West Ham Utd 2-3 Liverpool (09/12/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Re: West Ham United v Liverpool: Match Thread

Post by Billy Hunt »

If George is still injured it has to be Taylor on the left flank, Jarvis right for me, to give JOB a bit of a protection from Johnson pushing forward.so much

I'd still be happy with a point from this, ecstatic if it was 3
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

If Liverpool win this game then nobody will be surprised.
If we win this game: Liverpool have no strikers or Liverpool didn't play well or Brendan Rodgers is not right for Liverpool and should be sacked or the sun was too bright and got in the Liverpool players eyes or West Ham's direct football didn't suit Liverpools style of play.
Sam may as well just start talking about chocolate gateaux's before and afterwards as we won't get much credit.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Im going for a 2-0 Nolan double. Not backing it though, last time i bet on a West Ham match we got tonked 6-0 at Newcastle so never again. :lol:
englandsnumber13

Post by englandsnumber13 »

We do have a good record at upton park against this lot and to be honest they are not looking great, that said we still need to be at our best, has to be the same team that started the second half on saturday.
I feel a bit sorry for Tomkins but on sat he may as well not have been on the pitch such was his contribution so has to be a back ub CB for now.

-----------------Jussi-----------------------

Demel------Collins--Reid---JOB

-------------Noble--------------------

Jarvis----------Diamme--------Taylor

-----------Nolan-----------------------------
------------------------Cole-----------------
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

the wren wrote:If Liverpool win this game then nobody will be surprised.
If we win this game: Liverpool have no strikers or Liverpool didn't play well or Brendan Rodgers is not right for Liverpool and should be sacked or the sun was too bright and got in the Liverpool players eyes or West Ham's direct football didn't suit Liverpools style of play.
Sam may as well just start talking about chocolate gateaux's before and afterwards as we won't get much credit.
If we win, you can be sure that is what will happen. All the press and pundits will do precisely that, but I'm not bothered, I shall still bask in our glory and none of them can take that away. UP is still not a fortress just yet, but it is lovely to know that so many visiting teams do now say to themselves, oh f***, we've got West Ham away next week. I now know how it felt to be a Bolton fan
drewesq

Post by drewesq »

the wren wrote:If Liverpool win this game then nobody will be surprised.
Bit disappointing that on MOTD they focused on Chelsea being rubbish and 'squandering chances' rather than us generally playing better for 60% of the match. *Also with some clinical finishing, which was nice!
Last edited by drewesq on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Suarez is carrying them this season, take him out of the team and they're very average, relying on a raw young striker, a past his best Gerrard and Jonjo Shelvy.

As luck would have it he's out of their team this weekend.

As such, expect an away win.

As for the press, f*** em. We don't cheer for West Ham to win so that some sycophantic hack can wax lyrical and give the team a metaphorical arse licking, we do it so that we can tell all our big club supporting fair-weather fan "friends" to shove it up their collective arses.
Last edited by sendô on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Has to start with the team that started the 2nd half really. I can't see him doing anything other than that.

As everyone else has mentioned, it is a massive plus that Suarez is out but I do worry about Sterling. We seem to have an issue defending against pace. Keep him quiet and I think we have more than a fighting chance here!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Just been talking to my Spud work colleague about their last week of football. He went to all 3 games.

In his view, LFC are the best at ball retention he has seen this season.

Even before Spurs' ridiculous o.g., LFC had the edge in the game.

Given a pair of unexpectedly good results at Sid James and this w/end, I'll be well happy for us to hunker down for a point here. Win and we could go 6th!
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

fjthegrey wrote:These ***** don't scare me at all. Just the kind of lightweight, fancy pants team Allardyce eats for breakfast.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Downing has been playing (well trying to) full back for Liverpool lately. I really think he could be a massive weak link for them if he continues in that position on Sunday. Liverpool do however have a pair of very decent center halfs who will take a lot of beating

I reckon this’ll be a tight game with neither team wanting to concede the first goal. 0-0
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

How can you not be confident after Saturday? The 3-1 against them 2 years ago was brilliant - one of the few high points that season.

1-0. Diame.
theflafson

Post by theflafson »

Any idea what's going on with Yossi?
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1324 likes

Post by davids cross »

John Aldridge has given his in depth and considered view on Liverpools opponents to the Liverpool Echo.

"West Ham like to launch the ball as we know"

:asleep:
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

davids cross wrote:John Aldridge
Ugly scouse c*ntstain.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

prophet:marginal wrote:Just been talking to my Spud work colleague about their last week of football. He went to all 3 games.

In his view, LFC are the best at ball retention he has seen this season.

Even before Spurs' ridiculous o.g., LFC had the edge in the game.

Given a pair of unexpectedly good results at Sid James and this w/end, I'll be well happy for us to hunker down for a point here. Win and we could go 6th!
Agree, they do have the ability to keep the ball, so we need to be patient and work incredibly hard.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

kthammer wrote:Agree, they do have the ability to keep the ball, so we need to be patient and work incredibly hard.
We need to press them like we did to Chelsea in the 2nd half. If we go like the 1st half against Chelsea, they'll dictate the play, even if they are toothless without Suarez (fnar).
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Think Big Sam's Bolton used to have a good record over them at The Reebok. Never used to like it up 'em, I think
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

I love beating these scumbags, but it just feels like a loss to me. Well, more a great win against a strong opposition usually ends in hiding to an inferior team we should beat. What makes it even more likely that we will lose is that this 'inferior' team is Liverpool. Now, I know their fall from grace seems to be accelerating rather than decelerating, but I think there will still be a mentality in the back of some players' heads that they're up against a great team.
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

two one irons as the scum is suspended, didnt know that til today thats made my morning