Another Child Sex Grooming Ring Broken Up

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Re: Another Child Sex Grooming Ring Broken Up

Post by delbert »

They did, and in many cases they were ignored. Plus of course, once this abuse has happened, it's too late. What the gangs are doing is a different type of child abuse to the typical white peado working alone, the end result is the same though, a wrecked young life.
Highlighting one type of case to deflect attention away from the other isn't right, it should all be exposed and severely punished.........
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Monkeybubbles wrote:
Yeah, there are far more of the good old traditional British nonce, doing far more disgusting things to far more children in far more sophisticatedly clandestine ways. It's important that people don't lose sight of this is the clamour to see justice against Muslim gangs.
Eye roller emoji at the standard patronising leftie liberal comment...
Billydinho

Post by Billydinho »

delbert wrote:They did, and in many cases they were ignored. Plus of course, once this abuse has happened, it's too late. What the gangs are doing is a different type of child abuse to the typical white peado working alone, the end result is the same though, a wrecked young life.
Highlighting one type of case to deflect attention away from the other isn't right, it should all be exposed and severely punished.........
But they should be investigated different. I know that won't sit comfortably with the social justice warriors on this site but they need to stop burying their heads and pretending the motives in these abuse cases are all the same.

It's not helping and is the usual boring implication of racist agendas as deflection tactics. :asleep:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Well I see we're playing buzzword bingo again. Absolutely no point in debating. :asleep:
Billydinho

Post by Billydinho »

sendô wrote:Well I see we're playing buzzword bingo again. Absolutely no point in debating. :asleep:
Sorry Sendo, this wasn't aimed at you.

More Monkeybubbles condescending post.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Billydinho wrote: Sorry Sendo, this wasn't aimed at you.

More Monkeybubbles condescending post.
Tell me I'm wrong then. Because I'm not.
Billydinho

Post by Billydinho »

I did tell you you're wrong. Because you are.

I suppose living in a part of the world where none of this is encountered it probably explains why you haven't got a clue...
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 815 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

sendô wrote:You're all looking at this the wrong way. You've formed a viewpoint that they view white girls as less than them therefore it is a muslim problem.

The problem is that they are paedos that think it is okay to abuse young girls in this way.

There's no "better or worse". Stop kidding yourselves. You think you can put together some form of education camp for asian nonces that will solve the problem? You can't.

All you can do is better arm and educate young girls, and encourage them to speak up when this abuse furst happens to stop it continuing.
Don't agree with that apart from the bit about them being paedos who are no better than any others.

They did view white girls as less, hence why they targetted them and treated them with such disdain.

You may not be able to educate specific asian nonces, however there is a signifcant (not all though) part of that culture that doesn't hold women in general in the greatest esteem, so maybe we should be trying to address that issue.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Billydinho wrote:I did tell you you're wrong. Because you are.

I suppose living in a part of the world where none of this is encountered it probably explains why you haven't got a clue...
Mate, take a look at what I wrote and tell me what part is wrong. Because it's not.

And then tell me, who should I hate more? The white British member of a paedophile ring who raped and killed two 10 year olds for his own sexual kicks, or the Muslim grooming gang member who rapes white girls as an act of sexual terrorism.

If you ask me, I'd say they both deserve the same slow painful death.

I agree with you that Muslim gangs need to be policed differently to established paedophile networks, by the way.
sendô

Post by sendô »

Bend it like Repka wrote: You may not be able to educate specific asian nonces, however there is a signifcant (not all though) part of that culture that doesn't hold women in general in the greatest esteem, so maybe we should be trying to address that issue.
Yes, but the point for me is that wont stop their nonces from being nonces. I'm not really sure that is something that can be stopped, and the suggestions from many off of the back of these stories is that the asian community seems to have more than the white community, which doesn't seem to be something that's backed up with stats.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Bend it like Repka wrote:there is a signifcant (not all though) part of that culture that doesn't hold women in general in the greatest esteem, so maybe we should be trying to address that issue.
Every single culture in history has treated women as inferior to men.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

The two key words there being "in history"......

No, the key terms, in fact, are 'every single'.

Obviously, to differing degrees, and we've got good old liberal values to thank for the progress we've made in the UK, of course, but the basic point stands.

Women are treated as inferior to men, practically the world over.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 815 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

prophet:marginal wrote: Women are treated as inferior to men, practically the world over.
I don't disagree with that, but let's be honest on a sliding scale it is obvious that some countries and cultures treat women far worse than others.

All peados are the lowest, to harm children is the worst of all crimes in my book. But the point in all these cases that are being highlighted on this thread, is that we are not dealing with singular predators who targeted victims who just happened to fall into their web. These are cases of a specific group of men who targeted girls they deemed of a lower moral base than their own ethnic culture and therefore their crime was racially motivated.

I think what is grating people is that if groups of white men were targetting immigrant children the press would be reporting it far more aggressively as a racial crime just as much as a crime of rape, assault or Pedophilia.

As a rule of thumb, the less liberal the culture, the more likely, and deeply, the mistreatment of women will be.

There are many different reasons why, in certain communities, vulnerable young women come into contact with the types of gangs or groups who will, in effect, prey on them.

The same thing happened to vulnerable children of both genders, when there were larger and many more children's homes.

It is troubling that many occasions arose when victims were initially disbelieved. There were others who may have been believed by investigators, but not proceeded with, because their actual vulnerabilities made them potentially incredible witnesses.

However, looking at the Worboys case, there were many women against whom it is believed he offended, who were fobbed off, disbelieved and ignored, by the police, even when there is no chance that they were somehow concerned about the image of their arresting the potential culprit had any kind of cultural sensitivity attached to it.

As for press reporting, we have to tread very carefully here. Matters should, indeed must, remain sub judice, even if only at the investigatory stage.

Acting in a way that could even possibly jeopardise a trial, putting victims through the misery of having to testify all over again, seems totally counter-productive, to me.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

prophet:marginal wrote:
Every single culture in history has treated women as inferior to men.
Maybe modern history?
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

sendô wrote:You think you can put together some form of education camp for asian nonces that will solve the problem? You can't.

All you can do is better arm and educate young girls, and encourage them to speak up when this abuse furst happens to stop it continuing.
There's zero we can do with the abusers so instead we "educate" their victims? Really Sends? Sorry but if so, that is arse about face.
sendô

Post by sendô »

Honest question, but do you really think there are people abusing young girls out there because they don't know that it is wrong?

They know it's wrong, and they know it's illegal, but choose to do it anyway.

So what are the options for reducing abuse of minors? Has there ever been any sort of initiative in history targetting the criminals in this sort of crime - save for online - that's seen a reduction in victims?
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

sendô wrote:Honest question, but do you really think there are people abusing young girls out there because they don't know that it is wrong?

Yes, sadly I honestly think at least some fall into that camp, or who at least believe it's not as wrong. We know there are people who don't think we are worthy of life because we don't share their religious beliefs. If people can think like that then others from the same religion can believe that what they do to girls from outside of their religion is not as bad / not bad at all compared to if they were raping young muslims girls. I'm also sure that young muslim girls are being abused by muslims but has one single victim of these multitude of gangs been muslim?

And I think that that is is the crux - it cannot be mere coincidence that these predominantly muslim networks have raped literally hundreds of non-muslims but that not one victim from their own religion has been the victim of these networks.

Unless it is coincidence it looks like those within these networks know who their peers find it acceptable to target and abuse. And frankly, that does not include their own. They just seem to know which girls can be victims and which are off limits to these networks. I stress networks, because as I said earlier I'm sure that muslim girls are victims to, just not to gangs apparently.

So I think this is about the space that these abusers create for themselves. Non- muslims not so important/ important . Women not so important. Men at the top of the hierarchy. These things all add to give these abusers the space they need. I think there are less limits for some of them than there are for others who respect women, see children as off limits and don't believe that what men want is more important than what others want. As for attitudes to the law ...

They know it's wrong, and they know it's illegal, but choose to do it anyway.

.... I think by illegal you mean illegal in man-made British law Sends.

A poll a couple of years back had twice as many muslims believing that some parts of British law should be replaced by Sharia law as those who didn't believe that. Surely if you believe that to some/ any degree 'God's laws' should usurp man's then the word illegal can become less hard and fast than for those who believe that we are best served by laws our elected representatives create. Surely not believing so much in man made laws adds to the space that I talked about earlier for at least a percentage of the abusers? If someone doesn't believe in the total primacy of man's laws, or in some / many cases I'm sure, say they don't then that space is further broadened.

So what are the options for reducing abuse of minors? Has there ever been any sort of initiative in history targetting the criminals in this sort of crime - save for online - that's seen a reduction in victims?

I'm not sure if the 'no means no' campaigns have had an effect but at least an attempt was made.

I guess that I'm just not remotely comfortable with the premise that it's the young victims that we need to educate. For me it's a bit like telling rape victims not to wear low cut dresses, short skirts and drink too much. That's anything but a perfect analogy Sends but for me there are similarities. Not that for one second I'm putting you amongst the ilk who would say that by the way - I just think you've accidentally ended up in not-entirely-dissimilar territory.

And I think that that is is the crux - it cannot be mere coincidence that these predominantly muslim networks have raped literally hundreds of non-muslims but that not one victim from their own religion has been the victim of these networks.

That's a false premise.

The sad fact is that the networks have existed, so as to prey on females with Asian heritage, too.

Perhaps these cases are not as newsworthy, but there definitely have been prosecutions.

Its not an issue of religion. That's just a convenient label.