Brexit referendum result aftermath

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Re: Brexit referendum result aftermath

Post by carnage »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:what WOULD the remainers do if another referendum to leave won by an even bigger margin I wonder ?

or are they only clamouring for another one because they think they are going to win hands down ?
Remain wound win comfortably.
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

The amount of remainer propaganda the past few weeks has been sickening. It's like they have thrown the kitchen sink at it.

"We'll forget the referendum result, but we'll have another one please".

Some berk must be funding this and slipping a few notes to spread the cause.

I wish Boris or Farage would start to counter this unless they are waiting for the right moment when we are fed up with the EU love in. The EU want our money, that's all. I wish people would see that!!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:what WOULD the remainers do if another referendum to leave won by an even bigger margin I wonder ?

or are they only clamouring for another one because they think they are going to win hands down ?
Humpty can't be put together again no matter what.

Leave or Remain, deal or no deal - the message has already been delivered and the mood has been set for many, many years to come.

I'm not sure what the EU's worst nightmare is currently - us on the outside with no deal, us on the inside lingering like a bad smell with an obstructionist bunch of euro-saboteurs thrown in alongside the Poles, Italians, Hungarians etc Image

People who imagine it will all just fade away if there's another referendum clearly haven't noticed the staying power of the likes of Sinn Fein and the SNP when it comes to similar situations.

When the SNP lost the referendum in Scotland, they were returned with an almost absolute majority next time out at Westminster because they would 'stand up for Scotland's interests'. There must be a strong chance the UK electorate would think the same way and elect a strongly eurosceptic/europhobic government.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

carnage wrote:
If they don't then there's always the next one, then another one and so on and so forth until they do. Then that will be the one that matters.........
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Now would be a great time for a "People's Vote v.2". If they win it's skinny lattes all round, if they lose they can claim nobody knew what they were voting for as there's no deal on the table.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1668 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

carnage wrote:
delbert wrote: If they don't then there's always the next one, then another one and so on and so forth until they do. Then that will be the one that matters.........
what Carnage ? best out of 3 ? would the leavers be entitled to another go ? and when either side win round 3 (if it went to that) what then ? best out of five...?

sounds like the kids I used to coach - when we had a dispute or a tie we would do Rock, Paper, Scissors.

ONE ROUND ONLY..not best out of 5.............whoever lost, guaranteed they'd want another go.

when they first announced the referendum, was it stated that there would be one and one only ? or did they say "Well if this result doesn't suit you, we'll do it again..."

my guess would be, IF the remainers won, there is no way on earth they would let the leavers have another referendum. so why would the leavers let the remainers have another go ?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Watching "Question Time" which as usual is all about Brexit. Rory Stewart is quite impressive, Diane Abbot is a c**t.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Watching "Question Time" which as usual is all about Brexit. Rory Stewart is quite impressive, Diane Abbot is a c**t.
:lol:
Was just going to post, I hope everyone's enjoying Diane's efforts to not answer any question..
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Samba wrote:
Was just going to post, I hope everyone's enjoying Diane's efforts to not answer any question..
Probably because she doesn't actually know the answer. Like the rest of her party.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Classic KUMB saying - play the man, not the ball. Try it some time gents. You'll come across less ludicrous.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Big George wrote:Well you can try that on, but they won't wear it. They spell it out clearly here
http://www.efta.int/About-EFTA/Frequent ... xit-328676" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);retun false;[/is,]
The reality is, in them articles the clauses are there. If they're not there to be used, then why put them there? Whether they "wear it" or not, is neither here nor there if it's mentioned in the agreement.
You also oversimplify the ECJ argument
How so?
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes

Post by carnage »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
what Carnage ? best out of 3 ? would the leavers be entitled to another go ? and when either side win round 3 (if it went to that) what then ? best out of five...?

sounds like the kids I used to coach - when we had a dispute or a tie we would do Rock, Paper, Scissors.

ONE ROUND ONLY..not best out of 5.............whoever lost, guaranteed they'd want another go.

when they first announced the referendum, was it stated that there would be one and one only ? or did they say "Well if this result doesn't suit you, we'll do it again..."

my guess would be, IF the remainers won, there is no way on earth they would let the leavers have another referendum. so why would the leavers let the remainers have another go ?
I just said a 2nd referendum is currently pointless. All I did was point out that Remain would win comfortably as a YouGov poll carried out after rejection of her deal gave Remain a 12 point lead. When the question was Remain or May’s deal it was 65%-35% and when the question was Remain or No Deal it was 59%-41%.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

I wonder how the PM’s remainer chats are going ?
Hello Mrs SNP what do you think ?
Hello Mr Lib Dem what do you think ?
Hello Mrs Green Party what do you think ?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

I see we're back to it all being the fault of "remainers".

It's the leavers that want to have their cake and eat it, and our PM has no idea how to deliver that.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

sendô wrote:I see we're back to it all being the fault of "remainers".

It's the leavers that want to have their cake and eat it, and our PM has no idea how to deliver that.
It’s not all down to remainers, the EU are also to blame for not giving us everything we want. According to some, they should bend over backwards because we’re the United Kingdom.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

aaronhammer wrote:It’s not all down to remainers, the EU are also to blame for not giving us everything we want. According to some, they should bend over backwards because we’re the United Kingdom.
No, not because we're the UK, but because if they were being honest with themselves they are running the risk of inflicting enormous damage on the economies of Germany and France if we leave with no deal.

Sovereign Governments have outsourced the negotiation to a management consultancy firm - accountable to nobody - many call it the EU, but they know it is their economies that will pay the price.

If I were in HMG I would run full page press adverts in the Bild Zeitung pointing out how many jobs could be lost in Germany as a result of a no deal Brexit.

Bring a bit of pressure to bare.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

carnage wrote:Remain wound win comfortably.
They said that last time. They also said that Cameron wouldn't get a parliamentary majority in 2015.

Nothing is certain until it is.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Nobody can be sure who could win. But i do know no win would be comfortable.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

RichieRiv wrote:
They said that last time. They also said that Cameron wouldn't get a parliamentary majority in 2015.

Nothing is certain until it is.
They also gave Trump 1-5% of winning in some of the polls too, Clinton was as nailed on as tomorrow being Saturday :lol:

Brexit was 8/1 on the day and 20/1 at Midday, that's how wrong the bookies and media got it.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1092 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

carnage wrote: I just said a 2nd referendum is currently pointless. All I did was point out that Remain would win comfortably as a YouGov poll carried out after rejection of her deal gave Remain a 12 point lead. When the question was Remain or May’s deal it was 65%-35% and when the question was Remain or No Deal it was 59%-41%.
That Peoples vote poll is interesting. It shows a few things about the original referendum. People who voted remain think any deal is a bad idea, this isn't surprising but it skews polls that are about solutions for leaving. People who voted leave are more in favour of no deal than remain voters are for a 2nd referendum. Leavers also favour Mays deal over remain if thats the choice (they favour no deal even more than that). Presumably these people are still alive at this point so they can't be ignored just yet.

So it seems politicians haven't got their finger on the right pulse of the people who voted in 2016. People keep saying leavers didn't know what they voted for, they didn't have all the facts, they were lied to but poll after poll disputes that, 2 years and knowing all the impacts they want no deal over every other option they are offered. Taking that off the table they want Mays deal. Neither side wants norway or customs union.