Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Re: Trump

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Dan1326 wrote:Merkel is the most dangerous person in politics since adolf hitler
Nah, Kim Jong Un has that accolade I think.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1852 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The FBI have confirmed they're investigating links between Trump's campaign and Russia, and have also categorically denied they tapped Trump Towers or that they asked GCHQ to tap on their behalf.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 233 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Looking forward to the apology for the unfounded and defamatory comments that Trump and Spicer made about one of their allies.

Is that politics these days. Say what you like and f*** the facts. If you don't like something call it fake news and reference Hilary on her period. Great stuff. Well done, America on electing an 8 year-old.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Dan1326 wrote:Merkel is the most dangerous person in politics since adolf hitler
Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Nah, Kim Jong Un has that accolade I think.
Yep - Storyville (BBC4 10pm tonight) looks interesting :)
Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

I'm afraid more than half of the Americans who voted, are not in a position to accept Turns to stone's "Well done, America on electing an 8 year-old." That accolade belongs only to the 47% (or whatever it was) that actually voted for him.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Turns to Stone wrote:Looking forward to the apology for the unfounded and defamatory comments that Trump and Spicer made about one of their allies.

Is that politics these days. Say what you like and **** the facts. If you don't like something call it fake news and reference Hilary on her period. Great stuff. Well done, America on electing an 8 year-old.
Seriously? A) you don't think the USA spies on it's allies? B) you think they will ever apologise for anything?

Remember this is the Country that committed the biggest war crime in human history "war crime - attacking unarmed civilians for military gain" using nuclear weapons to do it, and yet they have never once apologised ....

Don't expect an '8 year old' to admit to anything when none of his predecessors ever have .....
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Turns to Stone wrote:Looking forward to the apology for the unfounded and defamatory comments that Trump and Spicer made about one of their allies.

Is that politics these days. Say what you like and **** the facts. If you don't like something call it fake news and reference Hilary on her period. Great stuff. Well done, America on electing an 8 year-old.
An insult to 8 year olds everywhere.
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

Seriously ironworks, if you are referring to Hiroshima it saved more lives than those who died.

Germany was close to developing a nuke don't you think they would have bombed London with it and also the Japanese contrivened the Geneva convention how many times
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Dan1326 wrote:Seriously ironworks, if you are referring to Hiroshima it saved more lives than those who died.

Germany was close to developing a nuke don't you think they would have bombed London with it and also the Japanese contrivened the Geneva convention how many times
He is but, my wrong is better than your wrong is a very weak argument
Dan1326

Post by Dan1326 »

Where did I say our's was wrong?

I said ours actually saved more lives. Saving more lives is better than saving fewer lives unless what you are saying is Japanese and German lives mean more than US and British lives

My argument is human life is equal therefore saving more lives is the best thing to do
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

Dan1326 wrote:Seriously ironworks, if you are referring to Hiroshima it saved more lives than those who died.

Japan was bombed after Germany had surrendered.
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

Japan refused to surrender. It wasn't in their nature otherwise they wouldn't of used kamikaze pilots.

It seems another group are using the same tactics and I wonder how long you wait until you send them a message?
Dan1326

Post by Dan1326 »

billybondsballbag wrote: Japan was bombed after Germany had surrendered.
Obviously

What's your point?

Just to clarify the slow

Whoever developed the atom bomb first would have used it

'Appy 'Ammer has put my second point as clearly as I could
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 662 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Back on topic please
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Dan1326 wrote: Just to clarify the slow

Whoever developed the atom bomb first would have used it

'Appy 'Ammer has put my second point as clearly as I could
Another point is that the Americans were desperate to end the war with Japan before the Russians could
get fully involved (Stalin did actually declare war on the Japanese and later tried to muscle-in on the
occupation of Japan)
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

uptonparkhurst wrote:Stalin did actually declare war on the Japanese and later tried to muscle-in on the
occupation of Japan)
Technically they're still at war as they never signed a peace treaty. There's still a dispute over the Kuril Islands and Russia's control of them, which the Japanese feel should have been given back to them.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

The great dealmaker failing miserably on his first real test. The "repeal and replace Obamacare on Day 1" crusade not doing too well. Can't get the votes in the House for a bill that is already DOA in the Senate. Amateur hour as he makes promises to House members who aren't dumb enough to believe that Trump has any hope of getting those provisions through the Senate.

But no problem. It's almost the weekend so he'll be able to take his mind off things with some more golf.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

bitter-iron-ny wrote:The great dealmaker failing miserably on his first real test. The "repeal and replace Obamacare on Day 1" crusade not doing too well. Can't get the votes in the House for a bill that is already DOA in the Senate. Amateur hour as he makes promises to House members who aren't dumb enough to believe that Trump has any hope of getting those provisions through the Senate.

But no problem. It's almost the weekend so he'll be able to take his mind off things with some more golf.
I don't think people give a **** giving the events of the 36 hours.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

RichieRiv wrote:I don't think people give a **** giving the events of the 36 hours.
I wholeheartedly appreciate that sentiment, especially so having lived through 9-11 in my neighborhood, I had not thought that posting on subjects other than attack was out of bounds. Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone by doing so.
Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

I realize that many if not all of the KUMB community that is UK based, may not at this time be interested in the goings on in Washington DC as they relate to U.S. Healthcare right now, but this is a Trump thread. Trump's first major attempt at governing without an executive order has failed. This has nothing to do with Republicans vs. Democrats, he could not get enough Republicans to do what he wanted.