from accounts payable made a two-footed tackle on me in the office, it would be looked at quite differently than if a footballer did it during a game.

From the footage I've seen, the woman is getting on with her job, the man grabs her arm and pulls her back. If you did it on a train or in the street to someone it would be assault. I don't see what anyone would have a problem with.
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

This reporter has cried wolf before. If this had been another candidate the reporting would have been minimal or not reported at all. The press in septic land is as corrupt as the politicians. They don't report the news nor investigate. They only report (give opinions) on stories that fit their agenda. Murdoch owns Fox and the Saudis have a share too. NBC/MSNBC are owned by Comcast who are pro-Skilary.
There has been NOTHING in the news about the gas attacks against the Kurds in Aleppo, nothing reported about the 400 arrests in front of the Capitol in Washington. They were protesting for voting rights. In Colorado they did away with the election altogether. One million not allowed to vote-just the 40 party insiders who voted for Cruz. The establishing hacks are spinning this as playing by the rules. People are fed up with the lies and corruption.
Ron Paul said the Americans are not allowed to vote yet they go start a war in Iraq to establish democracy and the right to vote. At one of the earlier debates, the topic was Syria and Russia. All the Republican candidates, except Rand Paul and Trump, were in favor of 'standing up to Putin', against 'naked aggression by Russia'. They are all Neocons or influenced by that dangerous philosophy. Trump said he could work with Putin to take out ISIS. Hilary is also a Neocon. Sanders is not.
The establishment doesn't want Trump to upset their golden applecart and the Neocons want to continue their policy of 'regime change' and destabilization. They'll do anything and everything they can to stop him.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Turns to Stone wrote:I'd like to think that if Garima from accounts payable made a two-footed tackle on me in the office, it would be looked at quite differently than if a footballer did it during a game.
i thought that too, but apparently not!
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

Trump is a fool peddling sound bites, sound bites he knows will get a reaction. If you actually watched the link I posted last week, you will see he flipped several times just like I said.

Trump will not be President because of Trump & nothing else. If this is a serious tilt at the White House, which I never have believed & never will we will all be dead within 6 months.

He has no negotiating skills whatsoever & Putin would see right through him as would every other world leader, he has already shown his great diplomacy attacking America's 3 closest allies, the UK, Canada & France. Along with pretty much every minority group & some here in the US.

Trump is playing the ultimate trolling campaign & his end game is all about getting Hilary in the White House.

Seems both candidates are starting to be seen for who they really are, con artists, nothing more & nothing less.

Sanders may very well be the next President, I had quite liked Rand Paul, but we all know how that ended.

And no I am not swayed by any media, I am basing my opinions squarely on interviews & videos of both Trump & Clinton that I have actually taken the time to watch.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

paulthebubble wrote:Michelle Fields' assault claims history
In which she's referred to as 'the bitch'? I'm not entirely convinced that's going to be a balanced and accurate account...
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

Democracy?

http://www.denverpost.com/editorials/ci ... ial-caucus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

paulthebubble wrote:Democracy?

http://www.denverpost.com/editorials/ci ... ial-caucus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Corruption is rife over here in both parties, never said otherwise but Trump most certainly isn't the answer.

The only thing that needs to happen, is big money being taken back out of politics & getting the US back to what it used to stand for.

For the people, by the people, it really is that simple.
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

Another good article...
http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/will-trump-b ... eland-too/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

Charges were dropped against Trump's campaign manager.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

And someone else is now suing him for libel, for $4 million.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Listening to 5Live the other day they went through what all the presidential candidates (on both sides) had spent on their campaigns so far.

Trump was the lowest by a country mile (c.$35m iirc). Hilary and her oppo (name escapes me) have both spend in the region of $120m. I think Cruz was at about $100m.
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

...and Trump has spent his own money. No one to answer to except the people.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

(no Trump lover for sure but....) Obama in his last address to the press mocked Trump for his lack of international experience citing sarcastically that Trump had dealt with countries like Sweden and Azerbaijian. Chortles from the assembled Democrats. Couldn't any of his advisors warn him against trivialising other countries' importance?
Le Rascal de Boleyn
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Le Rascal de Boleyn »

vietnammer wrote:(no Trump lover for sure but....) Obama in his last address to the press mocked Trump for his lack of international experience citing sarcastically that Trump had dealt with countries like Sweden and Azerbaijian. Chortles from the assembled Democrats. Couldn't any of his advisors warn him against trivialising other countries' importance?
Think you missed the context of that comment Viet. It was "The Republican establishment is incredulous that he's their most likely nominee. They say Donald lacks the foreign policy experience to be president. But in fairness he has spent years meeting with leaders from around the world: Miss Sweden, Miss Argentina, Miss Azerbaijan.". Don't think it's a diss of the countries. Definitely just a Donald dig....No?

Thought he had quite a few good one liners. The below just a couple.

"Foreign leaders they have been looking ahead, anticipating my departure. Last week, Prince George showed up to our meeting in his bathrobe. That was a slap in the face. A clear breach of protocol."

"While in England, I did have lunch with her Majesty the Queen. Took in a performance of Shakespeare, hit the links with David Cameron. Just in case anybody is still debating if I'm black enough, I think that settles the debate."

The comedian following him, Larry Wilmore, was very hit n miss. Making quite a few very unveiled digs at the media that did't go down well. Pundits talking in the studio afterwards saying that the attack on the media was probably more his intention. Citing his Comedy Central colleagues (Stewart, Colbert, etc) ever-present intentions to pull up the mass media on what a **** job they do.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 233 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

paulthebubble wrote:...and Trump has spent his own money. No one to answer to except the people.
A quasi-truth: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... aign-sort/

And that won't be sustainable going forward, nor will be figuring-it-out-as-you-go along planning: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/artic ... te-vetting
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

paulthebubble wrote:Another good article...
http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/will-trump-b ... eland-too/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Are you familiar with the author of this article? Pat Buchanan is another right wing extremist with his own/agenda history. Still feels the only thing his former boss Nixon did wrong was get caught.

Trump and his surrogates are doing their best to distort the process that was in place long before he announced he was running. The rules aren't being changed, they are being kept the same. Should the RNC have been committed to derailing Trump there are many ways it could have been done now. As one GOP Senator pointed out, if the RNC was rigging the election they sure wouldn't have ended up with it being a choice between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz.

The press is complicit in this as well with their unwillingness to explain the process, but that's not nearly as good for ratings as all the nonsense they focus on.

And with Trump supporters you are talking about a group that is uninterested in the details of how anything works. They just enjoy being angry, scapegoating people who are different than they are, and hearing simplistic solutions to complex questions.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

window74 wrote:Trump is a fool peddling sound bites, sound bites he knows will get a reaction. If you actually watched the link I posted last week, you will see he flipped several times just like I said.

Trump will not be President because of Trump & nothing else. If this is a serious tilt at the White House, which I never have believed & never will we will all be dead within 6 months.

He has no negotiating skills whatsoever & Putin would see right through him as would every other world leader, he has already shown his great diplomacy attacking America's 3 closest allies, the UK, Canada & France. Along with pretty much every minority group & some here in the US.

Trump is playing the ultimate trolling campaign & his end game is all about getting Hilary in the White House.

Seems both candidates are starting to be seen for who they really are, con artists, nothing more & nothing less.

Sanders may very well be the next President, I had quite liked Rand Paul, but we all know how that ended.

And no I am not swayed by any media, I am basing my opinions squarely on interviews & videos of both Trump & Clinton that I have actually taken the time to watch.
Agree with your assessment of Trump and his campaign's m.o. but disagree that his end game is for Hillary to get elected. He wants to win period. It's all about his ego and a need to triumph, even though he's relatively clueless about the position he's after. He genuinely believes that once he wins that he'd be able to figure it out on the fly.

On his own he can't win. Based on current dynamics he would have his ass handed to him on both popular and electoral votes. It would take a major hit to Hillary, one with a clear smoking gun, for her to lose. And a bunch of Republican running around askng the Pentagon to speculate about Benghazi isn't goint to get close to that threshold. If the FBI indicts her on her email server, then that is a separate discussion. But that would need to be based on willful misconduct and not some misinterpretation of administrative rules.

Bernie is a nice old fella. Not remotely electable. Maybe against Trump, but he's pretty much maxed out at this point. His is also a politics of blame (for him not dirty foreigners it's the evil rich) - a strategy that can only take you so far. He, like Trump, have touched upon issues that will motivate segments of the voting population, issues that should not be ignored, but on its own it's not a mandate.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

For those unfamilar with where Trump came from, here is nice backgrounder on one his main influences during his formative years:
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... thy-213799
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Le Rascal de Boleyn wrote:Think you missed the context of that comment
Yep you're right :oops:
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »