Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Re: Trump

Post by PF. »

fjthegrey wrote: This is astonishing.
I want to write that I am amazed by the consistent disregard for international relations, however sadly, I'm not amazed at all. I'm half-expecting him to turn up in Dublin and proclaim NI as belonging to ROI, effective January 1st.

Although, I doubt the cash passing through his administration doesn't meet that of Saudi or Israel.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

People have run out of words to describe Trump and his corporate presidency. He is doing what his masters tell him to do...he doesn’t come up with these ideas all by himself....dark agenda driven by far more powerful people. How else can it be explained that a moron living such a charmed existence can get away with the madness that he does. I seem to remember a number of Americans using the rationale to justify their vote for him as “Trump is emptying the swamp” ...such is the irony. By now, if he wasn’t being protected from on high, he would have had the dogs set loose on him...I have absolutely no doubts he will be a 2 term president...and will win the next one by a bigger majority...even without the help of Putin.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Gerblatz wrote:..I have absolutely no doubts he will be a 2 term president...and will win the next one by a bigger majority...even without the help of Putin.
The way he's going the world won't exist in three years time!
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by smuts »

He won't be happy till he's got everyone nuking each other.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

There's a lot of money to be made in global unrest I suppose.
Gerblatz

Post by Gerblatz »

hammerdivone wrote:
It will...I tend to see what is playing out at the moment as a pantomime...gone are the days of games of chess and strategic posturing, now its with handbags. The ones I get more concerned about, are the ones that go about their business quietly...no threats, no indication of what is going on until it’s in place. For me, these represent far more of a danger.
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3194 likes

Post by WCpete »

Gerblatz wrote:People have run out of words to describe Trump and his corporate presidency. He is doing what his masters tell him to do...he doesn’t come up with these ideas all by himself....dark agenda driven by far more powerful people. How else can it be explained that a moron living such a charmed existence can get away with the madness that he does. I seem to remember a number of Americans using the rationale to justify their vote for him as “Trump is emptying the swamp” ...such is the irony. By now, if he wasn’t being protected from on high, he would have had the dogs set loose on him...I have absolutely no doubts he will be a 2 term president...and will win the next one by a bigger majority...even without the help of Putin.
And his tax plan is going to hurt a great many of his voters while making permanent and substantial cuts to his masters.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Gerblatz wrote:

It will...I tend to see what is playing out at the moment as a pantomime...gone are the days of games of chess and strategic posturing, now its with handbags. The ones I get more concerned about, are the ones that go about their business quietly...no threats, no indication of what is going on until it’s in place. For me, these represent far more of a danger.
I never did trust those Canadians.
Gerblatz

Post by Gerblatz »

WCpete wrote:
And his tax plan is going to hurt a great many of his voters while making permanent and substantial cuts to his masters.
The only people to get hurt will be the taxpayers...as for his masters, they won’t see any cuts...pure rhetoric..the $2.3 Trillion black hole their budget revealed in 2001 has now grown to $8.5 Trillion...and no one knows where it has gone...and no one more worryingly for them, is standing up in congress and demanding answers. Strange that. It’s a dark agenda that reaches out of the public domain and out of the oversight of Trump, the who is meant to be one of the most powerful people on the planet...
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

They are on paper. Corporate tax rate is being cut to 20% in both plans. And you're right the GOP have flip flopped from their 'we'd rather default on the debt than add to it' to adding multiple trillions of $ to the debt.
Anyway, it's the very large multi nationals and über wealthy that will benefit in these plans. That's who I was referring to as his masters. Were you referring to other masters?
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Of all the hotspots in the world, he decides to go for the most fractious. He's a ****ing lunatic
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

RichieRiv wrote:Of all the hotspots in the world, he decides to go for the most fractious. He's a ****ing lunatic
I'd be surprised if he could point to it on a map.
Hawaiian hammer

Post by Hawaiian hammer »

Not hard to see why he wants the 20% corporate tax rate. The tax deficit he has been using to avoid paying tax is almost used up. This will give a few more years not paying tax.
Hawaiian hammer

Post by Hawaiian hammer »

Double post.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 205 likes
Total likes: 233 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Hawaiian hammer wrote:Not hard to see why he wants the 20% corporate tax rate. The tax deficit he has been using to avoid paying tax is almost used up. This will give a few more years not paying tax.
ICYMI:

Trump Could Save More Than $1 Billion Under His New Tax Plan
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... nefit.html
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

Unfortunately for the rest of us, gerrymandering and a very tribalist Congress makes a good bet for two year terms.

If the POTUS can get away with saying he can shoot someone in broad daylight and get away with it, can have his inner circle soaked with foreign agents, can boast about sexual assaults, can support racist groups and can claim that the media is attacking him on a personal basis, and his party stands idly by, he's in it for the long haul.

If he isn't removed before 2020, my money is on the US fighting a war somewhere in the Middle East or Asia.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Oi Petunia:

During Monday’s White House briefing, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders promised to distribute a list of “eyewitnesses” in an effort to debunk the claims of President Donald Trump’s sexual misconduct accusers.

“In terms of the specific eyewitness accounts, there have been multiple reports,” Sanders said. “I’ll be happy to provide them to you after the briefing.”

Sanders made good on her promise Monday night, giving some names to CNN and the progressive website ThinkProgress. And here’s the thing: These eyewitnesses…they don’t claim to have actually seen anything.

In an effort to refute the accusations of Samantha Holvey — who claims Trump harassed her during the 2006 Miss USA pageant, where she competed after having won the title of Miss North Carolina — the White House produced two former pageant contestants as supposed eyewitnesses; Katie Blair and Melissa Young. But neither Blair nor Young was in the 2006 Miss USA pageant. Blair was in the 2006 Teen Miss USA Pageant, held months after that year’s Miss USA. And Young was in the 2005 Miss USA pageant, one year before Holvey.
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

He's the gift that keeps on giving!
Today he has threatened would be suicide bombers with the death penalty! :P
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

A pro-choice Democrat is winning a US Senate special election in Alabama, which is just nuts. Yes, the Republican candidate was an off-the-chart loon and an accused pedophile, but this about the reddest or red states. The result is amazing in and of itself, but what is noteworthy is the reflection on Trump. Exit polls had the President's approval at about 50-50. This is a state that Trump won by 27%, 62%-34%, and now that gap has disappeared. Suggests that discontent was not just with the homegrown nut in Alabama but the one in the White House as well.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

This was a direct slap in trump's face. He even did robo calls for Moore. I guess America's going to have to hold off on being great again for a little while longer.