West Ham Utd 2 Hull City 1 (28/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Matt of iron

Re: West Ham Utd v Hull City: match thread

Post by Matt of iron »

I have a horrible feeling everyone will be checking there phones so the network will be up the swannie and no one will have a clue what is happening.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Old school, pocket Radio needed forget the phones, listening real time and cheers up everyone with Coventry goal updates !!!
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Pressure does silly things to footballers and sports people in general.

Is it likely that Southampton will win......of course it is. On any normal Saturday fixture you could bank on a home win without little fuss. A couple of early goals for us at The Boleyn and a 0-0 half time at St Marys and the fear around their ground will be palpable.

It will almost certainly be the play offs, but we've asked a small question of them.........now they have to answer it.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

We will win this match, no probs, that isn't even an argument. Th question is the bigger picture
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

I presume any Coventry goal will be announced over the ground speakers anyway. Think they'll probably keep schtum if Saints zip into the lead though
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

I'm not sure whether Carlton should play or not as he seems to have an injury and playing may jeopardise his chances of being fit for the play offs. He was immense for us last night and we will really need him for the play offs so is the slim chance of automatic worth messing up the better chance with the play offs?

This is why I wasn't totally happy with Southampton messing up on Saturday as otherwise we could have rested players (especially Carlton) in preparation.
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Up the Junction wrote:Whatever we think will happen, having looked at the Southampton boards on the way home from Leicester last night I can tell you their arseholes have completely gone.
I've been looking on there this morning, Guv. Can't quite believe how nervous they all are!

If this were the penultimate game, i reckon they'd all be confident of hammering Coventry but there is such an enormous amount of pressure on their shoulders for this one off game, that their belief seems to already be draining away :shock:

I do think both us & Southampton will win but as this is a game that Southampton will approach with a lot resting on their shoulders, anything could happen.

Dean Ashton said on TV last night that they'll be a lot of nerves around the Boleyn on Saturday but i don't think that'll be the case. I think most of us will be content with the play-offs by now and see anything else as a big bonus.

I think will round off the season with a good win, everyone will be anxiously listening to the nearest internet/radio feed but it'll be a great party atmosphere!
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Aceface wrote:I presume any Coventry goal will be announced over the ground speakers anyway. Think they'll probably keep schtum if Saints zip into the lead though
Not during play, surely?
Knaphill

Post by Knaphill »

This match could well start out the same way as our game against Brighton, + I'd be very surprised if Hull play any of their senior players they might want to sell in the summer in case they get injured.

I don't want to make a score prediction but just can't stop myself, 4-1, COYI
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

I've got to say that looking at the Southampton forum 'SaintsWeb' is hilarious. One guy in particular (Alpine Saint) is in a whole different league of bed wetters. I just wish we could clone him 30,000 times and buy them all tickets for the Coventry game. It would be impossible for their team to operate. Anyone know any good genetic engineers? :wink:
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 843 likes

Post by mushy »

Pop Robson wrote:Old school, pocket Radio needed forget the phones, listening real time and cheers up everyone with Coventry goal updates !!!
This for me as well, cant remember how long its been, at least these days you can use headphones instead of holding the radio to your ear.
I get fed up with arse holes spreading rumours that the likes of Coventry have gone three up when in fact they are getting tonked.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Matt of iron wrote:I have a horrible feeling everyone will be checking there phones so the network will be up the swannie and no one will have a clue what is happening.
Nothing new then! I can never get signal when im in the ground
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Pop Robson wrote:Old school, pocket Radio needed forget the phones, listening real time and cheers up everyone with Coventry goal updates !!!
:thup: Will be whacking in a couple of new AA's in the old transitor for Saturday - I think the last time I took a radio was v Cambridge to keep tabs on Pompy v Grimsby.
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

We'll all be put out of our misery when Soton go two up in ten minutes. :wink:

The longer it stays 0-0 down there the more their arseholes will start flapping. The fans will start cacking it and it will transfer down to the players.

I'm not overly bothered by it all but while there is a slim glimmer of hope I will piss my pants laughing if Soton f*** it up. All the pressure is on them.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

BBC just announced the Saints game is on TV Saturday

Probably means we will be on Sky?
dizzyhammer

Post by dizzyhammer »

Sky Sports 1 have our game on live Saturday. Dont know who BBC have yet.

But I'll be at the game COYI

:raver:
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Matt of iron wrote:I have a horrible feeling everyone will be checking there phones so the network will be up the swannie and no one will have a clue what is happening.
west ham15 wrote:Nothing new then! I can never get signal when im in the ground
Nope, me neither. I can invisage 30,000 of us all relying on one bloke with a radio, everyone listening out for faint cheering when nothing is happening on the pitch.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

dizzyhammer wrote:Sky Sports 1 have our game on live Saturday. Dont know who BBC have yet.

But I'll be at the game COYI

:raver:
You will probably be quite lonely as it's on Sunday.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

I think at the very very best Saints will draw with Coventry. So that means we need to bang a few goal in to make sure we better their goal difference.

Another 6-0 will do nicely.

COYI! :crest:
LeicesterHammer

Post by LeicesterHammer »

Matt of iron wrote:
You will probably be quite lonely as it's on Sunday.
:think: