Manchester Utd 1-0 West Ham Utd (28/11/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Re: Manchester United v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Up the Junction wrote:The sounded pretty lively in the stream I watched.
Sent the video link to your email Mate..
Last edited by Bobby Orangeboom on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:Vision of the OS I reckon.
The amount of cameras that came out for there corners was unreal.
Your right a depressing depressing place.
Perhaps the club will be generous and have a 'real fan' and a 'tourist' end so that the 'real fans' can create some atmosphere, as if it's anything like last night then we will all need to pack our bags.
rudeboydubs

Post by rudeboydubs »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:Everytime I'm up there it gets worse.
Old Trafford is no longer a football ground it's a theme park for football tourists.
Actually feel bad for their proper support.

I was quite surprised at the amount of tourists I saw at my hotel and in the town who came specifically for the game. Seriously what a sad depressing place, no atmosphere at all.

what is proper support ??? so the tourist came specifically for the game??? lol they are really weird tourists!!!

whats peoples problems jesus!!!! im sure that whilst sittin on the top of the premier league with world class players they are regretting letting anyone in who hasn't got a man u tattoo on their face!!!
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:Everytime I'm up there it gets worse.
Old Trafford is no longer a football ground it's a theme park for football tourists.
Actually feel bad for their proper support.
Erm erm er er erm errrr did you just say you feel bad for Man Utd fans? :eh:

They get the big allocations for all the away matches and to be fair, seem to sell out everywhere. They also probably have the best (most vocal) following
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

rudeboydubs wrote:
what is proper support ??? so the tourist came specifically for the game??? lol they are really weird tourists!!!

whats peoples problems jesus!!!! im sure that whilst sittin on the top of the premier league with world class players they are regretting letting anyone in who hasn't got a man u tattoo on their face!!!
See what i mean Homerton ?
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

I've seen tourists come to watch West Ham before, in fact there are many West Ham supporters clubs based all around the world, what I saw last night was not the same. I saw people who are on holiday in England and as part of that holiday came to Manchester for one game, probably part of some package holiday.

No problem with that per se, but thousands taking over the stadium leaving the most depressing atmosphere i've ever witnessed in my life at a football ground just aint right.
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

rudeboydubs wrote:what is proper support ??? so the tourist came specifically for the game??? lol they are really weird tourists!!!

If you ever go there you might understand, maybe not though.
The fact the place was half empty by full time says it all.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Foster's Volley wrote:Lifted from Football365's mailbox:

"I was disappointed in the West Ham fans. Maybe they were keen to not accidentally do an anti-semitism, but they were very quiet. And that's in the context of a pitiful atmosphere from the home fans. I was in the East Stand, near the Wham fans, and only heard them once, singing Bubbles after around 20 minutes. I'd assumed they'd be a lot more raucus (sic) than that for some reason"
What a load of old ****!

I was in the South stand close to the Stretford end and I could hear us fine.
boobs
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by boobs »

We are West Ham's Claret n Blue Army was the only version sung last night.

Decent atmosphere in our end although I would be embarrassed to be a Man U fan.

Really don't understand why they bother going if not to support their team.

It was far too cold to sit there quiet for 90 odd minutes!
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

just got back. I also didnt hear that apparent chant it was the usual west hams claret and blue army for a long period.

Thought our fans were fantastic last night, fella in the home end told me he couldnt believe how much we stayed behind the team considering we were 1 down in 30 seconds. - were west ham thats what we do.

thought their fans were awful, heard them twice all night and i was sat next to the segregation apart from one little prick who got thrown out i didnt hear them at all. Harrow has it spot on about the tourists the queue for the tram and the range of accents was mental. mostly irish i may add!

anyway west ham were the b*llocks and on another day we would have won that game.
irongav
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by irongav »

UTJ . I didnt hear that chant at all mate, But i was clapping n singing we are west hams claret and blue army so loud!.did hear we want clattenburg shouted when the ref booked nolan, i think! [which was great tongue in cheek I thought] Must say our support last night was outstanding and was dissapointed that the papers did'nt report how passionate the west ham fans are, I would say that should have made the headlines?
Game wise, such a shame a silly goal, cost us last night. We play like that against lesser teams and we will get points.
Must confess that at 2.30 am this morning I got nicked for driving a car 12 days out of mot!!!! I am very sorry now for any harm this will bring the club and the shame I will have caused to all other supporters :oops: If its any consolation within 8 hours I have reformed and now drive a fully legal car, please forgive me!

Cant wait till saturday and if my hands have stopped stingimng by then , bring on the noise.
HarrowInnHammer

Who wrote the article in The Times?
rudeboydubs

Post by rudeboydubs »

[quote="HarrowInnHammer"
If you ever go there you might understand, maybe not though.
The fact the place was half empty by full time says it all.[/quote]

yes i have been there thankyou.. and if i had not does that mean some thing like im not a real supporter?? what do you expect on a wednesday evening. ....

and BO what do you mean exactly??
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Anyone concerned about tourists attending premiership games certainly won't enjoy watching West Ham playing in the Olympic Stadium in 4 years time...assuming we're still in the prem that is.
towner

Post by towner »

Foster's Volley wrote:"I was disappointed in the West Ham fans. Maybe they were keen to not accidentally do an anti-semitism, but they were very quiet. And that's in the context of a pitiful atmosphere from the home fans. I was in the East Stand, near the Wham fans, and only heard them once, singing Bubbles after around 20 minutes. I'd assumed they'd be a lot more raucus (sic) than that for some reason"

That's absolute garbage,i was in the Ferguson stand and could hear us loud and clear for most of the game,i wonder how the hell he missed the "we are west hams claret and blue army" song which went on for quite a while.
I certainly never heard us sing "we are the racist claret and blue army" so it looks like some of those hacks have very active imaginations.

My first visit to OT in about 10 years and it now reminds me of the emirates for atmosphere,truly abysmal and the amount of flash bulbs that go off at every corner,free kick,throw in was ridiculous.
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

Just home from match last night....

MOTM - Tomkins, closely followed by Reid and Jussi. {Would be worried that Sir Bollix will have an eye on Tomkins in the January transfer window} - for those of ye that thought Taylor should be MOTM, what the f*** are ye drinking? Himself and Jarvis need a boot up the hole, given their pathetic performances last night. Definately thought we deserved at least a point from the game.

Thought our fans were fantastic, and at times out-sang the home support.

Would like to get all 3pts this weekend... :crest:
kasi

Post by kasi »

The only version was "we are west ham claret and blue army" yesterday, no other version reach my ears at least. The only ironic "racist" chant I heard yesterday was "are we nazis in disguise" who died after a couple of seconds but I thought it was quit funny.
HarrowInnHammer

rudeboydubs wrote:yes i have been there thankyou.. and if i had not does that mean some thing like im not a real supporter?? what do you expect on a wednesday evening. ....

and BO what do you mean exactly??
I assumed if you'd been, you'd know what it was like.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

For once in my life, I'm inclined to recommend the Liverpool way of doing things. Unimpressed by the Sun they slaughter them at every game.

Anyone unimpressed by the Daily Mail should vocalise. After all, they backed the fascists in the 1930s.

Surely, someone can think of a song.

"Oswald Mosely and his Daily Mail army"
rudeboydubs

Post by rudeboydubs »

yeh i know what its like ...huge lol and quite clearly has been a factor, if not a big one, but still a factor in helping manchester cuntied be such a huge club