West Ham Utd 2 Hull City 1 (28/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Mark32

Re: West Ham Utd v Hull City: match thread

Post by Mark32 »

bobcar wrote:So what did he say to get suspended?
From what I gather he was speaking about the lack of transfer funds he'll be receiving from the owners of the club in the summer.

Edit: Here's what he said apparently: http://audioboo.fm/boos/756803-hull-cit ... own-future
Last edited by Mark32 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

bubbles1966 wrote:Hull didn't have a sniff until we decided the game and the race for automatic promotion was over.

I wouldn't read much at all into that last 30 minutes.

Far better to concentrate on the first 60 where a team nearly as good as Cardiff (Hull beat them 3-0 a few weeks back) were pummelled into a relentless rearguard action of the type we usually have to perform at Anfield, the Emirates or Old Trafford - and in spite of that we were two up and able to take off our three main goalscorers and give the reserves a game.

They possibly have a defender or two that we could do with looking at.
Finally.

I could not believe all the "Alan Hansens" on here bleating about the second half. Once word had filtered to the team that automatic promotion was impossible, they would have been slightly "challenged" if they still went full speed. I am sure the same people on here would have moaned if we had picked up a few injuries or worse. The second half performance was as relevant a form guide as playing Real Jezkazgan in a pre-season friendly.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Agree with Bubbles & Sweeney - thought we were terrific for the first hour and completely dominated. We took the foot off the gas as soon as Cole went off.

And it's another home win - so the last 2 and a half games at home have seen a very good turnaround for us, just in time for the play-offs :thup:
mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 834 likes

Post by mushy »

Sweeney Bod wrote: Finally.

I could not believe all the "Alan Hansens" on here bleating about the second half. Once word had filtered to the team that automatic promotion was impossible, they would have been slightly "challenged" if they still went full speed. I am sure the same people on here would have moaned if we had picked up a few injuries or worse. The second half performance was as relevant a form guide as playing Real Jezkazgan in a pre-season friendly.
You have called it exactly right Sweeney, more of a testimonial type game for most of the 2nd half it seemed to me.
The writing was on the wall as soon as he taook Cole off ten minutes into the 2nd half.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

bobcar wrote:So what did he say to get suspended?
Nothing in yesterday's press conference (bar upsetting the dailies by telling them he'd not be doing to the Mondays).

Link here for those who've not visited KUMB's home page this afternoon: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smuts
Has liked: 1493 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by smuts »

Isn't Barmby a long term Hull supporter and kept his ST going even when he was playing?

Might by why to be fair he was so stroppy.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

smuts wrote:Isn't Barmby a long term Hull supporter and kept his ST going even when he was playing?
No idea smuts ... he's a sullen little **** though, for sure.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

The radio interview was decent. Said he never wanted another management job other than Hull.

And he's not a fan of The Happy Mondays Boss ?

:wink:
smuts
Has liked: 1493 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by smuts »

Up the Junction wrote: No idea smuts ... he's a sullen little **** though, for sure.
:lol:

Could be why though he takes things a bit more personally as a gaffer.